PDA

View Full Version : Dow Doubles on Obama's Watch

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Hate the President, thinks he can't do anything right. Sound familiar, well you are not alone. Unless you were investing in the stock market. When Obama took office in 2008 the Dow was at 7,995 points. Today the Dow closed at 15,976, that's double folks in a little over 5 years. If you've got 401k's tied to the stock market, or your childrens college fund invested in stocks. This President just made you a wheel barrel full money. Love him or hate him, you can't take this away from him!!!!!!!!

cutbait
11-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Most idiotic thing you have posted to date

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Most idiotic thing you have posted to date

I take you didn't have any stocks!!!!!!! lol

City Dad
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh, boy, Hilary is polishing here acceptance speech right now!

cutbait
11-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Japan also had a tsunami under Obama watch.

Safe bet Japan isn't supporting Obama now

cutbait
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Miami heat have back to back titles under Obamas watch.

Safe bet Lebron is supporting Obama

cutbait
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Gasoline has doubled under Obama..

I take it Etuck its not his fault however?

cutbait
11-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Two new popes under Obama.

Obama is really hard on those popes

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Good responses Cutbait!!!!!! I can't wait till HawgZ and DocRat see the post, I can't wait for their comments!!!!! Now if only Dev would come back, I miss being called Frenchy!!!!!!

cutbait
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Good responses Cutbait!!!!!! I can't wait till HawgZ and DocRat see the post, I can't wait for their comments!!!!! Now if only Dev would come back, I miss being called Frenchy!!!!!!

Should I bring up national debt or unemployment?

P.A.W.
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
The president has absolutely nothing to do with the market. Nothing. Inflation? Yep. National debt (record high)? You bet.

HawgZWylde
11-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Hate the President, thinks he can't do anything right. Sound familiar, well you are not alone. Unless you were investing in the stock market. When Obama took office in 2008 the Dow was at 7,995 points. Today the Dow closed at 15,976, that's double folks in a little over 5 years. If you've got 401k's tied to the stock market, or your childrens college fund invested in stocks. This President just made you a wheel barrel full money. Love him or hate him, you can't take this away from him!!!!!!!!

Lol, nananaNAnanaaaa. Psssst, hey tucky, why don't you educate us on exactly how and why that stock market is so high, and how it's affecting the value of the dollar. You started the thread dude but you didn't give us any info to go on. So please explain...

*Edit*

Also, please tell us what the stock market was doing just prior to the crash of the Great Depression...

HawgZWylde
11-18-2013, 06:00 PM

Dude, you are a masochist man...

HawgZWylde
11-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Queeeee Queeeee Queeeee................

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Lol, nananaNAnanaaaa. Psssst, hey tucky, why don't you educate us on exactly how and why that stock market is so high, and how it's affecting the value of the dollar. You started the thread dude but you didn't give us any info to go on. So please explain...

*Edit*

Also, please tell us what the stock market was doing just prior to the crash of the Great Depression...
Try giving me a hard question next time. The stock market went so high because of ALL THE CRONY CAPITALISM going on. Remember it's supported by Washington!!!!!!!!!!!

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
The president has absolutely nothing to do with the market. Nothing. Inflation? Yep. National debt (record high)? You bet.

That's like saying Ronald Reagan had nothing to do with winning the Cold War!!!!!!

etucker1959
11-18-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry all you fellas out there, didn't have any faith in the Black guy, that he would make you a ton of money in the Stock Market. Remember he did win a Noble Peace Prize his first few months in office!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Frenchy you are full of “Bovine Excrement” and that is being more than polite. Obama had nothing to do with the Market rise it was Ben and the Fed with QE working to save the economy from 0mama’s failed stimulus.

If you were fully invested in the market at it’s high and stayed fully invested you would have broken even today less what you lost due to inflation. Most people did not stay in the market so millions lost money that they will never see again. It was unusual as all asset classes including Bonds suffered losses. Trillions were lost and big investors (banks, insurance, CALPERS, State and Municipal retirement and Union funds) also took huge losses.

QE1- QE3 to QE infinity has been the sole reason for the Stock Market rise as the underlying numbers do not equate for the rise. We are presently in a bubble because of the FED and QE, when rumors weeks ago of the Fed tapering the market dropped only to rise when the Fed said it would continue QE. Combining the current P/E of over 19 for the S&P 500 and a return on sales about 42% over the historical average, we would get an estimate that the S&P 500 is approximately 75% overvalued."

The Fed and QE has devalued the dollar around 20% due to QE. As you know or maybe you don’t OPEC, Gold and Silver is traded in Dollars which accounts for 20% of the price runup and if the Dollar continues to decline while only being held up by the poor EU and Asia economy it’s going to get real ugly. If we fail to get the Deficit under real control we risk losing the Dollar as the World Reserve Currency and if that happens it’s game over.

At the height of the last market I was fully invested in the market with brokerage accounts at Fidelity Investments and Wells Fargo Advisors. I took all of my Capital gains out of my portfolios and held them in cash before the market crashed. My remaining original principal lost around 200K. Now after five years I have gained that back, not counting the loss for inflation and the value of time (rule of 72) and I now have only around 5% of my holding’s in stock. My investments are all in other financial instruments and are returning .5 to 1% a month with very very little down side risk and I have NO money in Government Securities.

If you follow trading volumes the past five years it has been very low, simply put most investors did not reenter the market after the lows. A huge number of investors took their cash and entered the Real Estate repo market as cash flow was once again king and money could be leveraged to double digit returns with little risk.

No investor that I know or any of my financial advisors have any faith in 0bama doing the right thing to improve the economy, none, nil, zip, zero. The Market is a huge bubble once again and the correction will be larger than last time and when it happens I will take the cash that I have on the side line and buy, but not until then (my guess is late 2014 to mid 2015) before the Market reaches real sanity.

Since massive currency devaluation (otherwise dressed up in flowery terms by bankers as “quantitative easing”) is holding up the Stock Market any tapering will cause an upheaval in the market and Bonds will rise exponentially. The Fed is between a rock and a hard spot how do they taper QE without interest rates rising and killing any recovery and ballooning the interest on the US Debt and causing default if the budget is not reigned in to offset interest rates.

Once again 0bama had nothing to do with the Market gains it's ALL because of the Fed and QE to infinity. It's going to be a very dangerous and rocky road ahead and I believe NO budget agreement will be reached and it will be only continuing resolutions passed on the budget until 0bama leaves office. The final nail in the recovery coffin or burial of the economy is when the reality of 0bamaCare damage finally sinks in for consumers.

DockRat
11-19-2013, 08:21 AM
DID YOU KNOW;
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/hollyla1/P1010064.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/hollyla1/media/P1010064.jpg.html)
That under Obama's watch Mammoth Mountain set a new record ?
The resort had recieved a season-total of 589 inches in 2011.

Mammoth had received 540 inches of the white stuff for the 2010-11 season, with 112 inches having fallen in March. Up to a foot was expected by day's end. That'd bring the total to 552 inches.

Since Mammoth began keeping records in 1969-70, the top season was 2005-06, when 578 inches (or 48 feet) fell on the resort's slopes. Mammoth didn't reach that number until May, after receiving 118 inches in April.

Etucker, isn't that great that Mammoth set that record under Obama's first term :Thumbs Up:

However, his second term was not so great for the town;

The High Sierra town of Mammoth Lakes said Monday that it filed for bankruptcy because it cannot afford to pay a $43-million breach-of-contract judgment against it brought by a developer.

In a prepared statement, Mammoth Lakes officials said "bankruptcy, unfortunately, is the only option left" for the town, whose largest creditor, Mammoth Lakes Land Acquisition, had won a state court order requiring full payment by June 30, 2012.

Facing a judgment nearly three times the size of its annual operating budget and a $2.8-million shortfall in its 2011-12 fiscal year, the town had already cut many services and asked employees to take reductions in pay. Compounding problems, the adjacent Mammoth Mountain ski resort was forced to lay off 70 full-time employees last year due to a dearth of snow.

DEVOREFLYER
11-19-2013, 08:24 AM
It's just another "SNOW JOB" from the pResident, stay tuned more to follow.

Stormcrow
11-19-2013, 08:41 AM
You sound like the Poster-boy for MSNBC....Either that, or the Poster-boy for birth control. Maybe both...

etucker1959
11-19-2013, 09:02 AM
You sound like the Poster-boy for MSNBC....Either that, or the Poster-boy for birth control. Maybe both...

I guess that thread in the DVL section got you all fired up. lol

seal
11-19-2013, 09:03 AM
DID YOU KNOW;
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/hollyla1/P1010064.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/hollyla1/media/P1010064.jpg.html)
That under Obama's watch Mammoth Mountain set a new record ?
The resort had recieved a season-total of 589 inches in 2011.

Mammoth had received 540 inches of the white stuff for the 2010-11 season, with 112 inches having fallen in March. Up to a foot was expected by day's end. That'd bring the total to 552 inches.

Since Mammoth began keeping records in 1969-70, the top season was 2005-06, when 578 inches (or 48 feet) fell on the resort's slopes. Mammoth didn't reach that number until May, after receiving 118 inches in April.

Etucker, isn't that great that Mammoth set that record under Obama's first term :Thumbs Up:

However, his second term was not so great for the town;

The High Sierra town of Mammoth Lakes said Monday that it filed for bankruptcy because it cannot afford to pay a $43-million breach-of-contract judgment against it brought by a developer.

In a prepared statement, Mammoth Lakes officials said "bankruptcy, unfortunately, is the only option left" for the town, whose largest creditor, Mammoth Lakes Land Acquisition, had won a state court order requiring full payment by June 30, 2012.

Facing a judgment nearly three times the size of its annual operating budget and a $2.8-million shortfall in its 2011-12 fiscal year, the town had already cut many services and asked employees to take reductions in pay. Compounding problems, the adjacent Mammoth Mountain ski resort was forced to lay off 70 full-time employees last year due to a dearth of snow.

Too much snow = Global warming
Too little snow = Global warming

etucker1959
11-19-2013, 09:19 AM
People people everything you said is all true. However you are missing one very important point. President Obama didn't do ANYTHING EXTREMELY STUPID to hurt our economy in the short run. Some would argue that when he took office from little Bush, his actions avoided a DEPRESSION!!!!!!!! Now let's talk about the 2016 Presidential race, if Hillary doesn't run it's a wide open contest. The Republicans could win, but who would be their candidate?????? This would be a perfect time for HawgZY to tell us which Republicans he would want to see in there!!!!!! Can you guess where I'm going with this???????? Put an extremist in the Presidency and have them implement THEIR POLICIES and watch what the Stock Market does. If that did happen, you CAN'T SAY THE PRESIDENT'S ACTIONS DOESN'T EFFECT THE STOCK MARKET!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Frenchy ya just can't get over or past that "Blame Bush" stuff can ya. Keep up the "LEG HUMPIN" for the pResident ya DICK HEAD!!!!!! You got the biggest EXTREAMIST in office right now and the "BIGGEST LIER" ever!!!!!!!

etucker1959
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Too much snow = Global warming
Too little snow = Global warming

That's the tricky thing about climate change it does BOTH!!!!!!!!!

etucker1959
11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Frenchy ya just can't get over or past that "Blame Bush" stuff can ya. Keep up the "LEG HUMPIN" for the pResident ya DICK HEAD!!!!!! You got the biggest EXTREAMIST in office right now and the "BIGGEST LIER" ever!!!!!!!

Biggest extremist com-on, if HawZY is man enough to admit who he would want to see be the President in 2016. That is probably the biggest extremist you would ever see win the Presidency!!!!!

seal
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
That's the tricky thing about climate change it does BOTH!!!!!!!!!

I like the cherry kind.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/sealfishing/koolaid-good_zps5ab69108.png (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/sealfishing/media/koolaid-good_zps5ab69108.png.html)

City Dad
11-19-2013, 10:02 AM
The way things are going, Chris Christie will be the Democratic presidential candidate and the reanimated body of John Wilks Booth will be the GOP candidate.

DarkShadow
11-19-2013, 10:09 AM
... and the reanimated body of John Wilkes Booth will be the GOP candidate.

He IS polling well in the South...

City Dad
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
He IS polling well in the South...

it's about time secessionists had a voice in this country!

HawgZWylde
11-19-2013, 10:02 PM
People people everything you said is all true. However you are missing one very important point. President Obama didn't do ANYTHING EXTREMELY STUPID to hurt our economy in the short run. Some would argue that when he took office from little Bush, his actions avoided a DEPRESSION!!!!!!!! Now let's talk about the 2016 Presidential race, if Hillary doesn't run it's a wide open contest. The Republicans could win, but who would be their candidate?????? This would be a perfect time for HawgZY to tell us which Republicans he would want to see in there!!!!!! Can you guess where I'm going with this???????? Put an extremist in the Presidency and have them implement THEIR POLICIES and watch what the Stock Market does. If that did happen, you CAN'T SAY THE PRESIDENT'S ACTIONS DOESN'T EFFECT THE STOCK MARKET!!!!!

Alex Jones for president!!!...Rev. Manning can be his V.P...

HawgZWylde
11-19-2013, 10:03 PM

Lol, both...

DEVOREFLYER
11-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Frenchy might just be the "Late Term Abortion" I could agree on!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey Frenchy how do you like this from Forbes today. Supports what I said about the Market and the Fed ya think.

Bernanke Fed Has No Clue How To Taper QE Without Tanking The Market: FOMC Minutes

The Federal Reserve released the minutes for their October FOMC meeting, in which they decided to keep QE going at full force. The minutes reveal intense discussion about how to taper the asset purchase program without spooking the market, an outcome they experienced through the summer after Chairman Ben Bernanke indicated tapering could occur before the end of the year.
Ben Bernanke’s term is ending in early 2014, yet his QE program’s future is uncertain – Photo credit: University of Michigan’s Ford School
FOMC members even discussed the possibility of introducing other forms of accommodations to offset less QE, and possibly adopting a “calendar based step-down.” Still, with financial conditions having “eased notably” and the labor market continuing to very gradually improve, the Fed could still be on track to taper. Janet Yellen’s role as potential successor to Ben Bernanke wasn’t mentioned. It’s still all about quantitative easing at the Fed. The minutes for the October 29 and 30 FOMC meeting revealed the nation’s top economic policymakers are still scratching their heads, trying to figure out how to cut back on the monetary easing without causing a dramatic tightening of financial conditions. The decision not to taper in September led to “declines in longer-term interest rates and increased equity values,” as investors “moved out the date at which they expected to see the Committee first increase the federal funds rate target.”
Bernanke & Co. are still trying to figure out how to truly dissociate tapering from hiking rates. Market movements indicate investors can’t separate the two when it comes to deciding to allocate capital:
One possible explanation for this view was an inference on the part of investors that a change in asset purchases reflected a change in the Committee’s outlook for the economy, which would be associated with adjustments in both the purchase program and the expected path of policy rates; another was a perspective that a change in asset purchases would be read as providing information about the willingness of the Committee to pursue its economic objectives with both tools.
This poses a major policy challenge, as the Fed looks to wind-down QE in order to avoid massive asset bubbles, yet keep interest rates at record lows in order to support what has been a tepid economic recovery. The Fed’s ultra low rates have supported vehicle sales, as Ford and General Motors GM -0.84% can attest, and the housing market, with homebuilders like KB Home and Toll Brothers TOL -0.69% seeing their shares go through the roof. Yet, continued QE has the potential to lead to “distortions in credit allocation,” the Fed said.
The FOMC noted the outlook hadn’t changed from the September meeting, and this means tapering is in the cards relatively soon. “[FOMC participants] generally expected that the data would prove consistent with the Committee’s outlook for ongoing improvement in labor market conditions and would thus warrant trimming the pace of purchases in coming months.”
With the market seemingly addicted to the Fed’s monetary stimulus, it remains a major challenge to figure out how to taper. FOMC member noted that if they are cutting back on the monetary cool aid due to fears over financial stability, or asset bubbles, “it would need to communicate effectively about those other criteria,” as opposed to about labor market improvements.
They looked at several potential mechanisms for communicating the taper effectively. Using a “simple mechanical room” tied to the unemployment rate, a timetable or total size of remaining purchases, a calendar-based step-down, and different distributions of cutting down from the Treasury and residential mortgage-backed security side. At the end, they chose to give themselves a little more time to see how the economy plays itself out going forward.

DockRat
11-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey Frenchy how do you like this from Forbes today. Supports what I said about the Market and the Fed ya think.

Bernanke Fed Has No Clue How To Taper QE Without Tanking The Market: FOMC Minutes

The Federal Reserve released the minutes for their October FOMC meeting, in which they decided to keep QE going at full force. The minutes reveal intense discussion about how to taper the asset purchase program without spooking the market, an outcome they experienced through the summer after Chairman Ben Bernanke indicated tapering could occur before the end of the year.
Ben Bernanke’s term is ending in early 2014, yet his QE program’s future is uncertain – Photo credit: University of Michigan’s Ford School
FOMC members even discussed the possibility of introducing other forms of accommodations to offset less QE, and possibly adopting a “calendar based step-down.” Still, with financial conditions having “eased notably” and the labor market continuing to very gradually improve, the Fed could still be on track to taper. Janet Yellen’s role as potential successor to Ben Bernanke wasn’t mentioned. It’s still all about quantitative easing at the Fed. The minutes for the October 29 and 30 FOMC meeting revealed the nation’s top economic policymakers are still scratching their heads, trying to figure out how to cut back on the monetary easing without causing a dramatic tightening of financial conditions. The decision not to taper in September led to “declines in longer-term interest rates and increased equity values,” as investors “moved out the date at which they expected to see the Committee first increase the federal funds rate target.”
Bernanke & Co. are still trying to figure out how to truly dissociate tapering from hiking rates. Market movements indicate investors can’t separate the two when it comes to deciding to allocate capital:
One possible explanation for this view was an inference on the part of investors that a change in asset purchases reflected a change in the Committee’s outlook for the economy, which would be associated with adjustments in both the purchase program and the expected path of policy rates; another was a perspective that a change in asset purchases would be read as providing information about the willingness of the Committee to pursue its economic objectives with both tools.
This poses a major policy challenge, as the Fed looks to wind-down QE in order to avoid massive asset bubbles, yet keep interest rates at record lows in order to support what has been a tepid economic recovery. The Fed’s ultra low rates have supported vehicle sales, as Ford and General Motors GM -0.84% can attest, and the housing market, with homebuilders like KB Home and Toll Brothers TOL -0.69% seeing their shares go through the roof. Yet, continued QE has the potential to lead to “distortions in credit allocation,” the Fed said.
The FOMC noted the outlook hadn’t changed from the September meeting, and this means tapering is in the cards relatively soon. “[FOMC participants] generally expected that the data would prove consistent with the Committee’s outlook for ongoing improvement in labor market conditions and would thus warrant trimming the pace of purchases in coming months.”
With the market seemingly addicted to the Fed’s monetary stimulus, it remains a major challenge to figure out how to taper. FOMC member noted that if they are cutting back on the monetary cool aid due to fears over financial stability, or asset bubbles, “it would need to communicate effectively about those other criteria,” as opposed to about labor market improvements.
They looked at several potential mechanisms for communicating the taper effectively. Using a “simple mechanical room” tied to the unemployment rate, a timetable or total size of remaining purchases, a calendar-based step-down, and different distributions of cutting down from the Treasury and residential mortgage-backed security side. At the end, they chose to give themselves a little more time to see how the economy plays itself out going forward.
Did you just C/P ?

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/florains/public/CopyPasteTwins.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/florains/media/public/CopyPasteTwins.jpg.html)

DEVOREFLYER
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Yip I did and mentioned the source "Forbes". Frenchy aka etucker get's all "cricket's" when hit in the face with facts to prove him wrong, typical of a leg humper for the pResident..

DockRat
11-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Typical of a leg humper for the pResident..http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/TheFreedomPost/ObamaChrisMatthews.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/TheFreedomPost/media/ObamaChrisMatthews.jpg.html)http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/train1284/humdog_thu.gif

etucker1959
11-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Yip I did and mentioned the source "Forbes". Frenchy aka etucker get's all "cricket's" when hit in the face with facts to prove him wrong, typical of a leg humper for the pResident..
Crickets do not live in my house. (My cats eat them) lol I broke my own rule and read the WHOLE C/P article that you posted.
Worst 3 minutes of my life. (Even worse then those magic mountain rides) Well what's your point??????? If the Feds don't continual pump money into the economy by Q3 or something we are in trouble. I know we are in trouble!!!!!!!! Haven't you been paying attention!!!!! lol

DEVOREFLYER
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
No a-zz hat my previous post's prove that the pResident had NOTHING to do with the Stock Market High as you claimed. What part of those posts don't you understand? The average reading level in the US is eighth grade fourth month, I guess yours is a little lower eh? Your total lack of comprehension of financial issues and markets is stunning and you claim to hold an MBA, where did you get it? My guess is out of a "Cracker Jack Box".

etucker1959
11-20-2013, 07:47 PM
No a-zz hat my previous post's prove that the pResident had NOTHING to do with the Stock Market High as you claimed. What part of those posts don't you understand? The average reading level in the US is eighth grade fourth month, I guess yours is a little lower eh? Your total lack of comprehension of financial issues and markets is stunning and you claim to hold an MBA, where did you get it? My guess is out of a "Cracker Jack Box".
Look the bottom line is this. Presidents get the credit or the blame on what happens on their watch. If I was to ask Hawggy does Ronald Reagan deserve to get any CREDIT for the end of the Cold War or the fall of Communism???????? I would bet he would say yes!!!!!! You could make the same argument, that the fall of Communism had nothing to do with what Ronald Reagan did. Let's go back to the 1920's and early 1930's We had the roaring 20's life was good, the stock market went crazy. WE ALSO HAD 3 REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS IN A ROW!!!!! What is one of the Republican's favorite attitudes towards business and Regulations?????? A HANDS OFF POLICY is the correct answer. Did that attitude contribute to the Stock Market crash of 1929????? I say it did!!!!! In 2016 a Republican Candidate might win the Presidency. If the President starts going STUPID with some crazy policies and the Stock Market tanks. ARE YOU GOING TO STAND HERE AND SAY, "PRESIDENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STOCK MARKET?????" That's only 3 years away, and I'll be watching you!!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-20-2013, 09:21 PM
You will be watching me? You really have gone over the edge and are nuttier than a fruit cake, now you think your the NSA. Keep watching Frenchy and don't forget to look in your rear view mirror, ya wouldn't want me to sneak up on ya when ya weren't lookin' would ya?

I'm gonna put you back on my ignore list.

fly addict
11-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Gee, let me get this straight, the stock market is at an all-time high and it is because of Obamas policies. Then why is his approval rating at an all-time low?

etucker1959
11-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Gee, let me get this straight, the stock market is at an all-time high and it is because of Obamas policies. Then why is his approval rating at an all-time low?
It could be worse, Obama approval rating and the STOCK MARKET could both be at an all time low!!!!

etucker1959
11-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Didn't any of you people buy a bunch of stocks when it hit a low after little Bush left office?????????? Or is making a bunch of money against yous people's Religion?????? Is hating Obama worth more to you people, then to have a more comfortable retirement??? Especially when every future Republican Presidential Candidate will talk about cutting entitlements. Let me translate that to you in English. Your Social Security check will be slashed, your Medicare care deduction will double. In effect you will be living off of your children or eating Dog food take your pick!!!!!! I hope hating Obama was worth it !!!!!!!!!

fly addict
11-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I’m in the stock market for the long run and didn’t buy any new stocks when Obama took over. I did buy some gold when he became President and sold 90% of it last year for a nice return.
I posted on the other Obama thread that my health insurance policy was cancelled. A few years ago I had my accountant rearrange my income when I retired at age 50, based on advice from my financial adviser. It looks like it is going to pay off when it comes to buying insurance on the exchange, I’ll be saving 80% based on my old premiums. I don’t think Obama had me in mind when he created the exchange and subsidized premium payments.
And I don’t think any Republican candidate or President would ever try to pass any draconian cuts to S S or Medicare. That would be political suicide for him and the Republicans.

etucker1959
11-22-2013, 06:55 PM
I’m in the stock market for the long run and didn’t buy any new stocks when Obama took over. I did buy some gold when he became President and sold 90% of it last year for a nice return.
I posted on the other Obama thread that my health insurance policy was cancelled. A few years ago I had my accountant rearrange my income when I retired at age 50, based on advice from my financial adviser. It looks like it is going to pay off when it comes to buying insurance on the exchange, I’ll be saving 80% based on my old premiums. I don’t think Obama had me in mind when he created the exchange and subsidized premium payments.
And I don’t think any Republican candidate or President would ever try to pass any draconian cuts to S S or Medicare. That would be political suicide for him and the Republicans.

Good for you!!!!!! I'm glad you made a lot of good decisions in your life that you could retire at 50. As for Republican candidates never going after SS or Medicare I don't know about that. Why don't we ask our Conservative friend on this board MR.HAWGYZ that question, What about it?????????????

DockRat
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Etucker, check out the chart at the below website. Thoughts ?
DR

Wall Streeters Are Starting To Pass Around This Chart Showing The Market On The Cusp Of A Big Crash

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-comparing-now-to-great-depression-crash-2013-11#ixzz2lX6dQuds

etucker1959
11-23-2013, 08:24 PM
DR

Wall Streeters Are Starting To Pass Around This Chart Showing The Market On The Cusp Of A Big Crash

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-comparing-now-to-great-depression-crash-2013-11#ixzz2lX6dQuds

Roger that!!!!!

HawgZWylde
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM
DR

Dev has posted a couple of very good posts regarding Wall Street here on this thread. I doubt "others" here could even begin to understand what he wrote. I had to read it a couple of times to get a good grasp. The difference between then and now is the government's QE is holding the market up. When that stops, the market will tank as there is nothing going to keep it up. But continue QE, and the nation will pay dearly in the not so far future as the printing of un-backed dollars continues it's devaluation. Many countries are threatening to drop, and some have already dropped the dollar as it's reserve currency. If the petro producers drop it, we're screwed big time. Actually, either way we are screwed. Very soon, the piper will come calling...

etucker1959
11-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Roger that!!!!!

I saw it, the similarities are the same but their offering no reason to say why it should go down!! Let's talk about the history of the stock market in the 20's. In the 1920's stocks were run up by pure speculation. What do I mean by that????? DockRat let's say you owned a company that made a good product, but only made $1,000,000 a year in earnings, So your stock should be worth $100 a share. They were speculating so much that your company's stock was trading at $1000 a share. Your company's product or earning potential wasn't worth $1000 a share. Couple that with people were able to buy on margin (Pay as little of 10% of their own money up front) eventually people figured that out and started selling their stocks all at once for the profits in their stocks. When they started selling they had margin calls. (a margin call is when they ask for the other 90% of the money) When the people didn't have the money, the stocks dropped further. Hence we had a stock market collapse. Today the stock market is much different. Companies values are based on their true earnings. (Think Apple) When they came up with the iphone or ipad they had a winner!!!! People were buying their stocks because they were making money. Hence their stock prices kept going up!!!! I could write tons more about the Feds pumping money into the economy, but hopefully you get the idea.

harlanx1
11-23-2013, 09:26 PM
But because they have been printing money non-stop since he took office that wheel barrow is only worth a coffee can great logic tuck.

etucker1959
11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
But because they have been printing money non-stop since he took office that wheel barrow is only worth a coffee can great logic tuck.
The money is real now!!!!!! You can't take that away from the present, in the future I am on the side of Fiscal Sanity!!!!!!!!! So go back to some of my original statements, "is hating Obama now, worth more to you then to have a better future for your family???????"

etucker1959
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM

In many instances of History, it did take a wheel barrow full of money to buy what you could put in a coffee can. That's called Hyper Inflation!!!!!! Last time I checked 3 seconds ago, were not there yet by a long ways!!!!!!

DockRat
11-24-2013, 08:29 AM
People were buying their stocks because they were making money. Hence their stock prices kept going up!!!! I could write tons more about the Feds pumping money into the economy, but hopefully you get the idea.

I have stocks in the 401.

Remember 2006 - 2008 All the people buying houses thinking it would keep going up and up ?

:LOL:

How about when Gold was $1800 -$1900

All the people thinking it would hit $4000 :LOL:
I have a few friends that lost thereASS and are sitting and waiting for recovery.
They were calling me telling me to buy gold. Lol
I told them I was waiting for it to hit $800, then buy gold.
They called me coo coo saying it would never drop that low. I'm still waiting for that $800 mark. $1100 the other day :LOL:
My buddy spent his lives savings and spent over $100 k when it was $1800 :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The same could be true with the stock market. BUY NOW, LOOSE yourASS LATER.
NEVER BUY AT A PEAK ! :Secret: Big Secret, lol :LOL:
DR

DockRat
11-24-2013, 08:46 AM
I saw it, the similarities are the same but their offering no reason to say why it should go down!!

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why
Saturday, 23 Nov 2013 08:52 AM
By Newsmax Wires
Share:
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

Editor’s Note: .

Before you dismiss the possibility of a 90% drop in the stock market as unrealistic, consider Wiedemer’s credentials.

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States. They published their research in the book America’s Bubble Economy.

The book quickly grabbed headlines for its accuracy in predicting what many thought would never happen, and quickly established Wiedemer as a trusted voice.

A columnist at Dow Jones said the book was “one of those rare finds that not only predicted the subprime credit meltdown well in advance, it offered Main Street investors a winning strategy that helped avoid the forty percent losses that followed . . .”

The chief investment strategist at Standard & Poor’s said that Wiedemer’s track record “demands our attention.”

And finally, the former CFO of Goldman Sachs said Wiedemer’s “prescience in (his) first book lends credence to the new warnings. This book deserves our attention.”

In the interview for his latest blockbuster Aftershock, Wiedemer says the 90% drop in the stock market is “a worst-case scenario,” and the host quickly challenged this claim.

Wiedemer calmly laid out a clear explanation of why a large drop of some sort is a virtual certainty.

It starts with the reckless strategy of the Federal Reserve to print a massive amount of money out of thin air in an attempt to stimulate the economy.

“These funds haven’t made it into the markets and the economy yet. But it is a mathematical certainty that once the dam breaks, and this money passes through the reserves and hits the markets, inflation will surge,” said Wiedemer.

“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”

See the Proof: .

And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:

“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”

No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.

But Main Street investors don’t have to see their investment and retirement accounts decimated for the second time in five years.

Wiedemer’s video interview also contains a comprehensive blueprint for economic survival that’s really commanding global attention.

Now viewed over 40 million times, it was initially screened for a relatively small, private audience. But the overwhelming amount of feedback from viewers who felt the interview should be widely publicized came with consequences, as various online networks repeatedly shut it down and affiliates refused to house the content.

“People were sitting up and taking notice, and they begged us to make the interview public so they could easily share it,” said Newsmax Financial Publisher Aaron DeHoog.

“Our real concern,” DeHoog added, “is the effect even if only half of Wiedemer’s predictions come true.

“That’s a scary thought for sure. But we want the average American to be prepared, and that is why we will continue to push this video to as many outlets as we can. We want the word to spread.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=FE8A-1#ixzz2lZT9xHyS

etucker1959
11-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why
Saturday, 23 Nov 2013 08:52 AM
By Newsmax Wires
Share:
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

Editor’s Note: .

Before you dismiss the possibility of a 90% drop in the stock market as unrealistic, consider Wiedemer’s credentials.

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States. They published their research in the book America’s Bubble Economy.

The book quickly grabbed headlines for its accuracy in predicting what many thought would never happen, and quickly established Wiedemer as a trusted voice.

A columnist at Dow Jones said the book was “one of those rare finds that not only predicted the subprime credit meltdown well in advance, it offered Main Street investors a winning strategy that helped avoid the forty percent losses that followed . . .”

The chief investment strategist at Standard & Poor’s said that Wiedemer’s track record “demands our attention.”

And finally, the former CFO of Goldman Sachs said Wiedemer’s “prescience in (his) first book lends credence to the new warnings. This book deserves our attention.”

In the interview for his latest blockbuster Aftershock, Wiedemer says the 90% drop in the stock market is “a worst-case scenario,” and the host quickly challenged this claim.

Wiedemer calmly laid out a clear explanation of why a large drop of some sort is a virtual certainty.

It starts with the reckless strategy of the Federal Reserve to print a massive amount of money out of thin air in an attempt to stimulate the economy.

“These funds haven’t made it into the markets and the economy yet. But it is a mathematical certainty that once the dam breaks, and this money passes through the reserves and hits the markets, inflation will surge,” said Wiedemer.

“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”

See the Proof: .

And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:

“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”

No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.

But Main Street investors don’t have to see their investment and retirement accounts decimated for the second time in five years.

Wiedemer’s video interview also contains a comprehensive blueprint for economic survival that’s really commanding global attention.

Now viewed over 40 million times, it was initially screened for a relatively small, private audience. But the overwhelming amount of feedback from viewers who felt the interview should be widely publicized came with consequences, as various online networks repeatedly shut it down and affiliates refused to house the content.

“People were sitting up and taking notice, and they begged us to make the interview public so they could easily share it,” said Newsmax Financial Publisher Aaron DeHoog.

“Our real concern,” DeHoog added, “is the effect even if only half of Wiedemer’s predictions come true.

“That’s a scary thought for sure. But we want the average American to be prepared, and that is why we will continue to push this video to as many outlets as we can. We want the word to spread.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=FE8A-1#ixzz2lZT9xHyS

DockRat, I read the whole thing, if this guy was a fighter his opponent would say, "YOU GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!" If the Author's claim to fame is predicting the housing bubble was to burst. NO DUH!!!!!!!!! A blind man could have seen that coming!!!!!! I don't know how astute our audience is about why Real Estate prices fell. In a nut shell, they rose because of Stated Income Loans and gimmick mortgage payment schedules. (Think teaser rates on your mortgage payments for the first 2 years.) and fell when reality stepped in. The Author also loses credibility with me, when he talks about a 10% inflation rate. I don't see that happening any time soon. So why are these Billionaires dumping their stocks?????? Only they know for sure, maybe their just dragging some profits???? Remember they got to be Billionaires by not being Stupid!!!!! Here is one scary thought, these Billionaires might not have any faith in our Congress to do the right things!!!!! Such as passing the debt ceiling Bill every time it comes due. I guess if I was them, I wouldn't want SOME DUMB ARSE TEA BAGGER, who's as dumb as a rock on Economic matters, hold the key's to my fortune in the stock market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!