PDA

View Full Version : Quick Morning Rain and Slay

fishinone
12-08-2013, 11:49 AM
I had planned to help out at the Lower Lake with the Lighted Boat Parade but it was cancelled due to the weather.

I went out for a morning of solo bait n wait. I was the second boat in line even though I got there kind of late.

I went straight to the fleet anchorage and set up with no fish on the finder in last weeks spot but before I could get a bait out, there were fish under the boat.

They stole my first three or four baits. I was batting 0% but at least there were fish down there. I could actually see them, they were swimming right up to the bait 5 feet deep i could see them through the rain rings. They weren't hitting it until it got a little deeper.

I tried some smaller pieces of bait and got the next 2 fish, one was 12" long and the other was just big enough to throw in the fish hold. The next fish hit a half inch tail steak 15 ft deep, but it was my big fish for the day at maybe 3 pounds.

I had only been there 10 minutes and it looked like it was going to be a good day, so I started throwing back any that I even questioned the size of.

By the time the other boats arrived, I had 8 fish in the live well and was throwing back fish after fish. They were hitting every piece of the bait that I put on. I was trying to get my bait to the bottom to target bigger fish but the bait usually didn't make it to bottom. While it was sinking down I would notice the line peeling and set the hook on fish that were moving fast under the boat toward shore.

It was pretty cold out. I could tell because my bait was freezing to the cutting board. The air was cold but the fish were warm. Removing the hooks from the fish was actually warming my hands up.

I fished until about 11:30 and released lots and lots of fish. What a blast!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%20Bait%20n%20Wait%2012-7-2013/20131207_124035_zpsbf38fcb2.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/Castaic%20Bait%20n%20Wait%2012-7-2013/20131207_124035_zpsbf38fcb2.jpg.html)
Here's the days catch.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-08-2013, 01:02 PM
great job out there it looks like you had fun :) nice sizes too

Stumpknocker
12-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Good going...a morning well spent...I guess the cold isn't slowing them down yet.

CAPT'N
12-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Nice job
Thought you were fishing Saturday

koifish
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM
nice job Ron. you just keep slaying them.

fishinone
12-09-2013, 11:05 AM
great job out there it looks like you had fun :) nice sizes too

Thank you. It was fun!

Good going...a morning well spent...I guess the cold isn't slowing them down yet.

I don't expect them to slow down until February plus or minus.

Nice job
Thought you were fishing Saturday

It was Saturday. I guess I wasn't clear in my description.

nice job Ron. you just keep slaying them.

Thanks koifish. I've been fortunate lately.

lowe
12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Nice seeing out there Ron I was about 80 yards from you, you where knocking them dead, I ended up with my limit you probally don't remember me but I'm the guy in the silver lund ..lo

fishinone
12-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Nice seeing out there Ron I was about 80 yards from you, you where knocking them dead, I ended up with my limit you probally don't remember me but I'm the guy in the silver lund ..lo

Hi lowe,

Nice job on the limit.

I guess you right, there were lots of boats closer than 80 yards. Stop and say hi next time so that I have a face to put with your name.

Some of those guys seem to think that those fish are in one tiny spot. I'm anchoring in that spot because it's easy to anchor there.

Did you see those boys sneak up behind me to see what I was doing? I'm glad they were nice kids because gang bangers would have made that unpleasant. I thought about stepping over into their boat just to mess with them.

fishincrave
12-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Nice going Ron i keep reading your reports and gets me going .
I haven't had much time to go out to castaic lately .
Man i need to get out on the water ...

Sean

fishinone
12-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Nice going Ron i keep reading your reports and gets me going .
I haven't had much time to go out to castaic lately .
Man i need to get out on the water ...

Sean

Hi Sean,

Do you still fish? LOL Where have you been?

Are you coming to StriperBowl tomorrow?