PDA

View Full Version : Fatty out of HB 12/11/13

troutsniffer
12-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Caught this nice sandy on wed using a 3" hammer swimbait. What a Fight :Big Grin: Weight 4.50lbs. 2nd biggest sandy was 2.5lbs on DS.
A few butts in the 18-20" range on DS.

The Spottie bite was off the hook an hr before sunset. Caught around 15 to 18 all in the 12"-16" range. DS ftw

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/sergiotallin98/1483297_675726062493928_1964733839_n.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/sergiotallin98/media/1483297_675726062493928_1964733839_n.jpg.html)

Ifishtoolittle
12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Nice job dude! Shoot! I gotta get back out there. DS you say?

Quick question, how were tides like? I fished the receding tide to low tide last time for one legal butt. It was worth it in a way but also disappointing.

bachiboy
12-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Nice fish!!! Sounds like some pretty dang nice numbers too.

Congrats!
Don

troutsniffer
12-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Nice job dude! Shoot! I gotta get back out there. DS you say?

Quick question, how were tides like? I fished the receding tide to low tide last time for one legal butt. It was worth it in a way but also disappointing.

Yes drop shot was killer for spoties the last hr of fishing (bent rods every 2-3 cast). The rest of the day was slow, some hrs a bit more active than others but on average 4-6 fish per hr.
The tide was low when we got there so we went outside the harbor right away and came back in towards the evening when the tide was up.

Yesterday 12/14/13 we hit up LB break wall and a few other spots. The Calico and Sandy Bite was off the hook all day. We also caught a bunch of perch and croacker. My son caught this nice
sheephead on the ds.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/sergiotallin98/shep.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/sergiotallin98/media/shep.jpg.html)

Ifishtoolittle
12-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Yes drop shot was killer for spoties the last hr of fishing (bent rods every 2-3 cast). The rest of the day was slow, some hrs a bit more active than others but on average 4-6 fish per hr.
The tide was low when we got there so we went outside the harbor right away and came back in towards the evening when the tide was up.

Yesterday 12/14/13 we hit up LB break wall and a few other spots. The Calico and Sandy Bite was off the hook all day. We also caught a bunch of perch and croacker. My son caught this nice
sheephead on the ds.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/sergiotallin98/shep.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/sergiotallin98/media/shep.jpg.html)

Shoot! I've never had much faith in the DS. I've always been a T-rig guy. I guess I gotta throw the DS now. Nice job to you and your son.

skunked4life
12-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Nice to see other techniques producing! Great sheep head! Gotta get me one of those!

Skunked4life

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Gosh, where to start?

Maybe blur out the background? Be smart and not fish where the employees have guns?

Dude in all forum sites I'm apart of, I waited to join this one a year later. First post of bass fishing I see is yours. And the part that chaps my hide is that I guarantee you give your so called Huntington harbor fishing tips to other people.

I wonder if any one else thinks its cool to make military men jobs harder? Is that what we enlisted for? OC sheriff's are lackadaisical, and we USE to be off on weekends, but as of two days ago we now work weekend's because people are fishing in our harbor, and even DIVING HERE! Biggest threat to the navy, underwater divers. But they installed sonar so that stuff will come to a stop quick.

So now, me and my crew are forced to work weekend's, the time I used to get out and fish because I earned it!!

But its cool, we know what your boat looks like now!

Tight lines

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a638/Dixonhand5/IMG_20131215_085334_zps1d32a6dc.jpg

GhettoBasster
01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Gosh, where to start?

Maybe blur out the background? Be smart and not fish where the employees have guns?

Dude in all forum sites I'm apart of, I waited to join this one a year later. First post of bass fishing I see is yours. And the part that chaps my hide is that I guarantee you give your so called Huntington harbor fishing tips to other people.

I wonder if any one else thinks its cool to make military men jobs harder? Is that what we enlisted for? OC sheriff's are lackadaisical, and we USE to be off on weekends, but as of two days ago we now work weekend's because people are fishing in our harbor, and even DIVING HERE! Biggest threat to the navy, underwater divers. But they installed sonar so that stuff will come to a stop quick.

So now, me and my crew are forced to work weekend's, the time I used to get out and fish because I earned it!!

Tight lines

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a638/Dixonhand5/IMG_20131215_085334_zps1d32a6dc.jpg

So this harbor is off-limits per the military? Yikes. So between private property restrictions and law/military restrictions, where is a guy allowed to harbor fish?

troutsniffer
01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Gosh, where to start?

Tight lines

Your coming off a bit strong there dude.
This was my 2nd trip there so I'm not aware of all boundaries and such in those harbors. I just watch for signs that say keep out, ect and keep my distance from those sites!
Blur the background, be smart??? Is their something wrong with where I fished? Is their something wrong with sharing fishing tips bcuz that would be a 1st?

You can private message me anytime if you have problem with me dude. No need to go list problems/issues here like it's Facebook.

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 12:06 PM
So this harbor is off-limits per the military? Yikes. So between private property restrictions and law/military restrictions, where is a guy allowed to harbor fish?

He knows, his son is holding a picture of his spottie right next to a flashing sign that says NO FISHING, KAYAKING, OR JET SKIIS. hell everyone and their mother knows they can't fish our bay. Sort of like a slap in the face when he takes the liberty to put pictures up of it, basking in the glory of catching fish in an unauthorized area. Of course the fish are big and u catch tons, because no one can and no one is that dumb! I'm just going to take the impression that you've never been thru here...

I could show u fish pictures for days... Huge models! But I earned the right to fish in here, get what I'm saying? My crews mad because this is part of the reason we have to work weekend's now, along with the divers. So the couple of years that we have here before going back overseas, is now crap until further notice. All because people want to be a so called "ninja". Have a little respect, if not for us then for our families. I'm done

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Your coming off a bit strong there dude.
This was my 2nd trip there so I'm not aware of all boundaries and such in those harbors. I just watch for signs that say keep out, ect and keep my distance from those sites!
Blur the background, be smart??? Is their something wrong with where I fished? Is their something wrong with sharing fishing tips bcuz that would be a 1st?

You can private message me anytime if you have problem with me dude. No need to go list problems/issues here like it's Facebook.

No need to blast it? You're right, so more people can continue to fish in restricted navy waters. I work here man, I see the signs everyday I'm here, and I know u do too! Ever wonder why its such a good spot to fish, but every other boat keeps driving by. I guess maybe the other fishermen don't like catching fish I suppose.

Ever notice that people who pass u by stare at you with the "wow he's got guts" look on their face?

Now not for one second do I believe u didn't know, not one bit. But ill give u the courtesy and end this, with just advice. Don't do it, we know what your boat looks like now, and trespassing onto a military installation would be the final verdict. I almost want to appologize for being so strong worded in my previous replies, but my gut says I'm right. Either way tight lines to you bro, and hope to NOT see ya soon

troutsniffer
01-15-2014, 12:38 PM
He knows, his son is holding a picture of his spottie right next to a flashing sign that says NO FISHING, KAYAKING, OR JET SKIIS. hell everyone and their mother knows they can't fish our bay. Sort of like a slap in the face when he takes the liberty to put pictures up of it, basking in the glory of catching fish in an unauthorized area. Of course the fish are big and u catch tons, because no one can and no one is that dumb! I'm just going to take the impression that you've never been thru here...

I could show u fish pictures for days... Huge models! But I earned the right to fish in here, get what I'm saying? My crews mad because this is part of the reason we have to work weekend's now, along with the divers. So the couple of years that we have here before going back overseas, is now crap until further notice. All because people want to be a so called "ninja". Have a little respect, if not for us then for our families. I'm done

If you say so dude.

Like I said, I keep my distance and I'm not going to bother repeating myself again, believe what you want dude. No way I'd be risking fishing in a no
fishing zone. Why the heck would I risk a big fine for a few fish? You really think If knew this I'd be fishing there in broad day light and then posting
pictures in a public forum? I think not.....

btw my night pictures are no where near inside the harbors. just an fyi so I don't have to waste my time explaining spots again

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 12:48 PM
If you say so dude.

Like I said, I keep my distance and I'm not going to bother repeating myself again, believe what you want dude. No way I'd be risking fishing in a no
fishing zone. Why the heck would I risk a big fine for a few fish? You really think If knew this I'd be fishing there in broad day light and then posting
pictures in a public forum? I think not.....

btw my night pictures are no where near inside the harbors. just an fyi so I don't have to waste my time explaining spots again

Apparently you don't keep your distance, I'm lookin at your pics. No remorse, nothin, after what I just explained to you. Hope u don't have an American flag on any of your personal belongings, that would be hypocritical.

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm aware of that guy, like I said I work 5-14's u think I don't know what the lights look like out here. Literally, I just joined this forum this morning. It took me one glance to see where u were fishing. Spotties after the bridge, calicos to the right side of our jetties on the way out cuz its all kelp! I know this guy!!!!

troutsniffer
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Apparently you don't keep your distance, I'm lookin at your pics. No remorse, nothin, after what I just explained to you. Hope u don't have an American flag on any of your personal belongings, that would be hypocritical.

I'm done explaining to you and I thought you were done 2 replies ago! Your obviously having a bad day or whatever. It's a nice day
outside, Go fish or something dude.

I'm done wasting time w u

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 01:00 PM
You right bruh, u right! I wish I could say I was done wasting time on people like you at certain points. But I raised my right hand, and I put this uniform on every day... For PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Take it easy dog, I'm sure ill see ya soon

Nipple Twister
01-15-2014, 03:10 PM
You right bruh, u right! I wish I could say I was done wasting time on people like you at certain points. But I raised my right hand, and I put this uniform on every day... For PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Take it easy dog, I'm sure ill see ya soon

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

YOUR waters?????????? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaa

GhettoBasster
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if AB Anarchy is a troll.

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Cool man. I guess I see now why I waited to join this site. But yeah Mr.swat, our waters. The bay is owned by the navy, do a fly by right now and see if your able to even idle your boat while that destroyer is in port.

And troll? Give me a break braah, like I said talk and say what u want, but let me catch u with a wet line past pch bridge coming out of Huntington harbor and we can discuss trolling while u sit in handcuffs partner.

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 03:46 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

YOUR waters?????????? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaa

don't sound so ignorant sir, judging by your picture you're way to old to respond like a punk. I'm sure you're better than that brother

Double A
01-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Our waters ??? Owned by the Navy ???
And just who do think owns the Navy ???
Tax paying AMERICANS.
While I thank you for your service to OUR country,
I truly do...
The way your "coming off" in this post is rather troubling.
I hope this is not indicative of your true demeanor,
Nor the attitude of others serving & protecting OUR country.

Kevthecatfishstudent
01-15-2014, 04:18 PM
And we wonder why people don't post on this website anymore! What happened to fishing reports being helpful, fun, encouraging and communicable? And when did this become a conversation about American flags and the military! Stop with the bs. As a long time Devil dog and even longer time as a fisherman I have learned that they really have no place with one another. That being said I did watch a fishing show about military people being treated to some outstanding fishing on "Private" waters as a way of showing appreciation for their service. This kind of tie together works, but this pathetic bonding on this website is stupid. Although, ignorance is no excuse neither is using known knowledge in a way to make someone else look a certain way. Honor, courage, and commitment??? It seems that Honor is being falsely represented as someone seems to honor fighting with fisherman versus honoring his courage, willingness, and steadfastness to enlist. This is what it is truly about and what we appreciate you for not to hear you refer to "Our" bay as "Our" bay without including the locals that can either jack it up or help it produce and then mention when you leave for deployment. Consequently who will be here when you’re gone! I am almost embarrassed as a serviceman. Not that I don't understand the frustration of stupidity dictating my job (Working extra) and if signs are posted "No fishing" then there should be no god giving reason to fish there so don't get me wrong when I say what I say. However, have enough Courage to swallow your feelings and try to educate him before you bite his head off. He asked you several times about if it was wrong and you were too fired up to respond in an informative way.
Here is the bottom line to me, even if you are in the service or a cop or a judge, priest and so on, you still don't have the ability to control someone's actions when they are not in your presence but you can reprimand them if they break the laws or rules, still no consequences come from you. Trout sniffer, I am far from knowing anything about boundaries in OUR bays in waters but I do know that the Harbor Patrol (Sheriffs) will quickly remind you of off limit areas in NPH in fact I used to fish out there a lot in probably in those areas. Can someone that knows how not to flex themselves help link us to some info that might point out the off limit areas in a condensed presentable way?
P.S ABA I’ll ride with you all the way because that is my commitment to my follow servicemen and country so don’t think this is an attack but I am growing concerned about the reputation that people are giving us vets and military men and women.

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Our waters ??? Owned by the Navy ???
And just who do think owns the Navy ???
Tax paying AMERICANS.
While I thank you for your service to OUR country,
I truly do...
The way your "coming off" in this post is rather troubling.
I hope this is not indicative of your true demeanor,
Nor the attitude of others serving & protecting OUR country.

My attitude increased as the relaying comments went on. If you appreciate service, then you could appreciate how I was indeed upset on how we now have to work weekend's, because of fishing in our harbor. While this duty station was supposed to be our "down time" but has now been increased because people are breaking the law. So excuse me if I was a tad rude, I'm sure you value your fishing time, or even time with your family, and would be extremely upset if I went into your workplace and caused you to work overtime.

And just to be correct, not a smart alek by any means, but tax payers do not own the military. I don't know where you got that notion? If Anaheim bay belonged to tax payers, u would indeed be able to fish it and its entierities. But you can't, because... It doesn't belong to tax payers.

But like I said, oh well I appologize if I came off strong due to my recent increase in work. If people choose to support those who break the law, then that is your choice entirely. I work for freedom mind you so I know how it could be. If him among others of course didn't result in us being forced overtime, in which we don't get increased pay uncle Sam pays us the same straight across the board, then I would have no problem with anyone fishing in here. There's great fishing and people know it, and most times follow the rules, but as of late that isn't the case. His calico post just so happened to be the first post I viewed. So me and fnn.com got off on the wrong foot. Wish everyone happy LEGAL fishing.

Kevthecatfishstudent
01-15-2014, 04:32 PM
BTW where do we find the consequnces or penalties for trepassing in local waters patroled by the navy in the UCMJ? and is that a brigg visit? After handcuffs, what are the true ramifications of violating this law? Maybe if you share that it might discourage the thrill seekers because handcuffs scare very little people but isolation does. And let me get this straight, servicemen can fish there but civilians can't? or those vets too? Army, navy, marine corp, airforce?...Need more info

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 04:40 PM
And we wonder why people don't post on this website anymore! What happened to fishing reports being helpful, fun, encouraging and communicable? And when did this become a conversation about American flags and the military! Stop with the bs. As a long time Devil dog and even longer time as a fisherman I have learned that they really have no place with one another. That being said I did watch a fishing show about military people being treated to some outstanding fishing on "Private" waters as a way of showing appreciation for their service. This kind of tie together works, but this pathetic bonding on this website is stupid. Although, ignorance is no excuse neither is using known knowledge in a way to make someone else look a certain way. Honor, courage, and commitment??? It seems that Honor is being falsely represented as someone seems to honor fighting with fisherman versus honoring his courage, willingness, and steadfastness to enlist. This is what it is truly about and what we appreciate you for not to hear you refer to "Our" bay as "Our" bay without including the locals that can either jack it up or help it produce and then mention when you leave for deployment. Consequently who will be here when you’re gone! I am almost embarrassed as a serviceman. Not that I don't understand the frustration of stupidity dictating my job (Working extra) and if signs are posted "No fishing" then there should be no god giving reason to fish there so don't get me wrong when I say what I say. However, have enough Courage to swallow your feelings and try to educate him before you bite his head off. He asked you several times about if it was wrong and you were too fired up to respond in an informative way.
Here is the bottom line to me, even if you are in the service or a cop or a judge, priest and so on, you still don't have the ability to control someone's actions when they are not in your presence but you can reprimand them if they break the laws or rules, still no consequences come from you. Trout sniffer, I am far from knowing anything about boundaries in OUR bays in waters but I do know that the Harbor Patrol (Sheriffs) will quickly remind you of off limit areas in NPH in fact I used to fish out there a lot in probably in those areas. Can someone that knows how not to flex themselves help link us to some info that might point out the off limit areas in a condensed presentable way?
P.S ABA I’ll ride with you all the way because that is my commitment to my follow servicemen and country so don’t think this is an attack but I am growing concerned about the reputation that people are giving us vets and military men and women.

To be honest with you brother, half of the things I barked back with this morning were out of pure shock of the guys response. Everyone that comes thru Huntington harbor knows, that as soon as you cross under pch bridge, you enter Anaheim bay, which is controlled by the navy. There is a huge digital sign right by where he took a few pics that state's "no fishing, idling, jet skiis or kayaks". So I found it hard to believe he, or anyone else didn't see it. I'm quite familiar with the entire "ninja fishing" title a lot of people like to claim as I'm sure you are. Please excuse me if I was disgruntled about the time I've lost and will lose for leisure because people don't like rules. But all in all, its human nature to disobey, he isn't the first and he isn't the last, and the only way it'll stop is to continue to apprehend folks that don't follow rules. I should have personal messaged the guy, that is my down fall as a man. But ANY OTHER FISHING SITE, I guarantee there would have been plenty telling him how crazy the idea was. Oh well, argument is over, I should have never started it, I would eventually run into him in person. Which actually if you critique the situation, I did him a favor. I'm pretty positive my fnn time will come to an end shortly anyhow. Thanks for your service as well brother, be easy

AnaheimBayAnarchy
01-15-2014, 04:50 PM
BTW where do we find the consequnces or penalties for trepassing in local waters patroled by the navy in the UCMJ? and is that a brigg visit? After handcuffs, what are the true ramifications of violating this law? Maybe if you share that it might discourage the thrill seekers because handcuffs scare very little people but isolation does. And let me get this straight, servicemen can fish there but civilians can't? or those vets too? Army, navy, marine corp, airforce?...Need more info

If you, anyone in general, posess a valid military I.d, whether it be a cac card or a retired I.d, you can gain access to the wharf to fish. Plain and simple. Now, regular steady traffic is allotted thru because that is the only exit from Huntington harbor. But its strictly incoming and outgoing traffic. Signs are everywhere.

Be advised, we are a weapons station. The only one for the entire west Pac of the navy. Destroyers and amphibs dock here for days to replenish. "Things" are transferred on and off ships here. Its all apart of security. As I stated, if he could fish, along with others, and it not affect me or my department, then it would be all gravy train brother. I indeed tried to get my point across wrong, and indeed let my emotions get the best of me. I'm human :Embarrassed:

Kevthecatfishstudent
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
My first few replies on this website were ambushed bad dawg and I was only trying to help! It was jacked up because I have always been a in your face straight shooter and never hide an issue but yet people responded in away a didn't like. I wanted to leave FNN until I got involved with Dana (Team 57)'s events and got to meet some really cool folks. Once i met them we were able to talk without beef and share stories in tips. I say that to say, in your leisure time (Although cut short) get on here to feed your fishing craving, if there is a gathering go out, use the website for what it is don't cut your time short there might be something useful here. I rarely post anymore because I am a fisherman not a politician nor lawyer and there is a lot of that nonsense on here lately. I hear people talk of "Lurkers" I wonder how many of those people are former active posters who are really fisherman and the site is pushing those people away.
I take that back about fishing in Anahiem bay cauae I have never been that far down so I spoke out of turn.

Kevthecatfishstudent
01-15-2014, 04:57 PM
If you, anyone in general, posess a valid military I.d, whether it be a cac card or a retired I.d, you can gain access to the wharf to fish. Plain and simple. Now, regular steady traffic is allotted thru because that is the only exit from Huntington harbor. But its strictly incoming and outgoing traffic. Signs are everywhere.

Be advised, we are a weapons station. The only one for the entire west Pac of the navy. Destroyers and amphibs dock here for days to replenish. "Things" are transferred on and off ships here. Its all apart of security. As I stated, if he could fish, along with others, and it not affect me or my department, then it would be all gravy train brother. I indeed tried to get my point across wrong, and indeed let my emotions get the best of me. I'm human :Embarrassed:

Thanks for that info sir and appreciate you being able to know your humanistic deficits if we all did and could admit it, we could be better off. I'm still ion training! lol

murrieta angler
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Young Man,
Do not berate someone on a message forum, if he was indeed fishing in a non restricted area, than pull him over and do your job.
Oh, when I was serving in the military, I signed up to be a soldier 24 hours a day, not 9-5, Monday thru Friday...:Rolls Eyes:

To the original poster,
I hope you did not kill the sheepshead, they are out of season.

Robert
<><