PDA

View Full Version : Lnl

ALPER
12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Has anyone fished LNL lately was thinking of going this weekend.

etucker1959
12-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Has anyone fished LNL lately was thinking of going this weekend.

Go, good fishing to be had!!!!!!!!!!

allanon
12-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes, fishing has been very good.
PM me if you want details.

I always call on Wed to see if they stocked, but I'm pretty sure they will this week, so that might not be necessary.
(old habits from last season).

Marley
12-10-2013, 10:41 PM
It's been a while since I fished there, the place just declined too much. Is there a new management team or concession owner?

allanon
12-11-2013, 08:46 AM
The LNL concession is run by Rick and Darren. I'm not sure how long ago you are referring to so can't speak to if that is different from when you fished.

After a tough trout season last year, I am very very pleased with how LNL is fishing right now, and expect as long as they continue stocking every Wed as they promise, the bite will continue to be good.

Marley
12-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I can't remember fishing there more than once last season, a few times the year before that. "..stocking...as they promise..." is the problem. I do not like fishing the day of a plant so I rely on the planting schedule to know when NOT to fish. But the nature of the urban trout beast is that you have to have plants in order to have fish and when those plants don't come at all, for whatever reason, there won't be any fish to catch.
There were obvious issues there several years ago and while I (and a lot of other guys) would like to return to the olden days of Utah "hookjaws", that's just not going to happen. It's still a beautiful park and an awesome lake. Hopefully there will be fish to catch again.

vanillagurilla
12-12-2013, 11:43 PM
My problem is with the net nazis not the fish. Your allowed to keep 5 fish and they see it as your only allowed to catch 5. I "lose" a lot of fish there.. Lol

Marley
12-14-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't mind the strict 5-fish limit. Is that still from shore only, or have they also included boaters and tubers? If you know what you're doing and actually do it, there's nothing wrong with C&R almost any trout anywhere, exception being distressed fish. The problem is with the yahoos who think they can gut-hook a fish on bait, drag it through the sand and toss it back after digging out the hook. I totally get it why Rick, Craig Elliott and others frown on C&R altogether.

pescadito
12-14-2013, 10:22 PM
They are pretty lenient with the boaters and tubers.

I agree that it's a lot harder to revive a trout from shore than it is from a tube or boat. But there will always be the smart guy who knows what he is doing and squeezes the fish into submission with a towel on the bottom of a boat and then release it. If I see that on the water I have no reason to hesitate reporting it. Learning to properly release a fish isn't that hard, and most fish will swim away strong if you take the time to revive them properly. Think about yourself running a marathon and then someone putting a plastic bag over your head. We're doing the same thing to the fish. I don't pull the fish out of the water when I release, and the use of a rubber net is key as we'll to reduce the trauma to the fish you are trying to release. I spent $80 on my net, but I think watching a trout swim away strong is worth every penny.

titos334
12-14-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm sort of conflicted with C&R at LNL. On one hand I love the fact I can C&R and fish all day catching fish without having to keep any and if they didn't want it, it would be banned. On the other hand a lot of released trout still die and that can hurt the lakes overall value.

allanon
12-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Just fished LNL today. Very very good bite.
Probably top 2 of all the times I have fished there for activity (over 35 times now including last two seasons and this one).

It's expensive but it's worth it!

Marley
12-15-2013, 04:55 PM
So what's the skinny? What's working, what kind of conditions to look for (shallow, deep, color edge, etc.) Is there still an awesome late-afternoon bite there? Lots of different conditions at LNL.

vanillagurilla
12-15-2013, 05:03 PM
I can see having to keep the fish if you bait fishing but I use jugs and worms exclusively and should be able to c&r all I want.

Surfnsnowboard3
12-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I can see having to keep the fish if you bait fishing but I use jugs and worms exclusively and should be able to c&r all I want.

I think you are confused. LNL's website under rules clearly says "‘CATCH & RELEASE’ IS PERMITTED USING ARTIFICIAL LURES AND JIGS WITH ‘BARBLESS’ HOOKS ONLY."

Surfnsnowboard3
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Good job. Your report is changing my fishing tomorrow from DVL to LNL. I'll post a report up after.