PDA

View Full Version : a few deals for my fellow FNNers...

dkinla
11-18-2013, 10:30 PM
ok, so here are a few deals for you guys...

1st, 15% off gift cards from ALF from $25 to $500

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/american-legacy-fishing-gift-cards-12402.html

you can either select physical gift cards to be mailed to you (or a lucky friend :wink:), or an e-gift card that can be sent via e-mail.

This is a great way to save 15% immediately on products like Shimano/G.Loomis that rarely get discounted. This offer on their gift cards expires November 24th.

"Upon ordering please specify if you would like your card to be mailed to you or if you would like to receive an E-card. If you would like to receive the E-card you will receive an email with your pin# and instructions for using your e-card. If you would like us to send the E-card to a recipient please give us the recipients name, valid email address and we will custom tailor your E-card. If we send the E-Card we will BCC to your email address as well."

Now, if they have another promotion like this one recently on Labor Day weekend where they offered 15% EVERYTHING in stock including Shimano, etc., then combined with this 15% off gift cards can give you a pretty sweet discount on some high-end Shimano/G.Loomis/Daiwa items that rarely go on sale. Obviously, I don't know if and when they might offer that kind of sale again, perhaps for Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend... but who knows.

So either get some gift cards for a purchase now, or maybe hold on to them for a future purchase/sale. Free shipping and no CA tax.

__________________________________________________ _________

Tacklewarehouse is having 20% off sale, but lots of exclusions including Shimano/Daiwa/G.Loomis/etc./etc. Some of their other tackle like fishing line/etc. would be ok for this deal, but there is CA tax. Take a look at their website and also the exclusions....

www.tacklewarehouse.com

__________________________________________________ __________

I noticed that Cabela's is having a sale on various Simms products/chest-waist-hip packs that might be useful for fishing... a little pricey, but hey, maybe there's a fellow FNNer that wants one of these...

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/boating-fishing/simms/_/N-1102644+1000004657/Ne-1000004657?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU

free shipping on orders over $99 with code 3GIFTS at checkout

__________________________________________________ __________

Also at Cabela's, the Deluxe Reel Case Gear Bag for $14.88 (reg. $59.99) that got good reviews:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-Reel-Case-Gear-Bag/1088484.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dreel%2Bcase%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DH eader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=reel+case&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

$59 is probably over-inflated, but $14.88 seems like a good deal for this bag that can hold several reels and some gear on top.

__________________________________________________ _____________

over at Tackledirect, the Quantum Boca PTs Saltwater Baitrunner reels for $99, regular ($179-189):

http://www.tackledirect.com/quantum-boca-pts-bait-teaser-spinning-reels.html#pdItemDataTabs

I don't know anything about these, but maybe someone can chime in...

__________________________________________________ ______________

various Hodgman bootfoot waders and a couple wading boots on clearance at:

http://www.hodgman.com/Fishing/Hodgman-Fishing-Clearance,default,sc.html

__________________________________________________ ____________________

and your local Turners has 15% off all Procure scents, 20% off PowerPro spools, and 20% off Kastmaster lures in stock

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads_nonflash.php

__________________________________________________ ______________________

and lastly, don't forget to look at gift card reseller websites like

www.cardcash.com

--where they are selling Cabela's gift cards for 11% off face value, Sport Chalet gift cards for 23% off face value, 14.5% off for Sports Authority, and 20% off West Marine, etc.

another website to checkout is:

www.cardpool.com

happy shopping :Wink:

dkinla
11-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I've heard that the discount works on the Shimano Stradic Ci4 that's on sale at tacklewarehouse. After addt'l 20% discount and CA tax... Total about $163 shipped for the Stradic Ci4 2500

Carptain_Bao
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey dk I just ordered an Abu Garcia Volatile ML casting rod along with some discounted sunline products on TW, thank you for posting them deals!

dkinla
11-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey dk I just ordered an Abu Garcia Volatile ML casting rod along with some discounted sunline products on TW, thank you for posting them deals!

Nice! Glad you got some gear you wanted and saved some $ too...

Also, just noticed that the Cabela's deluxe reel case gear bag went up from $14.88 to $29.99 now...

RiverWalker
11-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Man Dkinla...Do you have a day job or do you just scour the net all day looking and findiing deals? Just playing...your info is always greatly appreciated!

I just wanted to add that at American Legacy you could also sign up for their newsletter and receive a $10 coupon. Add that the 15% off for their gift cards and you could save even more. I actually received the $10 coupon and added it to their $20 off promo going on last week and got $30 off my order.

Just FYI as well. Wildfly.com has a pretty sale going on right now for their Fly Lines. Some of the options are for slightly older model lines but they are still great choices. They carry RIO, Scientific Angler, and Air Flo lines which are the top 3 brands IMHO. Normally prices lines in the $70 range are going for about $45. $60 lines are going for about $39. etc. Free shipping for orders over $50 and no ca tax. This is a great deal for premium lines. I bought 2 new Airflo lines! Fly guys should definitely take advantage....

http://www.wildfly.com/lines-leader-tippet

ok, so here are a few deals for you guys...

1st, 15% off gift cards from ALF from $25 to $500

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/american-legacy-fishing-gift-cards-12402.html

you can either select physical gift cards to be mailed to you (or a lucky friend :wink:), or an e-gift card that can be sent via e-mail.

This is a great way to save 15% immediately on products like Shimano/G.Loomis that rarely get discounted. This offer on their gift cards expires November 24th.

"Upon ordering please specify if you would like your card to be mailed to you or if you would like to receive an E-card. If you would like to receive the E-card you will receive an email with your pin# and instructions for using your e-card. If you would like us to send the E-card to a recipient please give us the recipients name, valid email address and we will custom tailor your E-card. If we send the E-Card we will BCC to your email address as well."

Now, if they have another promotion like this one recently on Labor Day weekend where they offered 15% EVERYTHING in stock including Shimano, etc., then combined with this 15% off gift cards can give you a pretty sweet discount on some high-end Shimano/G.Loomis/Daiwa items that rarely go on sale. Obviously, I don't know if and when they might offer that kind of sale again, perhaps for Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend... but who knows.

So either get some gift cards for a purchase now, or maybe hold on to them for a future purchase/sale. Free shipping and no CA tax.

DarkShadow
11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
I noticed that Cabela's is having a sale on various Simms products/chest-waist-hip packs that might be useful for fishing... a little pricey, but hey, maybe there's a fellow FNNer that wants one of these...

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/boating-fishing/simms/_/N-1102644+1000004657/Ne-1000004657?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU

Sierra Trading Post has similar Simms waist packs for a lot less than Cabelas. Sign up for their newsletter today and get their "45% off" Friday newsletter, which makes the waist packs even less.

seal
11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Watch out for those Hodgman waders! The 2 times I purchased Hodgman's that were on sale/closeout on that website they fell apart quicker than any I've ever purchased. I even returned one pair 2x's and the same result on the exchanged pairs.

Maybe bad luck but I'd never purchase another!

Now to check out those Simm's packs, thanks again Dkinla!

DarkShadow
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Now to check out those Simm's packs, thanks again Dkinla!

From experience, you can just use a plastic bag from Ralphs tied to your belt loop. No need to drop $50 on some bag.

That's how guys on the Santa Ana River were doing last week! They never lost one PowerBait™ jar and kept their trout fresh for the frying pan.

Homefish
11-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I've heard that the discount works on the Shimano Stradic Ci4 that's on sale at tacklewarehouse. After addt'l 20% discount and CA tax... Total about $163 shipped for the Stradic Ci4 2500

It's true...it's true!! I got two!!
Hey dk,
Thanks for share'n all the great deals you find. I orderd 2 late Wednesday night/early a.m. Thursday & got them in my hand around noon today! Also got 2 free Tackle Warehouse t-shirts w/my order(1 of which is yours if you want it)!
Thank you sir,
Homefish

dkinla
11-23-2013, 09:53 PM
It's true...it's true!! I got two!!
Hey dk,
Thanks for share'n all the great deals you find. I orderd 2 late Wednesday night/early a.m. Thursday & got them in my hand around noon today! Also got 2 free Tackle Warehouse t-shirts w/my order(1 of which is yours if you want it)!
Thank you sir,
Homefish

Awesome man! I love those Stradic Ci4 reels... I have a few of 'em already :Wink: I mostly have the 3000 size reels for surf fishing... and I recently picked up the Ci4+ 3000 reel also from ALF a little while ago.

...and I have a few of those TW T-shirts also over the past 3 years :LOL: You keep the T-shirts and wear'em out while fishing!

DarkShadow
11-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Watch out for those Hodgman waders! The 2 times I purchased Hodgman's that were on sale/closeout on that website they fell apart quicker than any I've ever purchased.

Yet I see them constantly posted on Classifieds.

The worst part? Selling them for higher than you got them on clearance.

For shame.

seal
11-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Yet I see them constantly posted on Classifieds.

The worst part? Selling them for higher than you got them on clearance.

For shame.

Hey or a Go Pro for trade!

DarkShadow
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Hey or a Go Pro for trade!

My fav?

Selling a reel for $100, then seeing THE EXACT REEL posted again on the Classifieds from the same person I sold it to for $50 more. At least post it using a different screen name, will ya!?

inlandghia
11-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey thanks for posting these deals...! much appreciated !!!

EL JEFE
11-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Also, just noticed that the Cabela's deluxe reel case gear bag went up from $14.88 to $29.99 now...

Bummer, I just saw this and wanted to order two :(