PDA

View Full Version : which one would you buy

fishrookie
09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
if you could get the fish cat or the caddis navigator for the same low price which one would take?

matt duarte
09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
the fishcat for sure! the overall design is better and tracks better in the water. you side higher and stay dryer on the fishcat, it has space for a small cooler and has d-rings for backpack straps...

so I say te fishcat or get a toon you know you want a toon! :lol:

Ghost
09-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Hands down the Fish Cat 4.....BUT....go w/ a pontoon boat, but easier to use than a float tube. You are higher off the water & you can use the oars &/or fins. And later on you can also add a trolling motor.

The one I have, the Outcast Fish Cat Streamer XL IR is the least expensive pontoon boat. But I can cover more water w/ it than I was able to on an Outcast Fat Cat.

fishrookie
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks for the info.
i am trying to get the fish cat 4, but the guy i know who selling it is hard to get a hold of

fishrookie
09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
so I'm gonna pick up the fishcat 4.
it's used but i was told it was used a couple of times and is like brand new.
is there anything i should look for since this is gonna be my first tube.

does anybody have one? what do you like about them ?
any info will be much appreciated

also the caddis navigator II is on sale at big 5

http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.com/ ... number%3d3 (http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.com/big5/default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2503918&rapid=453967&pagenumber=3&listingid=-2092727962&pretailerid=-98565&ref=%2fbig5%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepagesi ngle%26storeid%3d2503918%26rapid%3d453967%26pagenu mber%3d3)

Socal Bassman
09-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I love my FC4. The pockets are huge, there's that space in the back that could hold a small cooler, it's fast and tracks better (even going against the wind) due to it's V shaped design. I don't know about the Navigator II, but you sit high enough above the water in the fish cat 4.

FishSum
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I had a FishCat 4 deluxe up until recently.....It blew up on me after coming home from Jenks :cry: Outcast didnt want to help me out even though it was only 3 yars old (with a 5 year warranty)....I liked it okay but not everyone likes how high you sit and I always felt a little akward sittin in it. I just purchased the Navigator II yesterday (Big5 sale $99) and will be trying it out this coming week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sea Murda
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Fishrookie - I have a Nav II & a Fish Cat 4, and I like them both. But there are a couple things that I dont care for about the fish cat. One, there is no room on the sides of the tube to strap anything to. Two, my legs dont feel as free as they do on the Nav II, I feel kinda squished in.
As far as the Nav II goes, I have no complaints about it. I've been having bladder problems, but that was from over inflating (my fault :evil: ). Other then that, the Nav is the sh*t...........and $99 is a good deal :D

fishrookie
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks for all the info guys

tacklejunkie
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
I liked my fish cat 4 better than my Caddis Nevada. Felt squished in on the nevada tube. Much more room to move around freely on the FC4. It was also faster and held more stuff. I had the cooler on my FC4 and it worked out great for bait and wait striper and cats at Silverwood. Use some small velcro straps to mount rods to the D-rings for easy carrying. Also, sitting higher out of the water is faster and dryer, two big pluses.