PDA

View Full Version : 11-25-13

Skinny
11-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Plugged in the boat last night. This morning battery lights were green. Got rigged up and hit the road. Third boat in line. was going to take my 5 YO daughter but thought the 37 degree morning would be a bit too much. Launch and head west. passed two striper boils right in the middle of the lake but could see about a hundred birds circling around the cove by the inlet so I head over there. Set upwind and drift towards the activity. First cast I chuck out a trout wakebait parallel to the brush line. Ba Bam ! Im on a decent striper maybe five pounds. Get her in the net to the livewell. Go to hit the trolling motor to set up for my next cast and nothing. Not a slow motor, i mean nothing. Totally dead. So I just cast towards the activity and hook up again, this one surged deep and came unbottoned. So now I gather myself and see if I can fix my motor. Couldn't get her going. Found a bad fuse but had no replacements. I'm sure I will next time. Spent a couple hours using the big motor and wind to position on the spots for nothing. I finally got frustrated being a dead duck on the water and called it a day around 9. Fishing without the little motor reminded me of fishing with my dad in his old bayliner, he'd get all mad when i'd make him move the boat every five seconds so I could hit the next point LOL.
Anyway the weather was great and saw a lot of striper activity, they were definately on the chew today. At least I got one, she was full of eggs too. Tacos!!!!

icscommand
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Plugged in the boat last night. This morning battery lights were green. Got rigged up and hit the road. Third boat in line. was going to take my 5 YO daughter but thought the 37 degree morning would be a bit too much. Launch and head west. passed two striper boils right in the middle of the lake but could see about a hundred birds circling around the cove by the inlet so I head over there. Set upwind and drift towards the activity. First cast I chuck out a trout wakebait parallel to the brush line. Ba Bam ! Im on a decent striper maybe five pounds. Get her in the net to the livewell. Go to hit the trolling motor to set up for my next cast and nothing. Not a slow motor, i mean nothing. Totally dead. So I just cast towards the activity and hook up again, this one surged deep and came unbottoned. So now I gather myself and see if I can fix my motor. Couldn't get her going. Found a bad fuse but had no replacements. I'm sure I will next time. Spent a couple hours using the big motor and wind to position on the spots for nothing. I finally got frustrated being a dead duck on the water and called it a day around 9. Fishing without the little motor reminded me of fishing with my dad in his old bayliner, he'd get all mad when i'd make him move the boat every five seconds so I could hit the next point LOL.
Anyway the weather was great and saw a lot of striper activity, they were definately on the chew today. At least I got one, she was full of eggs too. Tacos!!!!

Great effort and thanks for taking the time to report. Fished Havasu myself today and same result. One in the box (actually C&R)