PDA

View Full Version : 12/29 irvine lake trip need help

jtvong
12-28-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm gonna be heading to irvine lake tomorrow morning at around 6:30. It's gonna be my first time I'm gonna be shore fishing. Anyone wanna join? Also any advice at this lake? This is my first time and I'm new at this.

JoshR88
12-28-2013, 11:27 PM
How's it going jtvong? I haven't been to the vine this year so my advice probably isn't as good as other people's on here. When ever I fish from shore at the vine I try and get a spot on the west shore. If you're bait fishing nothing beats the good ol inflated night crawler, use a sliding sinker 6 to 15 inches up. Same thing with power bait, my go to there is chartreuse. I've had success drop shoting power worms there as well in orange color. It could never hurt to cast out a rooster tail or kastmaster either. I hope this info helps. For future reference this lake is dynamite on the troll. I'm not sure how much it is to rent a boat at the moment but it's well worth it. Good luck!

jtvong
12-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Awesome thank you very much for the advice josh! I will give it a try and post a report as soon as I get home from fishin.