PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to Irvine

CT4Fisher
12-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Any tips for Monday fishing please. First time fishing that lake anything will help. Thank you. I'll be shore fishing. Bait n jigs

hookerz
12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I'll be there in the morning. 1st or 2nd boat (starcraft) in line. From the shore, try the west shore. Power bait or night crawlers will work for trout. Move if U don't get bit after a while. THe flats can be good too if it slow on the west shore.
tight lines :Fishing Catch:

CT4Fisher
12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Got there at 6 am. Poles in the water around 7. Set up one with bait jigging on the other. 20 minutes later a short bite on the bait pole. Nothing tho. No bites on any jigs. Got real windy so had to quit jigging,both poles now have bait on them. Bobber bounced up but I thought it was the gust of wind. Wrong, pole starts bending by the time I pick it up fish is off. Only one person I saw catching even guys on boats not pulling nothing in. Left the lake at 11. Horrible first time.

See Chris Fish
12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Bummer on the skunk.
I was second car through and line wet by 6:15. First within minutes.
It was windy but a great day. I saw lots of fish being caught. Lots of head shakes with thrown hooks.
I ended at 3:35 with a limit at the last minute.
Keep coming out and don't worry, it's fishing not catching.
In the wind like that, put on a bigger weight to cast and sink thru the wind driven current.
Change colors, baits, length, etc till you find what they want.

hookerz
12-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I was about 5th car, 1st boat through the gate. I spent most the morning fishing for cats off rocky point. Managed one 3 pounder after a lot of short bites. About 12, a fly lined night crawler goes from one side of the boat to the other unnoticed. I thought it was a wiper as it pullled pretty hard. After some searing runs, I had a 5 pound bow in the net. Nothing else though. I've had to work really hard to find any fish this trout season but I've been looking for that monster cat every trip too. Don't get discouraged on a skunk, it happens to me ALL the time. It's called fishing not catching and you can't really beat da Vine locally. I have many giant fish stories about this lake.
tight lines :Fishing Catch:

Sometimes, the bite doesn't go off until just before closing. There's been more then one time where I don't catch anything all day and then all of a sudden at the end of the day, I get that monster in the net.