PDA

View Full Version : Glen helen...

Vies
11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Took some time with my Popps to get some fishing in or (at least) get my fishing line wet for the day 11/16.

Tackle used: Lip Ripperz multiple colrs with/without bobbers from 9- 11:30am and Absolutely got skunked!!!

Seems everyone else was hitting but me.. i think i threw ever kind of lip Ripperz they had with dip too! So i decided to take a break and headed home..

Got back @ 2pm to try again.. threw some plastics with different colors and still.....Nada.. But again...everyone else was catching! Geez.

Anyways, ended the day with 0 but met up with an Asian dude name Dave...which he almost caught the skunk but ended up giving me his first catch.

what a rough Saturday...

i guess thats why its called Fishing and not Catching!! lol

this has been my 2nd week trying to get trout.. but failed horribly. But hey... my lines were wet and it sure does beat having to work today!

I shall keep my head up and try for another day.....

Fish on my fellow mates!

-V

chico
11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
hey vies, this is dave. the dude that gave you the fish. anyhow, hope to seeya out there again. btw, caught a couple more just as the lake was closing. the kid next to me caught a 3.5lber as we were leaving.

Troutin Man
11-19-2013, 10:26 PM
I haven't had luck using Lip Ripperz as bait. If you are using a carolina rig, Lip Ripperz don't float so they sink and sit on the bottom...a complete waste of time cuz trout will not be interested. Lip Ripperz jigs have been somewhat good for me but there is better. Mice tails float well if you are going for a plastic that floats. Use a size 10 mosquito hook. Dip it in Bite On Garlic or Crimson Garlic or Roe scent and it works pretty well. The color will be dependent on what the fish want. The length of leader also is important. If no fish on after a bit, change the leader length until you get some nibblin' action. If not, move spots and throw again. Powerbait works well, but I especially like GULP...anything chunky.

When you are changing your leader, it is great if you are using a Carolina Keeper. This takes the place of a swivel. You can just move the Carolina Keeper up and down the line just by squeezing it with pliers. The slit opens and you can move your fishing line through without having to retie swivels, etc.

I don't like to hear/see people get skunked on multiple trips so I hope this helps at least just a bit.

KidTrout
11-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Took some time with my Popps to get some fishing in or (at least) get my fishing line wet for the day 11/16.

Tackle used: Lip Ripperz multiple colrs with/without bobbers from 9- 11:30am and Absolutely got skunked!!!

Seems everyone else was hitting but me.. i think i threw ever kind of lip Ripperz they had with dip too! So i decided to take a break and headed home..

Got back @ 2pm to try again.. threw some plastics with different colors and still.....Nada.. But again...everyone else was catching! Geez.

Anyways, ended the day with 0 but met up with an Asian dude name Dave...which he almost caught the skunk but ended up giving me his first catch.

what a rough Saturday...

i guess thats why its called Fishing and not Catching!! lol

this has been my 2nd week trying to get trout.. but failed horribly. But hey... my lines were wet and it sure does beat having to work today!

I shall keep my head up and try for another day.....

Fish on my fellow mates!

-V

Caught my limit by 11 on Sunday using a split shot chartreuse wacky styled worm. Just slowly worked it it and it worked alright.

Vies
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
hey vies, this is dave. the dude that gave you the fish. anyhow, hope to seeya out there again. btw, caught a couple more just as the lake was closing. the kid next to me caught a 3.5lber as we were leaving.

Dave, your the man bro! Im gonna hit the lake again this Saturday. If your down, come join me on my Quest to finally catch! lol

Vies
11-20-2013, 05:01 PM
I haven't had luck using Lip Ripperz as bait. If you are using a carolina rig, Lip Ripperz don't float so they sink and sit on the bottom...a complete waste of time cuz trout will not be interested. Lip Ripperz jigs have been somewhat good for me but there is better. Mice tails float well if you are going for a plastic that floats. Use a size 10 mosquito hook. Dip it in Bite On Garlic or Crimson Garlic or Roe scent and it works pretty well. The color will be dependent on what the fish want. The length of leader also is important. If no fish on after a bit, change the leader length until you get some nibblin' action. If not, move spots and throw again. Powerbait works well, but I especially like GULP...anything chunky.

When you are changing your leader, it is great if you are using a Carolina Keeper. This takes the place of a swivel. You can just move the Carolina Keeper up and down the line just by squeezing it with pliers. The slit opens and you can move your fishing line through without having to retie swivels, etc.

I don't like to hear/see people get skunked on multiple trips so I hope this helps at least just a bit.

Troutin Man,

i use that technique when i go Float tubing Perris Lake but, ill give it a try on one of my pole and see if i get any luck!

thanks as i told Chico, Ill be there on Saturday.

Hope to see you there..

Vies
11-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Caught my limit by 11 on Sunday using a split shot chartreuse wacky styled worm. Just slowly worked it it and it worked alright.

Kidtrout,

keep it up ill try that too!

thanks

chico
11-21-2013, 03:26 AM
seeya there saturday
Dave, your the man bro! Im gonna hit the lake again this Saturday. If your down, come join me on my Quest to finally catch! lol

I*B*CATCHIN
11-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Don't know anything about trout but fly line a nightcrawler or use hatchery dust

smokinflies
11-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Two words...

drop shot.