PDA

View Full Version : Swimbait repair help

parkermann2
12-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Hey guys I have a Huddleston and a savage that are pretty jacked up. The hudd has an old paint job and no paint on the eyes is there anything I can do to fix it? And the savage is in good condition except the hook is very dull and the eyelet where you tie your line to us broken.
I would imagine that there is nothing I can do to fix them but maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for your help

guppie
12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey guys I have a Huddleston and a savage that are pretty jacked up. The hudd has an old paint job and no paint on the eyes is there anything I can do to fix it? And the savage is in good condition except the hook is very dull and the eyelet where you tie your line to us broken.
I would imagine that there is nothing I can do to fix them but maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for your help

Might be able to solder the eyelets

jerryG
12-31-2013, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't worry about the Huddleston. I've caught fish on Huddlestons with blacked out eyes but if you have more confidence in the bait with painted eyes then get yourself a silver sharpie. Leave the center of the eye black and trace around the outer eye with the sharpie.. Or you can also trim down the eyes with a razor blade on each side to make a nice flat surface where the eyes are then super glue on 3-D eyes.

I would cut the eyes off the Savage Gear Trout and super glue them on the hud then throw the Savage away. You can buy a new one for under $15 it's not even worth your time trying to repair it and if you do it's never going to be right.

If you must salvage the Savage you could drill a hole in it from the top of the nose down through the body. Cut to size a red coffee straw and insert it in to the line through hole then super glue in to place. This will convert the lure in to a line through swim bait. Sharpen the top hook, slide your line through the straw and tie off to the ring on the bottom . It should work but again it would be unlikely that it would ever perform as it did when it was new.

JerryG