PDA

View Full Version : big bear in end of Dec.?

jrockn
12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Going to big bear 27th,28th, and 29th of december in a cabin by the lake. Not sure if there will be snow but I want to trout fish. What do u all think? Anyone ever fish this time of year? Thks all
For ur input

DockRat
12-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Depends on ICE. If no ice then go for it. If there is ice near shore then STAY OFF THE ICE. Looks like you should be ok.
DR

etaggart
12-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Expect cold and possibly snow on the shoreline and maybe a little bit of ice in the water. I'd assume the best best will be to setup on the north side of the dam area. Slip bobbers w/ powerbait working at different depths may be your best bet. Last winter we picked up some beautiful red-meats that were incredibly tasty - all during a pretty mean snow storm but since the trout were biting, we put up with it!

Cheers

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-05-2013, 05:00 PM
nightcrawlers dippd in garlic bite on, boom. if that dont work use bobber like ^ he said ( salmon eggs ) as well my friend

FSHNLIC
12-06-2013, 04:23 PM
If not frozen the East End is the place to be.. it can be real good

Troutin Man
12-06-2013, 11:17 PM
The water temp at BBL is in the 40s. Trout are probably on the bite. I'd try a 4 foot leader with some powerbait, gulp, nightcrawlers, and some sppons. They are probably biting all over since the fishing pressure is virtually gone.

seal
12-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Big Bear air temp has been under or near 32 for several days and lows have been in the teens or less. This is going to continue for a few more days. There will be ice before this is over. Whether it stays or recedes depends on future temps.