PDA

View Full Version : Quick Report from the Upper Lake

GhettoBasser
12-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Got to the lake. Was the 6th car. Hit our point but again beaten by the campers. We still tried to fish the point but they had the spot. They caught 6 stripers all on cut bait. Biggest was 6lbs. We caught 1 with a few bites. Too bad other people showed up and started casting in the same pocket we were in. I mean geez! I got their at 5 in the am, you showed up at 11 and think you should have the same spot. Lost another because of their line.

We moved to the dam. We were told it was just stocked. Didn't see that many trout. There were probably 20 + people all throwing swimbaits. Saw 3 good fish caught on swimbaits while we were there for an hour and a half. It was windy early, it was tolerable but still crappy. Learning a lot about swimbait fishing though.

Hope this helps.

Ian
12-23-2013, 08:07 PM
So they stocked it at noonish and the 3 swimbait fish were caught in the pm?

GhettoBasser
12-23-2013, 08:27 PM
I think they stocked around 915am. We fished our point until 1138am. Moved to the dam by noon and left at 2pm. There was one guy 4 spots down from the corner closest to the launch ramp that had 2, 6 and 8 lbers. Saw one more caught in the middle of the dam and one guy lost another at the shore.

dkinla
12-23-2013, 09:11 PM
that's pretty good you're the 6th car in line...

the few times I went recently while the bite was hot off the dam... I was more like the 125th car in line... almost all the way up to the top of that road :LOL:

anyways, at least you were out there while I was working all day!