PDA

View Full Version : Loud rooster wakes me up--couldnt sleep

trollmiester
11-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Well this post is dedicated to my good friend pontoon.lets say he cant fish for a while because he tried to swim with fishes.lol.well rob--aka rooster on fnn,called me saturday and said the roads are dry and easy to launch my boat.well i packed up and met him at the lake at 7.30 --man thats early.lauched asked him --what do u want to fish for -trout-trolling,bait or drifting. Or better yet catfishing.he was just like terry, quote i do not care its just fun fishing out here at the vine. We settled on catfishing. And anchored down knowing well we might not get one bite while people around us are catching trout.honkered down with mackrael and waited till 8.30 .rob gets bit and its hell of a fight .big smiles fish in the well.rob preceded to put on a clinic,cat after cat and one trout. We caught 9 cats and one trout.wighed the blue in at close to fourten pounds robs personal best.fish were betewen 3 pounds to fourteen with lots of 8 pounders.we hafd to fish no food or water on board for 9 hours,just ice coffee ,man i was shaking like donn knotts.was great fun fishing and watching his rods bent in half and watching the cats do the death roll.high fives all the way and keeping pontoon informed of our prized catches.stoped at the team 57 event was winding down-but had the great baconater,chicken and great desserts,taper steve and trout dog were working their tails off. Thanx team 57.what a great time next trip will be 5150,rooster and pontoon and me at a top secret location.lol get well pontoon rooster said his arms hurt from reeling in those big cats.lolol OH THE BEST PART WE LET FOUR OF THE FISH INCLUDING TWO BLUES GO INTO THE KIDS LAGOON WITH THE IRVINE STAFF.I KNOW THOSE PELICANS CANT EAT THOSE BIG FISH.LOL

Rooster
11-24-2013, 12:29 PM
First off I want to say it was a honor to sit in your spot Pontoon. It was great talking to you through out the day and I hope you get well soon my brother.
I had some big shoes to fill sitting in a legends seat & tried my best to remain calm. :Shocked:

Trolly the Cat masters champion quickly put me on some big cats. I think I broke my personal best 5 times this day :Cool:
First it was 5 lbs then 6 then 8 then another 8 I am thinking am i dreaming? Then a 13.4 are you kidding me? These fish fought like I have never seen. Trolly calls it the death roll its last chance at escape. I call it NUTTS!
I had the best time fishing I have had in years.

My wife asked later that night how come you stink after you just showered. I said I dunno must be the icyhot.
She asks why on earth are you putting on icyhot. My arms and back are so sore from fighting those big catfish trolly put us on.
I am seriously considering asking ICYHOT for sponsorship for one of those fishing jerseys everyone is wearing these day. :Big Smile:
Trolly Thanks so much for the day I will never forget for the rest of my life. You are the best!

Thanks for all the hard work that Team 57 put in with the event and potluck.
My first time trying the Baconator and I must say! SIMPLY AWESOME!
Tapersteve Thx for everything you do buddy. I truly am proud to be wearing the Team 57 gear.
TD Thx for stepping up and ordering those new sick hoodies.
It was great seeing everyone including the best staff at any lake known.

You all are the best... Hope 2 see everyone Saturday at the Turkeyshoot :Dancing Banana:

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1480667_599725733396987_127858716_n.jpg

TaperSteve
11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah as I trolled past y'all I thought to myself, "man PONTOON sure does look different today". At the end of the day when we saw you, trolly, and Daniela walking to the water to let the blues go I knew y'all had a good day. Congratulations on the new PB Rooster you sure do deserve it maybe a day like will help draw you to the darkside (us catfish fisherman).

TS

PONTOON
11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Rob,

I couldn't have had much of a better day yesterday getting the live-on the water updates! As a matter fact there were a couple of times I got a little to excited and found myself doubled up on the floor in pain! I couldn't be happier for you Rob. You are definitely one of the "Good Guys" in my book and if I couldn't be filling that seat I'm happy it was you. And to hear you got yourself a new personal best just makes it all that much better! :Thumbs Up:

Trolly,

We've been fishing together for well over ten years now and never had any "Slip-up's" like the one last week. Well, wait a minute, at least not me anyway. One things for sure I'd have got a Zero from all five judges for too much splash upon entry on that dive! :LOL:
Thanks for the dedication Buddy. I'll be ready to hit the lake with you real soon and we need to take Rob and Dan to another one of our haunts in the yacht. Of course, for Rob anyway, It's going to be tough to beat breaking a personal best five times in one day! :Thumbs Up:

Great job out there guys! Reading this report made my weekend..........:Thumbs Up:

5150fishn
11-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Great report and pic! I loved getting the on the water reports. Now that Rob learned from one of the legends how to catch the Kitties he can teach me! Lol
We have never figured out the secrets to success for those beasts. I guess putting all the time on the water is how the legends of Trolltoon have made their mark.

Congrats Rob on besting your PB multiple times in one day! Good to hear Trolly showed you how to put on a clinic!

Heal up soon Terry!

Icyhot sponsor! Lol

Great report Chris!

ProdigyFishing
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Nice fish Rooster!

Where's your pinky?

TroutOnly
11-25-2013, 09:17 PM
CONGRATS ON THE BIG CATFISH ROB,,,,,,,,TROLLY AND PONTOON ARE THE MEN FOR THAT KIND OF ACTION,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,