PDA

View Full Version : SARL..Sunday 12/15/13

cambofisher
12-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Fished sarl for the first time this year with my nephews. Got to the lake just when the line was starting to move. It was still dark and windy when we got to our spot. I was tired from the previous night so decided to stay in the car and nap till the sun came out. Woke up around 8 or so when one of my nephew was hooked up to our first fish of the day.

By then my eldest nephew was ready to get on the lake with his float tube. He tubed for a couple hours for nothing, not even a bite. All the while myself and my two younger nephews had 5 on the stringer including 1 that given to us by a fellow angler who was leaving (sorry didn't get your name). We ended up with a total of 11 fish from1-2.5 lb. Nothing to big but it was still fun to catch. One of my nephew did lose what looked to be a 6-7lb fish right in front of the net. Over all it was good fishing for us but looking around the whole lake it seemed slow with anglers managing 1 or 2 fish, nothing big.

We caught most of our fish on white and pink power mouse on c-rig with the leader being no more than 12 inches long. But did manage 1 on dropshotting a power worm. The trick on getting bit was to not cast out to far, for all fish caught were no more than 10 feet out. Oh almost forgot to say that we occasionally saw lightning trout rising no more than 5 feet out, so they perhaps was just cruising. We did land one lightning on the day. Hanks for reading.

Cambo

Mr T-rex
12-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Nice report! i dont think ill be able to nap while im at a lake ahah you must of been tired
Pink & white mice tails are hot right now