PDA

View Full Version : trolled the lake for a little while yesterday. Plus I have a boat question.

Big Willy
11-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Trolled the vine yesterday for a fun time. fish were up and chasing bait. I saw plenty of fish running the surface. The whole lake seemed to have people catching fish. The Flickershad is deadly, drifting a fly lined night crawler under a bobber was also deadly. I did good with the fshad up in the sierras this year trolling it too.

On another note. My portable fish finder battery cable broke the weekend before so I was trolling blind. Let me say that hummingbird replaced the part overnight for free and I have had this thing for years. Part is in and I fixed it this morning ready for this weekend. I can't wait to buy a a new boat. It's coming real soon. I sold mine two years ago when we moved back home from New York with a promise I could buy one after we got into our house. Well then the kitchen was more important than the boat. Kitchen is done, tow truck is sitting in the driveway. Time for the wife to let a boy be a boy and go buy a boat! Thinking about a Crestliner, Alumacraft, or Tracker 17 foot full windshield models. I have been looking for a while but don't want to miss anything. I hear tracker has weld problems……..Lund is to dam expensive. I want to spend around 25,000 give or take a few. What is the boat you guys would pick for comfort, fishability and reliability?

See you guys this weekend. Im camping with my not so little little bro. We will have the BBQ going and drinking beer on the truck if anyone feels like stoping by for a beer and a hotdog while they last. We rented a pontoon boat, I can't believe they had a bunch still available yesterday! We will be in a white f350 with a big *** tent, hopefully a fire and a good story. Good Luck and good weather is hoped for all. Happy thanksgiving.

Will

bassmeister
11-28-2013, 03:01 PM
I have a 2005 Crestliner and love it for trolling. All set up with electric downriggers, stereo, fish finder front and back real fish destroyer. Just don't buy anything with riveted hulls, may have a leaky situation LOL.

Scott

kirkboat
11-30-2013, 07:24 AM
I have a Pro 175 Tracker w/50hp 4 stroke Iam thinking I'll probably sell..Its loaded with all the toys, has low hours and has never left Canyon Lake..It even has 1 down rigger...I need a smaller boat..$6000.00

Big Willy
12-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the offer but I'm leaning towards new. I have owned three used boats before and I think it's time to buy new.