PDA

View Full Version : Any float tubers from LNL?

Rot8
11-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Just wondering if anybody participated in the LNL float tube event today? I heard they are stocking Nebraska Tailwalkers this year, so I am excited to see if they are a great fighting fish as reported. Hopefully, LNL will be better managed this year and committed to bringing back their customers. Last season was a catastrophe.

KidTrout
11-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Just wondering if anybody participated in the LNL float tube event today? I heard they are stocking Nebraska Tailwalkers this year, so I am excited to see if they are a great fighting fish as reported. Hopefully, LNL will be better managed this year and committed to bringing back their customers. Last season was a catastrophe.

All I know is that there was two 10 lbers CnR. I don't know how the overall bite was though.

Rot8
11-20-2013, 08:00 PM
All I know is that there was two 10 lbers CnR. I don't know how the overall bite was though.

Thanks for the intel. Kid

socal114
11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
The word I got was a lot of nice fish went in, but many did not survive the stock. Possibly due to water temp. issues between truck and lake.

the killa fish taco
11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
I fished on Wed. Of course there was a few that didnt make it but I would say majority of the fish made it. Not as bad as people made it out to be. Lots of BIG fish were stocked. I would say I could see over 10 fish easy over the 8-13lb range were stocked! Biggest fish that didnt make it was 7.1. Lots of BIG FISH guys!!! Get out there and kill!!!!! Good luck everyone....

RiverWalker
11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the report on LNL guys. Not even their own website provided a recent report. I would think that they would especially since this was their opener. Did prices go up or is it me? I don't remember paying this much last year. $28 admission + $10 float tube fee + $3 for park entrance = $41 for tuber like myself. Comparing to Irvine's $24 with free float tube launch, or Corona $25 admission + $4 float tube fee. I love LNL so I guess I'll bite the bullet. Just not as often

Marley
11-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report on LNL guys. Not even their own website provided a recent report. I would think that they would especially since this was their opener. Did prices go up or is it me? I don't remember paying this much last year. $28 admission + $10 float tube fee + $3 for park entrance = $41 for tuber like myself. Comparing to Irvine's $24 with free float tube launch, or Corona $25 admission + $4 float tube fee. I love LNL so I guess I'll bite the bullet. Just not as often

$28 plus $10 launch? That's pricey. Those fish had better be big, hungry and feeding.

titos334
11-26-2013, 02:17 AM
$28 plus $10 launch? That's pricey. Those fish had better be big, hungry and feeding.

Yeah LNL is pretty damn pricy but it can sometimes be worth it, it's tough paying $3 just to see if it's worth it though

allanon
11-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi Rot8!
Glad another trout season is here! Sorry for the late late reply, works been nuts.

I walked the shoreline (did not fish) the Wed of the float tube event just prior to close.
I saw probably 60 fish within 15 feet of shore (no kidding). Many in the 8lb class. It was crazy!
I stood up on the picnic tables and could see the fish and all the lures the guys were throwing at them. Only saw 1 caught in the 20 min or so I was there.

I believe the water was too hot for the fish. It was 61-62 when I fished it the next day (in the rain).

Yes, prices at LNL went up. Bummer, but I don't mind so much as long as the fishing is good, as to get to SARL or Irvine is a longer drive and over the toll road.

Rick is also back, and I noticed many of the folks I knew from before were not there on the public opener or the Sunday following.