PDA

View Full Version : Lodging in Bridgeport

Mike274
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Need some help with lodging guys. Going to the Bridgeport area in a couple of weeks with a friend. Though neither of us have been there we have heard a lot about it. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Going to fish so doesn't have to break the bank but not a dive either.

Thanks

Mike

Sparky70
09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
HUH?...... :offtopic: :offtopic:

ghost2uu
09-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Stay at the west walker lodge

gwjones00
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Where in Bridgeport? In town itself? Virginia Lakes? Upper/Lower Twin?

You might start out with this website: http://www.bridgeportcalifornia.com/lodging.htm. I've stayed at the Bridgeport Inn a few years back - it's your basic motel. Parents have stayed at the Best Western Ruby Inn - a little less rustic than the Bridgeport Inn, but significantly more $s during high season. One thing is that you are going off season, so the $s are less right now.

If you are going to be at Twin Lakes, you might consider the Twin Lakes Resort. The big benefit is that you are right on Lower Twin. There is also Mono Village at Upper Twin, or Doc and Al's on Robinson Creek. I stayed at the Twin Lakes Resort - but that was *many* years ago. I am sure they are pretty pricey by now....

Make sure you check out the hot springs in Bridgeport (Travertine Hot Springs). It is literally five minutes south of town. Any of the locals in Bridgeport can tell you how to get there. Well worth the price of admission (free)!

Your other option is to stay in Lee Vining, but then you will need to endure the 30 minute drive to Bridgeport.

You might also want to call up if you are anticipating renting a boat, etc., since some of the marinas may have closed for the season (For example, I heard that Bridgeport Reservoir's marina is closed. Saddlebag Lakes Resort closes 9/30, etc.) Have fun whereever you stay!

falcor49
09-26-2007, 06:18 PM
sparky70 how is that off topic hes going to fish this is a fishing website/forum ??????????? :argue: :beat: :slap: :dedhorse: :idiot: :soapbox:

Oban
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
sparky70 how is that off topic hes going to fish this is a fishing website/forum ??????????? :argue: :beat: :slap: :dedhorse: :idiot: :soapbox:
He posted this topic on the subforum Eastern Sierra Reports, which is supposed to be only for topics on fishing reports. Questions are what the NorCal General Message Board is for. It even says in the subtext of the forum, "Post general fishing topics and questions here."
gwjones00 has answered the original post better than I could have.
I have only stayed at Mono Village on the Upper Twin, multiple times. Really good place to stay, don't know about the expenses though. Not to mention, the are probably booked till the end of the season.

DreStyle
09-26-2007, 08:40 PM
This Place is south of Bridgeport and north of Lee Vining. Great place and good people that run it.

http://www.virginiacrksettlement.com/

Big Country
09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Another thing to remember is that town shuts down around 6 pm each night so make sure your bellies are full and you have plenty of whatever to get you through the night.

As for lodging, I prefer the place on the right as you come into town. I believe it is the Walker Inn or something to that effect.

chummer
09-28-2007, 12:33 PM
There are cabins up at Mono Village at Upper Twin. Beautiful place and good fishing.

Mike274
09-30-2007, 01:18 AM
All,

Thank you kindly for the help. I will be sure to give feedback when I return.

Sparky,

I have posted this type of question in the no. cal general forum in the past with little or no responses. As you can see better response re:eastern sierras from the eastern sierra board. Hmmm.

Much thanks again all for the 411 and I will be sure to call ahead.

Mike