PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Gulp and nightcrawlers??

DJM86
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I've fished many years with alll sorts of bait, lures, and flies but never have tried this combo. I keep on hearing that the Berkley Gulp balls and nightcrawlers are hitting really well. How is this rig set up? Do you throw on a Gulp ball and then thread a nightcrawler on. Is a bubble used or should you inflate the nightcrawler? Just wondering cause I'm heading up this weekend.

Thanks,
Darren

tpfishnfool
09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Try both methods. I have done well with the gulp eggs and a berkley power worm combo.. Deadly :twisted: Dont forget a little sent, berkey stuff or krill. Good luck and save some for me, Ill be up there this week to.

PINKMEAT
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
You had it right DJM...but here is a couple things to add...

1. Lightline..if you can track it down, line at least one pole w/ "Flourocarbon"
its expensive but worth it!!!!
2. GULP,GULP and GULP...eggs,worms, bait....it all works!!!!
3. If you have time, go to RAINBOW MEALWORMS in Compton off the 91 Fwy (per "Fear No Trout"...thx FNT), great bang for your buck on worms.
4. Dont forget to take more than enough "Thomas Bouyants"....personally the hottest lures for me in the sierras. RED and/or BLUE

Lastly, you had it right with the worm/gulp combo. Single hook(smaller the better), thread the gulp egg then thread the worm inflating the worm at the end to mimic a leech. Works everywhere at all times of the day.

Other than that have a great time!!!!

PINKMEAT

I will be posting some pics from labor day stat tuned!!!!

DJM86
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey thanks for the great advice guys. I can't wait to get up there. I'll post my report when I get back. I think I am going to hit up either Gull or Grant the first day with a boat rental and maybe get alittle Rush Creek action in. The second day is open. I'm camping in Rockcreek.

Thanks again!

Troutman65
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
You can never go wrong with useing the nightcrawlers.

I plan on trying alot of the new gulp bait products this trout season. The ulp eggs I have tried and work great with a combo. I have never tried one by itself to catch a trout. I jst might give that a try also.

Good luk fishing. look forward to your report.

Troutman65

retired96
09-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Having made 10 trips this season, the Upper Owens river is without a doubt the best fishing in all of the Eastern Sierras, but be advised the section from Benton Crossing down to the monument is closed as of 9/30. From the monument down to the lake is barbless flies and lures with a size restriction.

Skyler
09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
I have caught some really nice trout using a floating Nitro amino egg with a mealworm attached. Sometimes I even slay them alongside powerbait anglers who aren't catching anything. I've tryied it with crawlers, but they are harder to float. Even when you inflate 'em, they still sink after awhile.

Sue
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I was up in Bishop this weekend, and the 'crawlers weren't hitting it. I ended up using Chunky Cheese PB dipped in corn snot.