PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Park

Uneekguy27
11-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Hello fellow anglers!! Just a quick question. Does anyone know of when the lakes get stocked again. The derby stocking is pretty much dead already and my son is asking to fishing over thanksgiving break! Otherwise we may take a drive to lake Gregory!!

moparferlife
11-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I thought it was supposed to be every other thursday but I went last Saturday and walked the whole lake and didnt see one trout so idk whats going on.

PilgrimDG
11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Stocking is suspended indefinitely for "lake maintenance", whatever that means.

denthedad59
12-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Does anybody have any further info regarding the indefinite suspended stocking Pilgrim's talking about? I know the pumps have been broken for a long time and the water was pretty bad for the most part of last years trout season. I saw more floaters and dying fish last season than I've ever seen there. I'd be willing to bet the broken pumps and the subsequent lack of aeration had allot to do with that. I like fishing Apollo...it's a long drive for me coming from the valley but it sure beats the local alternative of Hansen Dam where a DFW stocking is limited to 300-lbs of dink fish that get pulled out or eaten by the birds in two days time.

ltj427
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I went there after the derby in November and the water looked very clean and you could see in the water for several feet, and it even smelled decent.

moparferlife
12-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Update
Was just there for an hour before closing today and they did stock the lake today. Caught this guy on a fire tiger rooster tail
Water wasnt bad. Pretty clear all around the lake.
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/moparferlife/20131205_162910.jpg

Uneekguy27
12-13-2013, 03:56 PM
about time!!! i guess my son and i will be out there tomorrow!! oh yeah!!

DangerFishin
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I live 5 minutes from apollo i come here every morning monday through friday around opening time and i run for about an hour.

i havent fished here since last year. if you walk the shoreline 99% of the time, and yes even when the hoses are pumping out water, theres trout all over right along the shore either dead or trying to hop out of the water. ive seen a few caught, have been there a couple of times right when it was stocked usually see people do good the day of or day right after anything past two days after a stocking goes right back to the dieing weak trout. i ask people about it nobody seems to notice they just ignore it. went a few days ago because i had lunch at the airport. lake was packed with people fishing talked to a few they said "oh yea man they stocked it fishings gonna be good" walked around fish where swiming shoreline dieing. water looks fairly clear but smells horrible.

anybody know what the deal is here?

or does everybody think its just normal???

also id like to add that the 2-3 lber trout ive caught in the past at apollo dont put up any type of a fight. i catch 3/4 lbers at jackson lake that put up more of a fight haha