PDA

View Full Version : 1st visit to Farimont Park.

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Showed up with a buddy of mine SICKric. who moved out to fontana. Headed out to Fairmont for the first time to check it out. and.... nothing. no bites. no nothing. seems like the water was real muddy. BUT the lake looks nice and well def.. be heading back out there. lots of ground to cover.

PMP

fishmounter
11-24-2013, 10:53 AM
It's always slow this time of year. When the water temps get cool, so does the fishing. Also if it rains, the lakes end up pretty murky. But, if they stock trout, swim baits have worked for larger bass.

I*B*CATCHIN
11-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Search the archives for this park and see what has been others experiences...good luck ...you'll be surprised by what you'll find doing that for all waters

J-Dub
11-24-2013, 07:55 PM
It's always slow this time of year. When the water temps get cool, so does the fishing. Also if it rains, the lakes end up pretty murky. But, if they stock trout, swim baits have worked for larger bass.

really??? they stock this lake with trout??? I asked this question once and somebody told me that the local bums stock this lake with brown trout but im not sure how accurate that is....lol:LOL:

smokinflies
11-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Fairmount is a cool place to fish. Only caught one there so far. Took me a few visits.

It's the legg lake of IE.

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-27-2013, 10:35 AM
replies appreciated. I visited the lake to see its potential. And let me tell you. I know for a fact there are some PIGS in that water. Just have to be there at the right time at the right place. Its a big lake and lots of ground to cover. but all in all. everything looks like it is where it should be. they even have a dock. now that rocks. Ill post again once I catch a nice fish. Cant wait.

AL

castle
11-27-2013, 05:37 PM
[M][P];708307']replies appreciated. I visited the lake to see its potential. And let me tell you. I know for a fact there are some PIGS in that water. Just have to be there at the right time at the right place. Its a big lake and lots of ground to cover. but all in all. everything looks like it is where it should be. they even have a dock. now that rocks. Ill post again once I catch a nice fish. Cant wait.

AL

Just watch your back and car for the vicious tweekers there. They will rip you off!

KidTrout
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I go to that lake quite a few times during the summer. My biggest bass so far is a 6 1/2 pounder. I've also caught some big crappie and bluegill. Keep fishing it and you will land some nice ones.

carpanglerdude
11-27-2013, 08:57 PM
really??? they stock this lake with trout??? I asked this question once and somebody told me that the local bums stock this lake with brown trout but im not sure how accurate that is....lol:LOL:

They stopped stocking over fairly unfounded concerns that somehow trout will escape into the tiny drainage ditch to the west, survive the fairly warm waters, swim through the shallow mud puddles and plop into Santa Ana River, living long enough to destroy the beloved Santa Ana Sucker. This, while incredibly implausible, scared the department into stopping trout plants last year or so.

DockRat
11-28-2013, 08:05 AM
They stopped stocking over fairly unfounded concerns that somehow trout will escape into the tiny drainage ditch to the west, survive the fairly warm waters, swim through the shallow mud puddles and plop into Santa Ana River, living long enough to destroy the beloved Santa Ana Sucker. This, while incredibly implausible, scared the department into stopping trout plants last year or so.

LOL, What a joke...Dummies

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-28-2013, 09:12 AM
seems like DFG been watching too much nat geo. lol.

Calicanuck
12-13-2013, 11:42 PM
I saw this old thread and had to laugh... check it out maybe DFG isn't smoking crack.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?52395-If-Fairmount-had-it-they-dont-anymore

tree
12-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I saw this old thread and had to laugh... check it out maybe DFG isn't smoking crack.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?52395-If-Fairmount-had-it-they-dont-anymore

YUP. that was the year they stopped.

troutmada
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Try the alil lake that is with the golf course,saw a guy pull out a nice LMB by the Lilly pads using a frog bait..

carpanglerdude
01-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Indeed, but have you ever walked the banks of the Santa Ana in that area? The chance that hatchery rainbows will survive in the 5 inches of lukewarm treated waste water is slim to none, even after a few cold days of rain.
Ironically enough, Rancho Jurupa Regional Park is still being stocked. However, it has also a creek (actually, two) that drain right into the Santa Ana.