PDA

View Full Version : Tips of fishing

dany
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I finally succeed log in to this forum since my first account seems to be in trouble. I am dany. Few days ago I am going to beach of southern California. During visit heighly enjoy fishing in California beach. I have used the different tips and tried I used these tips I caught the many fishes. I would like tell the tips for fishing.
Peak months for some favorite species in Central California
Peak Months October-June April-September May-August April-August February-August
Species Surf perch Striped Bass California Halibut Jack smelt Night/Surf Smelt
Casting tips
1 When your are beach fishing, cast to the edges of sand bars and drop-offs and be on the lookout for fishes “highways” of channels with transiting fish in search of food
2 If you are surf perch fishing, try casting near sand crab beds.
3. If you are striped bass or halibut fishing, look for signs bait fish such as feeding birds and marine mammals, and cast into these areas.
Forum List (http://forumlist.info/)

The Rookie
12-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Dany,

Thank you for the tips. I am going camping above Santa Cruz in April and I want to spend a day surf fishing from rocks or the beach. I was planning to try a 3 way swivel with some cut squid or clams or mussels. What kind of set up do you use? If anyone has another suggestion I like to hear it too.

Thank you.