PDA

View Full Version : SWAT Solo North

Dawn Treader
11-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Got out for a little action this past weekend. Winds were calm and water was flat . Saturday last hour ...second cast ...up surfaces a large halibut mid retrieve , by the size of his tail in seeing him flip up and out I guessed him to be in the upper twenties. He's was hooked , but the way he popped his tail and back half of his body up to get back down convinced me that I may have him hooked by a fin. So I did not give a hard set . Then he takes off hard and fast . Then slack , gone . Either popped out of his fin , or he spit it out of his mouth . Afterwards I kept thinking it was the later and I should have set it . Oh well !

The next morning I went back looking for him with no luck . But I did to my surprise land three shorts, two sixteens and an eighteen . So It was a fun couple sessions with great conditions and some nice clear water here in Santa Barbara !

Brad

skunked4life
11-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report Brad! Was the extra large font for the old guys? :LOL: Sorry for the loss but hey...at least you stuck three shorts! Last time I caught a short was...summer? Great to se a new report from you!

Skunked4life

murrieta angler
11-14-2013, 07:40 PM
It has been very nice lately Brad.
Good to know that they are still willing to bite, half way through November.
Enjoyed the short report,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the report Brad! Was the extra large font for the old guys? :LOL: Sorry for the loss but hey...at least you stuck three shorts! Last time I caught a short was...summer? Great to se a new report from you!

Skunked4life

Considering you wear glasses ken.........:Shocked::LOL:
Robert
<><

exfactor
11-14-2013, 07:53 PM
I like the large font

skunked4life
11-14-2013, 08:38 PM
considering you wear glasses ken.........:shocked::lol:
Robert
<><

doh!!!!!!!

Dawn Treader
11-14-2013, 11:36 PM
The large font helps fill the page since I slacked on getting photos :Embarrassed:

SP Dan
11-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey Brotha Brad,

That sounded like a very nice session in the suds to me Sir!
(3) short Hali's and the one monster that got away. It gives one hope! :Smile:
Well ... at least you got to feel it's weight with a flashing moment of hope and excitement stirred in! ..... right?!
You'll get em the next time out ..... I'm certain.

Thanks Brad for reporting up .... with pic's or without pic's .... it doesn't matter! :Thumbs Up:
It's just good to get a report from up north so that we can have an idea down here of what's happening up there!
It sounds as though some of the larger models are still hanging around up there.... that's good to hear!

Say "Hey" to the northern crew for me! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

PS ..... because :ROFL: I didn't have a picture to fill this page with Brotha Ken! :LOL: Ha ha ha!

bachiboy
11-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Way to go Brad! Sorry that the big brute won it's freedom but nice to see that there are still some flatfish to be had out there for you guys. Hope you get back out there soon and stick that big girl.

Robert
<><
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Ken's always gotta set himself up!:Wink:

Wingnut
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Hey Brad, the older we get... our eyes tend to see large Rays and Shovelnose as Halibut. :ROFL: jk

I always swing away at anything... :Wink:

See you at the S.W.A.T. Christmas party. :Big Grin:

Dawn Treader
11-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey Brad, the older we get... our eyes tend to see large Rays and Shovelnose as Halibut. :ROFL: jk

There was no mistaking the back end of that fish at fifteen feet out Arthur . Unfortunately for me... as I keep revisiting it :Confused:

sidified
11-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Yah, and your not THAT young either …….:Secret:

Robert
<><

Wingnut
11-18-2013, 06:22 PM
There was no mistaking the back end of that fish at fifteen feet out Arthur . Unfortunately for me... as I keep revisiting it :Confused:

I'm sure that it was a big ol' Flattie Brad... I was just joking with ya. :LOL:

Yes, a big lost fish will haunt you... especially if you actually saw it before you lost it. :Neutral:

The question is, would you rather not see the fish you lost? For me, I WANT TO SEE IT! Gives me extra motivation for revenge. :Twisted:

You'll get it next time... see you at the Christmas party. :Big Grin:

Dawn Treader
11-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to the party Arthur ...
I'm sure that it was a big ol' Flattie Brad... I was just joking with ya. :LOL:

Yes, a big lost fish will haunt you... especially if you actually saw it before you lost it. :Neutral:

The question is, would you rather not see the fish you lost? For me, I WANT TO SEE IT! Gives me extra motivation for revenge. :Twisted:

You'll get it next time... see you at the Christmas party. :Big Grin: