PDA

View Full Version : Fri & Sat 13/14 kayak fishing

elbowlayer
12-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Launched from ramp two both days around 8am. Both days were pretty much identical. My mornings were dead, no bites, I have been trying to find some good deep water spots but no luck so far. I know guys dont like to give up too much info but any tips on spots on that side of the lake will be appreciated. Once the sun warmed up the shorelines and I saw the water temp hit 60, i started hitting the shallow bite. I found a couple of packs both days, catching a handful of small/med bass, all on soft plastics, senkos worked best. I still havent been able to pop my striper cherry, so any help in that department will be helpful too, thanks for reading my post. See you guys on the water.

I didnt post this picture before, but i got this catfish on a crankbait 2 weeks ago. This is the second big cat that I have caught on a crankbait, this one weighed 12lbs.

kaiyasdad
12-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Launched from ramp two both days around 8am. Both days were pretty much identical. My mornings were dead, no bites, I have been trying to find some good deep water spots but no luck so far. I know guys dont like to give up too much info but any tips on spots on that side of the lake will be appreciated. Once the sun warmed up the shorelines and I saw the water temp hit 60, i started hitting the shallow bite. I found a couple of packs both days, catching a handful of small/med bass, all on soft plastics, senkos worked best. I still havent been able to pop my striper cherry, so any help in that department will be helpful too, thanks for reading my post. See you guys on the water.

I didnt post this picture before, but i got this catfish on a crankbait 2 weeks ago. This is the second big cat that I have caught on a crankbait, this one weighed 12lbs.

see any birds working? looks like you fish mostly around ramp 2 area. best advice for stripers is get there at 6. by 8 when you launch, especially if its a clear sunny day, any surface action is usually over by then.

NFCD I
12-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I agree with Kaiyasdad. At 8.00AM the morning bite is just about over, unless you can catch shad in a "dip net" and fish a little deeper. If you get there and on the water by 6:15 or so, throw top water or white 4" swim baits and your Striper cherry will be broken.
Good Luck

elbowlayer
12-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Nice, thanks guys, the only reason I havent gotten there earlier is the cold. I will get out there early on Friday. It seems most striper guys hit the launch ramp 1 side for striper. I try to stay on the other side with less traffic, last time I fished the other side some aholes throttled their boat full speed by my kayak, creating some big wakes I'm stuck trying to paddle through.

P.A.W.
12-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Yah man, get thee to ramp 1 and launch there. Troll a fluke up into the east end and hang on! Well, for the first hour or so. What color is your Yak?

elbowlayer
12-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Yah man, get thee to ramp 1 and launch there. Troll a fluke up into the east end and hang on! Well, for the first hour or so. What color is your Yak?
Thanks P.A.W, I have a red kayak, with a bunch of stickers on it. Im going to give it a shot on friday, if you see me out there say HI

allIdoIsfish
12-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I agree with everyone else, Go to ramp 1 before 7-8am and youll get some stripers. I think i saw you on friday! i was pulling up to ramp 2 when you were launching

elbowlayer
12-18-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree with everyone else, Go to ramp 1 before 7-8am and youll get some stripers. I think i saw you on friday! i was pulling up to ramp 2 when you were launching

Thanks allidolsfish, it was probably me launching on Friday, I didn't see anyone else in a kayak all day. If your going out there again on Friday, maybe I'll see you again. I bought the annual pass and boat launch pass, so I'll be there pretty much every weekend.

elbowlayer
12-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Actually I was just thinking about it, if anyone wants to go in and lauch a boat and you want a fishing buddy, hit me up. I live pretty close to the lake and my pass works on any vehicle and boat I'm traveling in, you could save parking and launch expenses

kaiyasdad
12-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Actually I was just thinking about it, if anyone wants to go in and lauch a boat and you want a fishing buddy, hit me up. I live pretty close to the lake and my pass works on any vehicle and boat I'm traveling in, you could save parking and launch expenses

how much is the annual pass with boat launch? im going tomorrow and will let you know how the fishing was.

elbowlayer
12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
how much is the annual pass with boat launch? im going tomorrow and will let you know how the fishing was.

Thanks buddy, the entry pass is 100, the launch pass if 50, total is 150.00. so basiclly everytime i go in i only pay 4 bucks to fish. the other nice thing is the pass is assigned to the person, not the vehicle or boat, so i can go in with someone and their boat it would cover their boat and car.

NFCD I
12-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks buddy, the entry pass is 100, the launch pass if 50, total is 150.00. so basiclly everytime i go in i only pay 4 bucks to fish. the other nice thing is the pass is assigned to the person, not the vehicle or boat, so i can go in with someone and their boat it would cover their boat and car.

I buy the passes each year for Skinner. I wish, like Perris, they would add enough in the annual pass to cover the $4.00 as well. Less hassle for everyone.

NFCD I
12-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Elbowlayer...Did you break your striper cherry Friday?

elbowlayer
12-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Elbowlayer...Did you break your striper cherry Friday?

Not yet brother, I didn't even get out to the lake on Friday.