PDA

View Full Version : lake skinner thanksgiving

panfishman
12-01-2013, 02:09 PM
The bite is on at skinner

TroutOnly
12-01-2013, 04:54 PM
When you use sabikis to snag or get bite by shad its illegal,,,,,,,,,,,,dip nets only ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that was going on down there last year until the dfg showed up and started busting people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
12-01-2013, 04:59 PM
The bite has been on fire at skinner with boils in the morning around the eastend coves with fish in the 5 to 8lb range. I been fishing skinner hard for the last three months now average fish between 5-9lbs on most of my big fish are on white big hammer swimbaits with a red 3/8oz big hammer head. I prefer to get them on the lc pointer its an pricy lure but it does the trick. We started off the morning in the sec cove where I knew the big boys where hanging saw broken up boils but didnt wanna chase them since im in a rental boat im just going to scare the fish anyways lol. Me and my bro made our first cast and boom double hook up to some toads fish probably 6 to 7lb easy. Afterwards the bite died dont so we went to make some bait. Making bait(using sabiki rigs to catch them) after 5 mins or so we went back to the cove we caught our toads from and ended with a limit of fish by 9am we was off the water and at home for some turkey and football games. This is the end of the shad bite fellas due to water getting colder the shad are really moving deeper. Please when you see someone on boils or making bait be considerate to not run over where they are fishing its just fishing ediqquete I dont have a private boat im in a rental that i am paying an arm and a leg for and having guys come into a cove running right over the boils or knowing im making bait and just roll in fast with big motors i dont mind sharing but damn its getting kinda old well heres some average pictures of fish we caught enjoy and get out there. The size sabiki you need is a size 3 hook made by hayabusa hot shot hooks they only want the red beads
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/JohnnyUnn/1469895_616534168407125_531254569_n_zpsf03f9998.jp g
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/JohnnyUnn/1466089_616534141740461_494301769_n_zpsbd558a64.jp g
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/JohnnyUnn/1472100_616533988407143_1983026591_n_zps5867779c.j pg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/JohnnyUnn/529149_616534188407123_1605700297_n_zps0619945d.jp g
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/JohnnyUnn/1425757_616534221740453_891685925_n_zpsd31e7154.jp g

Heads up, Making bait with sabiki is illegal.

Your trying to share and coming off real cool, but research it by all means don't take our word for it.

Love the striper pics! Skinner looks hot

P.A.W.
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
+1 Man, so many guys out there poaching on illegal bait. from 2 to 5 people per boat and 15 boats..... man there's some DFG revenue right there.
Heads up, Making bait with sabiki is illegal.

Your trying to share and coming off real cool, but research it by all means don't take our word for it.

Love the striper pics! Skinner looks hot

P.A.W.
12-01-2013, 05:38 PM
You know, the more I thought about it the more I realized how flagrant it has become soooooo I just called the DFG tip line and they will most likely be there this next weekend to end it.

TroutOnly
12-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Thats good pat i copied the post and pics and sent an email to the dfg tip line ,ive had it with the poachers,,the fish are biting great theres no need to do that stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,

panfishman
12-01-2013, 06:02 PM
i just called my buddie warden chang who patrols the water of diamond valley perris and skinner he said as long as its three hooks jigging in the water and the shad is catch in the mouth i can use the bait if its snagged the bait must be released i know about the net situation and i dont poach im a well respected panfishermen anyways thought i share the bite with you fellas

cutbait
12-01-2013, 06:05 PM
i just called my buddie warden chang who patrols the water of diamond valley perris and skinner he said as long as its three hooks jigging in the water and the shad is catch in the mouth i can use the bait if its snagged the bait must be released i know about the net situation and i dont poach im a well respected panfishermen anyways thought i share the bite with you fellas

Well respected panfisherman eh?

panfishman
12-01-2013, 06:09 PM
all i do is panfishing if u guy say no sabiki and its illegal i will take ur advice im not on this site to be tripping over a little thing like this i dont get worked up over some little stuff ill take ur advice and be on my way thanks for the heads up

TroutOnly
12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
4.05. Bait Fish Capture Methods.
(a) Approved bait fish may be taken only by hand, with a dip net, or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension.
Such bait fish may not be purchased, bartered, sold, transferred or traded; or transported alive from the location where
taken.
Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended. Dip net
use: A dip net must be hand held, and the motion of a dip net shall be caused only by the physical effort of the operator.
A dip net may not be moved through the water by any mechanical force or motorized device.
(b) Within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south, approved
bait fish may be taken only with dip nets with diagonal mesh size one inch and greater, or by traps in water greater than
four feet in depth. Traps may not exceed three feet in greatest dimension. Approved bait fish may not be taken by hand
within this area.
4.10. Bait Fish Use in the Southern District.
Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:
(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
(b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
(c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

TroutOnly
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
What im trying to figure out is why did you delete youre report,,,,,,and i wonder what you have been doing as you say in youre report you have been fishing the lake hard for the last 3 months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
all i do is panfishing if u guy say no sabiki and its illegal i will take ur advice im not on this site to be tripping over a little thing like this i dont get worked up over some little stuff ill take ur advice and be on my way thanks for the heads up

Like I said, you sound cool and low key. Just wanted to clue you in, that's all.

panfishman
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
i deleted it cause it didnt want this sabiki issue to get big on here I dont need this sabiki issue to get super crazy everyone put there two cents in sorry for the misunderstanding lets get back to fishing thanks for the info

panfishman
12-01-2013, 08:12 PM
bob i fish skinner all the time im a local at the lake know the rules and regulations sorry if i deleted the post I have seen dumb stuff get blown of proportion on this website that is why i deleted the post. I been fishing it hard for 3 months on swimbaits and boils thats how i like to fish for my stripers anyways. As for the live bait thanks again for the info i will let my fellow anglers know thanks again

TroutOnly
12-02-2013, 06:12 PM
i was just letting you know ,cause if the dfg rolls up on for anything if youre doing something wrong they usally write the ticket first then talk about it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sumodnb
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Hahahahahahaha, if you guys could go to his house and arrest him yourselves you would all get huge boners lol!! The neighborhood watch is lookin for a few good men.

NFCD I
12-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Hahahahahahaha, if you guys could go to his house and arrest him yourselves you would all get huge boners lol!! The neighborhood watch is lookin for a few good men.

Another poacher heard from.

goodguy
12-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Sounds like the guy was not up on his DFG regs... Which is common as they do not require you even take a glance at them before issuing a license. Lack of knowledge is the biggest issue I think with poaching. Some people just don't know or take the time to find out. Doesn't sound like he knew he was even breaking the law. This is what these boards are for... Informing fellow fisherman. Nice work informing him, now he can move along and fish legally!

addict
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
In reading the rules of making bait it says you may not buy sell barter or trade legally ,but isn't that what guides do when they catch live thread fin and charge customers to catch fish with them is it still legal ? Or is there a special allowance for having a guide licence.. Serious question .

P.A.W.
12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd think not. Having gone out with TO his price is the same whether you bring your own rig, use his or any other. Now, if he were to charge you extra for the "special bait" while providing you with shad then there might be a case.

magnus927
12-04-2013, 08:30 AM
You can use the sabiki jigs as long as it doesn't exceed 3 hooks and the fish is caught in the mouth and snagged fish has to be let go. Also you can use a minnow trap as long as you don't exceed 3 ft. This is the information i got from calling DFG.

etucker1959
12-04-2013, 09:20 AM
You can use the sabiki jigs as long as it doesn't exceed 3 hooks and the fish is caught in the mouth and snagged fish has to be let go. Also you can use a minnow trap as long as you don't exceed 3 ft. This is the information i got from calling DFG.

Interesting????????????????

TroutOnly
12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
i just copied this from the the calif dfg rules for 2013-14,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who ever is telling you that other stuff doesnt seem to know the written law in the dfg state rules.............

4.05. BAIT FISH CAPTURE METHODS.
(a) Approved bait fish may be taken only by hand, with a dip net, or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension. Such bait fish may not be purchased, bartered, sold, transferred or traded; or transported alive from the location where taken. Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended. Dip net use: A dip net must be hand held, and the motion of a dip net shall be caused only by the physical effort of the operator. A dip net may not be moved through the water by any mechanical force or motorized device.
(b) Within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south, approved bait fish may be taken only with dip nets with diagonal mesh size one inch and greater, or by traps in water greater than four feet in depth. Traps may not exceed three feet in greatest dimension. Approved bait fish may not be taken by hand within this area.

seal
12-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I hear, I talked to but if you just READ the regs. it is pretty clear. Which is funny because at times reading regs. is not that clear but on this subject it's pretty damn clear!

But how many times has this one come up? Basically it's a monkey see monkey do deal. No offense to monkey's.

addict
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd think not. Having gone out with TO his price is the same whether you bring your own rig, use his or any other. Now, if he were to charge you extra for the "special bait" while providing you with shad then there might be a case.

That still doesn't answer question .i wasn't questioning other methods or if he raises the price , question is . Is it legal to use thread fin on a guide trip because in reading the rules it seams that it would not be legal because the collection of money . Not looking for opinion just facts ... Anybody know?

etucker1959
12-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I hear, I talked to but if you just READ the regs. it is pretty clear. Which is funny because at times reading regs. is not that clear but on this subject it's pretty damn clear!

But how many times has this one come up? Basically it's a monkey see monkey do deal. No offense to monkey's.

Hey Seal, let me tell you one of my funny stories about the DFG and written regs. A few years back I started fishing one of the County Regional Park Lakes that was stocked by the DFG. I was fishing for Trout and Catfish using two different poles, when a local showed up and told me this lake was a 1 pole lake only. I thought, "How could this be true!!!!!!!!!" I have a second rod stamp and these were DFG fish in a County Lake. The fisherman said, "IT DOESN'T MATTER" and the Rangers will warn you once and if they catch you twice they could write you a ticket. Me being who I am didn't take that laying down. So I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to plead my case. The nice lady at the DFG office got right on the phone to Sacramento to get clarification on this matter. She came back and told me, "LOCAL JURISDICTION TAKES PRECEDENT OVER DFG REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN BODIES OF WATER." I have no idea what's going on at Lake Skinner, but there could be an exception!!!!!

goodguy
12-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Hey Seal, let me tell you one of my funny stories about the DFG and written regs. A few years back I started fishing one of the County Regional Park Lakes that was stocked by the DFG. I was fishing for Trout and Catfish using two different poles, when a local showed up and told me this lake was a 1 pole lake only. I thought, "How could this be!!!!!!!!!" I have a second rod stamp and these were DFG fish in a County Lake. The fisherman said, "IT DOESN'T MATTER" and the Rangers will warn you once and if they catch you twice they could write you a ticket. Me being who I am didn't take that lying down. So I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to plead my case. The nice lady at the DFG office got right on the phone to Sacramento to get clarification on this matter. She came back and told me, "LOCAL JURISDICTION TAKES PRECEDENT OVER DFG REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN BODIES OF WATER." I have no idea what's going on at Lake Skinner, but there could be an exception!!!!!

This is 100% true!

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-04-2013, 08:39 PM
dude you guys are so lame, mind your own..... nothing against panfishman, you guys are old as **** and you guys are still in competition for catching fish. i feel sorry for you guys.

good catching panfishman!

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Trout only I and my friends were going to use you as a fishing guide, but now that I see how you are im sorry to say we are going to take our $$$ elsewhere.

cutbait
12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
dude you guys are so lame, mind your own..... nothing against panfishman, you guys are old as **** and you guys are still in competition for catching fish. i feel sorry for you guys.

good catching panfishman!
Oh the irony?

Crying bout minding your own?

Its a bitter pill isn't it

seal
12-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey Seal, let me tell you one of my funny stories about the DFG and written regs. A few years back I started fishing one of the County Regional Park Lakes that was stocked by the DFG. I was fishing for Trout and Catfish using two different poles, when a local showed up and told me this lake was a 1 pole lake only. I thought, "How could this be true!!!!!!!!!" I have a second rod stamp and these were DFG fish in a County Lake. The fisherman said, "IT DOESN'T MATTER" and the Rangers will warn you once and if they catch you twice they could write you a ticket. Me being who I am didn't take that laying down. So I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to plead my case. The nice lady at the DFG office got right on the phone to Sacramento to get clarification on this matter. She came back and told me, "LOCAL JURISDICTION TAKES PRECEDENT OVER DFG REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN BODIES OF WATER." I have no idea what's going on at Lake Skinner, but there could be an exception!!!!!

Now look what you've done! Now DFG regs. mean nothing. Trouble maker, lol.

PS - What I think the DFG individual did not mention is that ADDING rules is ok but subtraction of rules I don't think is gonna fly, unless maybe waters are completely private with no fish plants or tributaries.

sumodnb
12-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Another poacher heard from.

Lol...poacher? If C&R LMB fishing at a private lake is poaching then guilty as charged dumbshit. I'm just amused at how vigilant senior citizens can be about something somebody posts about on a freakin messageboard. What are they going to do when somebody tells them about Facebook....or Instagram..... or heaven forbid VINE?!!!!! Are their heads going to explode?? They should go back to standing in front of Hot Topic shaking their fingers at those goddamn bratty kids hahaha!!

Good Catch panfisherman!!!!! Keep throwing your sabikis, and please post about it each time you do! I will defend you till racism ends lol!

P.A.W.
12-06-2013, 05:22 AM
I have no doubt some seniors stand around malls. Then there are those who spend a lot of their time on the water teaching kids how to fish. Including how to be a good steward of our fisheries. Why not go the DVL section and tell Matt to mind his own business about speeders and those dang noisemakers? The whole taking of bait thing will be addressed soon enough by the DFG so you can burry your head back in your underwear for now.

cutbait
12-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Lol...poacher? If C&R LMB fishing at a private lake is poaching then guilty as charged dumbshit. I'm just amused at how vigilant senior citizens can be about something somebody posts about on a freakin messageboard. What are they going to do when somebody tells them about Facebook....or Instagram..... or heaven forbid VINE?!!!!! Are their heads going to explode?? They should go back to standing in front of Hot Topic shaking their fingers at those goddamn bratty kids hahaha!!

Good Catch panfisherman!!!!! Keep throwing your sabikis, and please post about it each time you do! I will defend you till racism ends lol!

Yeah, please keep throwing them at the advice of this guy!

His wisdom certainly is in your best interest.

Sheesh, "youngins" and their vast wisdom.

cutbait
12-06-2013, 06:46 AM
What also is ammusing, the cry or racism?

Lol..

"Respected" pan fisherman makes bait illegally? Right?

I advise him its illegal, so do others.

Where is racism involved?

The white man has no chance nowadays without being called racist

DockRat
12-06-2013, 07:47 AM

Your remarks are WAAAAAY out of line.

Remarks like that put you in the Troll/Kook category.

What also is ammusing, the cry or racism?

Lol..

X2 CB. This guy is a fool...LMAO

twcthfsh
12-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks pan, what a bunch of cry babies. Catching a few stripers can be a lot of fun with these baits.

NFCD I
12-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Well said kid, not. I am a 60 year old white man and have been called a dumb **** on more than one occasion in my life. Usually a fight would follow. As far as being called a racist, that really pisses me off. I've invited and fished with just about every race in my boat.

In the future, I would suggest being a little more careful on using the race card.

Stormcrow
12-06-2013, 08:33 AM
When it comes to reading up on the regs I understand how people can be confused or without the proper knowledge. My buddy Jonathan and I were fishing Castaic a few weeks ago and on the launch ramp dock there was a school of shad in about 10 inches of water....a HUGE wolfpack of LMB were holding them there. These two guys from Georgia who were getting in a rental ran and got a throw net and started netting them RIGHT IN FRONT of the DFW guy....He did not cite them, just told them that they could not use a throw net only a dip net. These two guys said in the funniest southern drawl: "Why, thats the darndest silliest thing I have eva' heard of!"

LOL California is so lame *** backwards liberal here. Its no wonder every other state laughs at us. And as a biologist myself, even I think its silly sometimes.

cutbait
12-06-2013, 08:56 AM
When it comes to reading up on the regs I understand how people can be confused or without the proper knowledge. My buddy Jonathan and I were fishing Castaic a few weeks ago and on the launch ramp dock there was a school of shad in about 10 inches of water....a HUGE wolfpack of LMB were holding them there. These two guys from Georgia who were getting in a rental ran and got a throw net and started netting them RIGHT IN FRONT of the DFW guy....He did not cite them, just told them that they could not use a throw net only a dip net. These two guys said in the funniest southern drawl: "Why, thats the darndest silliest thing I have eva' heard of!"

LOL California is so lame *** backwards liberal here. Its no wonder every other state laughs at us. And as a biologist myself, even I think its silly sometimes.

I'm glad the DFW didn't cite because the fellas were from Georgia, probably making them white.

If they were Asian ofcourse as sumdum pointed out I would feel differently and expect them to be cited

cutbait
12-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks pan, what a bunch of cry babies. Catching a few stripers can be a lot of fun with these baits.

Let me guess, Pan fisherman as well?

You guys know pan fishing runs deep in my family!

All my little kids are pretty good at it. Whether it be red worms under a bobber or even flylined mini jigs around docks..

Fishin4runner
12-06-2013, 10:33 AM
That still doesn't answer question .i wasn't questioning other methods or if he raises the price , question is . Is it legal to use thread fin on a guide trip because in reading the rules it seams that it would not be legal because the collection of money . Not looking for opinion just facts ... Anybody know?

Yes it is legal because T/O shows you how to pick the bait, then you get the net and get to demonstrate what you have learned by catching your own bait on the guidetrip.

Fishin4runner
12-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Trout only I and my friends were going to use you as a fishing guide, but now that I see how you are im sorry to say we are going to take our $$$ elsewhere.

Why you blasting T/O for enlightening people on the law. Take your money elsewhere I am sure you won't be missed as T/O has lots of satisfied returning clients. You just keep trespassing into your city lakes to ninja fish (poach) at night.

Fishin4runner
12-06-2013, 10:48 AM

I once called the DFG and got wrong information. In the 90's I called and asked them if it was legal to walk in a fish OSO pumping plant on the Aqueduct, they said yes if I was walking in. The next day I walked in and fished and ran into the warden. As he was writing the ticket I told him about the information that I got the day before. He called the office and they told him about my call. He then ripped up the ticket and gave me a warning after he chewed the the office guys *** for giving wrong information.

cutbait
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
I once called the DFG and got wrong information. In the 90's I called and asked them if it was legal to walk in a fish OSO pumping plant on the Aqueduct, they said yes if I was walking in. The next day I walked in and fished and ran into the warden. As he was writing the ticket I told him about the information that I got the day before. He called the office and they told him about my call. He then ripped up the ticket and gave me a warning after he chewed the the office guys *** for giving wrong information.
More importantly, how was the fishing at Oso?

Fishin4runner
12-06-2013, 10:54 AM
More importantly, how was the fishing at Oso?

It was great, when the warden pulled up I was reeling in a nice 8lber. and he let me keep it.

fishinone
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Has anyone thought that the whole point of pointing out that the rules may have been broken was to inform and not to indite.

Writing reports on the internet claiming to have caught fish illegally, could be asking for trouble. There was a guy who caught a juvenile great white off of a pier and hauled it up on the beach for some pictures a few years ago, who got in a lot of trouble, because he plastered his picture all over the internet and on the news.

Just saying.

Fishin4runner
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Has anyone thought that the whole point of pointing out that the rules may have been broken was to inform and not to indite.

Writing reports on the internet claiming to have caught fish illegally, could be asking for trouble. There was a guy who caught a juvenile great white off of a pier and hauled it up on the beach for some pictures a few years ago, who got in a lot of trouble, because he plastered his picture all over the internet and on the news.

Just saying.

X2....If i am doing something illegally while fishing i want to be informed by fellow anglers rather then the warden with a ticket. But some people just can't take constructive criticism.

addict
12-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes it is legal because T/O shows you how to pick the bait, then you get the net and get to demonstrate what you have learned by catching your own bait on the guidetrip.

That sounds like another opinion and a case by case scenario , I doubt it goes down that way every time . It seems t/ o or cut bait who know a lot about fishing don't want to touch on this subject, or their just not sure but if that's the case I wouldn't get on somebody else about the rules of catching and fishing threadfin

Fishin4runner
12-11-2013, 12:41 PM
That sounds like another opinion and a case by case scenario , I doubt it goes down that way every time . It seems t/ o or cut bait who know a lot about fishing don't want to touch on this subject, or their just not sure but if that's the case I wouldn't get on somebody else about the rules of catching and fishing threadfin
He uses a dip net which is legal, he doesn't sell the fish which is legal, he sells a service that consists of his knowledge and use of his equipment which is legal. And they didn't jump on anybody they just told them what was legal and what wasn't according to the written regulation. But catch the bait how you all want to, if you get a ticket just remember that somebody told you that it was not legal.