PDA

View Full Version : 11/26 Castaic PM Sesh

madbass
11-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Hit up castaic for the afternoon bite but got the big skunk. did see tons of fathers with thier children catching trout which was pretty cool. everyone was copperative and no fuss (great parenting skills!!) did see some peeps on the dam tossing big baits but only 1 guy landed what seemed be a 5/7lber, at least he didnt get skunked! the stripers were there, just didnt get lucky this time. the weather was nice, slight wind from the north about 5mph. as the sun started to dip behind the mountains it stated to get a bit chilly, no more short for me anymore, time for long johns and pants. most of the stripers caught lately have come on the huddleston, maybe im wrong but from the few peeps ive seen land a fish, most came on the huddleston. anywho, good luck and happy thanksgiving!

alex.

Stumpknocker
11-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the report. Good to hear that people were respecting each yesterday at the dam...dads & kids catching fish together is a wonderful thing to see...good times, except for the skunk...looks like it's time to get a huddleston!

seal
11-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Huddleston? Gee I thought the only bait that catches fish these days was a slide swimmer. Oh well good to know you don't have to mortgage the house to catch a striper. Funny Huddleston's use to have the reputation of being overpriced, seem like a bargain these days.

madbass
11-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Huddleston? Gee I thought the only bait that catches fish these days was a slide swimmer. Oh well good to know you don't have to mortgage the house to catch a striper. Funny Huddleston's use to have the reputation of being overpriced, seem like a bargain these days.

Thats exactly what i thought!!! i not spending more than $30 for lure and thats a lot for me. Some of these lures retail for $400, phuk dat!
the hudd works well for me. it looks and swims just like the real thing! I've had my hudd for almost 4 years and havent caught anything on it until this season, go figure.

madbass
11-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the report. Good to hear that people were respecting each yesterday at the dam...dads & kids catching fish together is a wonderful thing to see...good times, except for the skunk...looks like it's time to get a huddleston!

the hudd is the **** and for $30 buck, you can land a fish of a lifetime! easy to use too. I've seen peeps tossing the lunker punker and swear by it and its not that expesive either....thinking about it. it does take a bit more work then the huddleston to get the right action but I've seen peeps catch fish with it so might get me one.

EfrenM
11-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Dude i was there yesterday too i didnt catch a striper but y caught 3 trout on a panter martin and my little brother in law caugght 5 on pink mice tail