PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman vs. Civilians

fishermanx14
11-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone have any funny encounters while fishing? The most frequent for me are "There are no fish here" and "What the hell is that thing?" and one of my favorites, "Look you caught a fish!!" (me) "Sorry ma'am but that is my lure". Hahaha or trout stocking day i got in an argument with a guy because he thought i was using a live trout. Well the most recent and most outrages incident just happened....it went something like this.

(Back story)
Ok so i live about a 2 or 3 min walk away from my local spot i go to just to get my line wet. Im there allmost everyday. And everyday i have to deal with this old lady (in her 80's) who constantly harrasses me. I fish were the road dead ends at the water and it is in fact public access. (See pics) So every time i fish there she is always cussing at me and telling me that its illegal to fish there ect....everything you can think of. So most of the time i just say "Nice to see you again" or "Have a good day, ill see you tomorrow" with a smile on my face.

What happened today

Start fishing, throwing my TT for anything that wants to bite....about 10 minutes into fishing i am mid cast, and hear "Oh my god, watch out!" and immediatly i know who it is. Look up on the balcony to the right and yep..its the old lady. So i just ignore her for a while and keep fishing and she says she is calling the cops...I tell her thats fine i didn't do anything wrong. So the 5-0 show up and the lady start telling the cop that fish hooks and line have been ending up on her balcony. Cop asks me if i did that, i said no. The officer and I go on to talking and he says that this lady is crazy and has to deal with her all the time.

So the cop thanked me for my coperation and explained to the woman that i can fish when ever i want there and there is nothing she can do about it. So the cops leave and she tells me "If i find any more hooks or fishing line up here im going to strangel you with it!" so i just laugh it off and keep fishing...then she asks me where i live and i tell her that it's none of her buisness. Then she tells me she is going to follow me home....oh just wonderful.....so after fishing before about another half hour i decide to pack it in and guess who is following me.....yup..you guessed it lol. So i go past my house and go around the block and when approaching my house i took off and sprinted home and jumped in the back of my grandpa's pickup and wait for her to drive by and she drives by 2 more times lol.....So thats what just happned to me.....Anyone have any similar stories, maybe funny ninja stories?

(Her house is on the right in both pics...dont mind santa clause swimming in my spot lol)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii550/cstepanuk/crazylady_zps3385eb1c.png (http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstepanuk/media/crazylady_zps3385eb1c.png.html)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii550/cstepanuk/lol_zps82b04315.png (http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstepanuk/media/lol_zps82b04315.png.html)

DockRat
11-24-2013, 07:40 PM
This was the best part.

So the cop thanked me for my coperation and explained to the woman that i can fish when ever i want there and there is nothing she can do about it. So the cops leave and she tells me "If i find any more hooks or fishing line up here im going to strangel you with it!" so i just laugh it off and keep fishing...then she asks me where i live and i tell her that it's none of her buisness. Then she tells me she is going to follow me home....oh just wonderful.....so after fishing before about another half hour i decide to pack it in and guess who is following me.....yup..you guessed it lol. So i go past my house and go around the block and when approaching my house i took off and sprinted home and jumped in the back of my grandpa's pickup and wait for her to drive by and she drives by 2 more times lol.....So thats what just happned to me.....Anyone have any similar stories, maybe funny ninja stories?

A few years back surf fishing with bait always liked when people would ask
'What are you fishing for ' ?

'SHARKS' Then ignore them. Some would ask 'what kind of sharks'.

Check this run out, Laguna Beach ?
Insane slide at 1:15 :Shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2GQrvbb1k

DarkShadow
11-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Sounds like you got yourself an admirer.

WTG!

seal
11-25-2013, 07:56 AM
How come you are tossing a TT thought you spent a bunch on AC's, the only lure that works in AZ!

You think they trip on a TT looking like a real trout try walking around with a Matt's Twitch lure.

Bummer you can't enjoy fishing from a legal area close to home without the harassment from granny.

City Dad
11-25-2013, 10:01 AM
last time I was at the beach some dude gave me ish about how barbaric catch-and-release is.

fishinone
11-25-2013, 11:06 AM
I think that you might find that she is the one breaking the law. It's against the law to harass hunters and fishermen attempting to take game.

DarkShadow
11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
last time I was at the beach some dude gave me ish about how barbaric catch-and-release is.

Did you tell him to go take a hike and a hug a tree?

I miss fishing City Parks because of the constant interruptions. My favorite are:

"Did you catched a fish?"

"Is that a fish?"

"MOM HE CAUGHT A FISH!!!!"

"Why do you throw them back?"

"Can you eat them?"

"Can you give it to me?"

"Can I use your pole?"

"Do you have another pole?

"Can you give me yours?"

"What do you use for bait?"

"Is it real?"

"What kind of fish do you catched?"

I can stand all of those. The one that gets me is:

"Are you prepared for Jehovah's return?"

Viejo
11-25-2013, 11:31 AM
This was the best part.
A few years back surf fishing with bait always liked when people would ask
'What are you fishing for ' ?

'SHARKS' Then ignore them. Some would ask 'what kind of sharks'.

Check this run out, Laguna Beach ?
Insane slide at 1:15 :Shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2GQrvbb1k

That is one talented skateboarder, Dockrat. Laguna has a number of streets that come down from the top of the hill all the way to ocean with sweep curves like that one. Reminds me of the early 60's when they first came out with clay wheels and we made long boards for the first time. The one we used to set slalom courses on with road cones escapes me but it burned up in the later Laguna fire. Good times...oh and we had our share of whacko old ladies hollering at us and some discussions with law enforcement. Back then, Laguna had a pretty small force and most were pretty cool.

fishermanx14
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM
How come you are tossing a TT thought you spent a bunch on AC's, the only lure that works in AZ!

You think they trip on a TT looking like a real trout try walking around with a Matt's Twitch lure.

Bummer you can't enjoy fishing from a legal area close to home without the harassment from granny.
the AC's work pretty good when there isnt a lot of current. I throw the TT the most because thats what i have the most confidence in....lol the deadtwitch work great in the river if you tie it up to a dock lol

old pudd fisher
11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Anyone have any funny encounters while fishing? The most frequent for me are "There are no fish here" and "What the hell is that thing?" and one of my favorites, "Look you caught a fish!!" (me) "Sorry ma'am but that is my lure". Hahaha or trout stocking day i got in an argument with a guy because he thought i was using a live trout. Well the most recent and most outrages incident just happened....it went something like this.

(Back story)
Ok so i live about a 2 or 3 min walk away from my local spot i go to just to get my line wet. Im there allmost everyday. And everyday i have to deal with this old lady (in her 80's) who constantly harrasses me. I fish were the road dead ends at the water and it is in fact public access. (See pics) So every time i fish there she is always cussing at me and telling me that its illegal to fish there ect....everything you can think of. So most of the time i just say "Nice to see you again" or "Have a good day, ill see you tomorrow" with a smile on my face.

What happened today

Start fishing, throwing my TT for anything that wants to bite....about 10 minutes into fishing i am mid cast, and hear "Oh my god, watch out!" and immediatly i know who it is. Look up on the balcony to the right and yep..its the old lady. So i just ignore her for a while and keep fishing and she says she is calling the cops...I tell her thats fine i didn't do anything wrong. So the 5-0 show up and the lady start telling the cop that fish hooks and line have been ending up on her balcony. Cop asks me if i did that, i said no. The officer and I go on to talking and he says that this lady is crazy and has to deal with her all the time.

(Her house is on the right in both pics...dont mind santa clause swimming in my spot lol)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii550/cstepanuk/crazylady_zps3385eb1c.png (http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstepanuk/media/crazylady_zps3385eb1c.png.html)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii550/cstepanuk/lol_zps82b04315.png (http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstepanuk/media/lol_zps82b04315.png.html)

Yes I see Santa and think you should tell him to get his *** back to the North Pole ASAP. Christmas is only a month away and he should be packing up toys for all the good kids right now and not partying around drinkin beer, smoking and chasin old fat women, time is running out and he can do that later

fishermanx14
11-25-2013, 08:30 PM
yes i see santa and think you should tell him to get his *** back to the north pole asap. Christmas is only a month away and he should be packing up toys for all the good kids right now and not partying around drinkin beer, smoking and chasin old fat women, time is running out and he can do that later
:lol::lol::lol: