PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cachuma

aramirez1988
11-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey fellow FNN'ers,
I am going to go up to Lake Cachuma this Friday and staying 'til Sunday evening for the first time. I never really see any Reports on here from that lake. What is everyone's opinion on fishing Lake Cachuma? Any recommended spots? We are going to be from shore staying in an RV at the main campsites.

I have seen some vids on Youtube showing some cats being picked up off of mackerel strips and what not.

Any tips will be great, thanks guys.

carpinator
11-19-2013, 09:25 PM
First get a map from the park office.They just stocked trout recently, so fishing around the marina on the drake cove side, also both sides of Tequepis point is good, and fish the points if you can. Power bait, and inflated night crawlers work well. Get some good liquid scent.Use a longer than average flouro leader on a carolina rig. Also small Kastmasters with a couple of red dots on them, and other gold and silver spoons work well when it isn't windy. That place gets blown out in the afternoon so hit it early. Also for catfish, mack with scent works good of the points in the evenings. Good luck out there it's a beautiful lake.

aramirez1988
11-20-2013, 11:08 AM
First get a map from the park office.They just stocked trout recently, so fishing around the marina on the drake cove side, also both sides of Tequepis point is good, and fish the points if you can. Power bait, and inflated night crawlers work well. Get some good liquid scent.Use a longer than average flouro leader on a carolina rig. Also small Kastmasters with a couple of red dots on them, and other gold and silver spoons work well when it isn't windy. That place gets blown out in the afternoon so hit it early. Also for catfish, mack with scent works good of the points in the evenings. Good luck out there it's a beautiful lake.

People like you is why I love this site. Thanks for your insights! I can't wait for this weekend, it is exactly how I wanna spend my birthday weekend.