PDA

View Full Version : LNL Sunday 11/23/13

allanon
11-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Took my boys and fished from shore on Sunday.

Couldn't get the spot I wanted (turned out to be a good thing anyways), but got a nice spot in the flats.

Ended up with 3 fish, and missed on 3 more.
2 of the fish landed were caught within a minute of each other (and one of the misses). Yes, at one point, I had one fish in the net, the 2nd fish at the shore about to be netted, and another rod went off).

But other than that was "grind it out" fishing. I was lucky since the poor guy next to me got skunked and the guy 2 over caught 1 and missed 1.

Noticed 2 dead fish floating in the water.
And based on the very light bites we were getting, it seemed the nebraska fish are just not acclimating to the warmer water (approx 60) yet.

I really did remind me of early spring fishing, when the bites get very very light.

I noticed he's not stocking this week, otherwise I'd be there from shore on Sunday. Hopefully I can make it out there this Friday.

I also noticed many of the folks are different as far as staff goes. Charles and guy at the boat dock (sorry forgot your name) are still there. But didn't recognize any of the staff other than girl in the office from last season. Rick is back, and I saw Darren on both days. Service was great (although the broken credit card machine on the public opener was a bummer) :Big Grin:

I really hope this season is better than last. I believe if they stock the 2k every week, it will return back to the "good ol days", especially as the water cools into the 55 to 57 degree range.