PDA

View Full Version : Cerritos park 11-29

twin22s
12-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I had a free afternoon so i desided to see if the trout were biting in the rain. I usually do pretty good when its drizzling... usually...
fished from around 2 to sunset, no trout. tried a swimbait, caught a cormorant. Either all the trout had been caught but man and bird, or i'm losing my touch.
will try again somewhere when i can. money is tight and most of my usual places have been slow. I did see one trout caught on PB. and alot of guys throwing big swimbaits.

seems with the city park trout plants you need to be there the day after for there to be any left. i think the birds eat more than get caught.

chye
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
2013 is not like the 90's.. a stocking will last a week. Now a days only 1 or 2 days max. Back in the days a there was no internet and maybe just 1 or 2 cormorants.. now a days there's like 20 cormorants and 20 saltwater pelicans that has evolved into freshwater pelicans!! On top of that there is internet and cellphones which also add 2-3x more fishing pressure.. but ultimately I think the birds are the biggest problem and the fishing is getting worst year by year! Just my thoughts...

reelgurlzfish
12-04-2013, 05:48 AM
you dont need to chase the trucks to catch. i used to think the same thing especially with cormorant pelicans and poachers. ive been doing good 5 days after a stock. you just have to be the fish. channel them. find them :)

etucker1959
12-04-2013, 09:31 AM
you dont need to chase the trucks to catch. i used to think the same thing especially with cormorant pelicans and poachers. ive been doing good 5 days after a stock. you just have to be the fish. channel them. find them :)

I found the same thing too, in one of my local ponds!!!!!!!!

twin22s
12-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Good to know the fish are still lasting more than a few days, seems I better get more practice in. I did notice there are more birds than recent years. i think i'll head up to silverwood next time.