PDA

View Full Version : Thursday trolling

catchingsomefish
11-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Went out to Castaic today to work on my trolling technique, focusing on a heavier U-rig for getting a little deeper, since the rentals don't come equipped with downriggers........ The skunk went away 15 seconds after my rod was in its holder, which was cool, because I really wanted to focus on where the fish were, and what depth they were at. The fish were all over the place, and in way different depths and locations than when Scott (trail blazer) and I were out 4 weeks ago, and they were way different than last week when Bob, T/O and I were out last week. The only trouble I had with the heavier rig, was trying to figure out how deep it was traveling. Consequently, I caught the bottom a bunch, but towards the end I was kinda getting it where I wanted. Beautiful day on the water, is it really November? Ended up with 7 stripers, and unfortunately 4 green carp, which was weird, because for the most part this year I have been avoiding them...... It was interesting to see the patterns shift from earlier this year, some real hot spots earlier this year, were absolute deserts today. Got some good action in the forbidden zone, off the water by 315.....Fun day all in all, although the snags were pretty frustrating, but that is part of the learning curve............................Dave

Fishin4runner
11-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you had a great day out there today. Good job.

dk4885
11-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Nice Dave it's been tough at castaic and yet you are still getting them. From a rental no less

TroutOnly
11-14-2013, 07:48 PM
good job dave,doing something different than what youve grown to be comfortable with is key to making you a better troller and fisherman.going from the 2oz to the 6oz is a big jump considering you jumped over the 4oz set up .you caught fish and didnt lose gear than you did well. some of these other guys are strugggling because the wont get out of there comfort zone so there stuck in the rut , with all the trout going in its time for the trout swimbait setups,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,

ela
11-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Saw you by the broken bouey trolling nice that you caught 7. We only caught 4.

cutbait
11-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Rippin and the tearin DAVE!!!

Rippin an the tearin!

fishinone
11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Dave, you seem to catch fish every time you go out. We can't ask for more than that.

trail blazer
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Just goes to show us all,,,,,YOU CAN CATCH,M BRO!.

What BOB says is so true,,,,ADJUST!

TRAIL BLAZER