PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 11/14/13 afternoon Bite

madbass
11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Went up to castaic yesterday and saw tons of people tossing the big baits up along the wall. took my uncle up there so that he can catch some trout (he's getting in to fishing). Saw lots of trout in the water but they were really biting, i guess i know why....they were getting chased later afternoon by all the stripers. didnt see any big ones come up but i know soon they'll come up. tons of 5-10lbers beening caught. my buddy and i left them biting!!!! good luck and bring the big stuff, the big ones are around.

cant load pictures, it wont let me....but you all know what a 10lb striper looks like.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/alex_morataya/CastaicStripers11-14pix2_zpsbe2caf04.jpg

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/alex_morataya/CastaicStripers11-14pix1_zpsde80e9c5.jpg
I hope this works...

EfrenM
11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Tnx for the report i need to go did u see any top water action ?

fishfinder
11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=....but you all know what a 10lb striper looks like.[/QUOTE]

ummm, no I don't

madbass
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Tnx for the report i need to go did u see any top water action ?

i didnt see any top water action. all the action was on the huddleston.

madbass
11-14-2013, 10:35 AM
ummm, no I don't

im trying to do the photbucket thing but im figuring out right now, lol.....first time for me :)

jowo
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Cool! How many did you get?

madbass
11-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Cool! How many did you get?

just 2, and lost 2. my buddy got the same and lost the same. we left them biting.

jowo
11-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Wow. Might have to get to work late tomorrow morning. :)

madbass
11-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow. Might have to get to work late tomorrow morning. :)

yup, thats the plan here too!!!

fishinone
11-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Went up to castaic yesterday and saw tons of people tossing the big baits up along the wall. took my uncle up there so that he can catch some trout (he's getting in to fishing). Saw lots of trout in the water but they were really biting, i guess i know why....they were getting chased later afternoon by all the stripers. didnt see any big ones come up but i know soon they'll come up. tons of 5-10lbers beening caught. my buddy and i left them biting!!!! good luck and bring the big stuff, the big ones are around.

cant load pictures, it wont let me....but you all know what a 10lb striper looks like.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/alex_morataya/CastaicStripers11-14pix2_zpsbe2caf04.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/alex_morataya/media/CastaicStripers11-14pix2_zpsbe2caf04.jpg.html)
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/alex_morataya/CastaicStripers11-14pix1_zpsde80e9c5.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/alex_morataya/media/CastaicStripers11-14pix1_zpsde80e9c5.jpg.html)

I hope this works...

Nice catch!

To get pictures into your report open the photo in photobucket, then pick on the IMG button on the right. The text in the box next to the IMG button should turn yellow and say copied fro just a second.

Then paste that text into your write up.

Hit preview and it should look something like the above.

koifish
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
good job man..

madbass
11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Nice catch!

To get pictures into your report open the photo in photobucket, then pick on the IMG button on the right. The text in the box next to the IMG button should turn yellow and say copied fro just a second.

Then paste that text into your write up.

Hit preview and it should look something like the above.

thank you very much! really appreciate the help....im kinda slow, lol!

madbass
11-14-2013, 02:23 PM
good job man..

thanks Koi! i hope i catch more this season..if not, it might take another 3 years before i catch another one on a big bait, lol!

fishinone
11-14-2013, 04:12 PM
thank you very much! really appreciate the help....im kinda slow, lol!

It's terrible thing when a man can't post a pic of his DD striper. :Big Grin:

madbass
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It's terrible thing when a man can't post a pic of his DD striper. :Big Grin:

thank you fishinone! time to go back and get another one. :)

Troutcz swimbait
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
i didnt see any top water action. all the action was on the huddleston.

What ROF?pm me,thanks.

TroutOnly
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
IT SURE HELPS CHUMING FOR THE STRIPERS WITH THE STOCKED TROUT ,I WISHED THEY HAD NIGHT FISHING FROM AT LEAST THE SHORE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR,,,,,,,NICE SLAYIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

madbass
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
What ROF?pm me,thanks.

I used the ROF 5. That's all I have, lol. The hudd is a nice bait that's pretty close to the real thing.
Good luck!

madbass
11-14-2013, 07:57 PM
IT SURE HELPS CHUMING FOR THE STRIPERS WITH THE STOCKED TROUT ,I WISHED THEY HAD NIGHT FISHING FROM AT LEAST THE SHORE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR,,,,,,,NICE SLAYIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you TO! It would be awesome if they had night fishing this time of year. I bet there's people willing to pay a premium for night fishing....good way to generate extra revenue....just a thought. Please keep your reports coming, they keep me pumped all year long!

dkinla
11-14-2013, 10:12 PM
now that's a great looking DD striper! congrats on the swimbait striper!

EfrenM
11-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Hey u where out there today an the afternoon?

EfrenM
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM

Yep me too right when they start to kick us out the bite just started I was lucky I nailed a 7 pounder on the punker

madbass
11-15-2013, 12:56 AM

Thanks DK....it feels good to finally nail one. You've been nailing them too I see.

madbass
11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Hey u where out there today an the afternoon?

I wast out there, thought about it but work keep me in the office today. Hopefully I get an opportunity Friday.
That afternoon bite really heats up just as they're kicking you out..

BassinChef
11-15-2013, 01:31 AM
I was there last Thursday til they kicked us out , I was 0 for 3 on the hudd. I saw a guy toss a Bbz from the ramp an caught a nice striper on his 2nd cast . I need to do that again soon. Nice striper by the way buddy!! Congrats on the DD

madbass
11-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I was there last Thursday til they kicked us out , I was 0 for 3 on the hudd. I saw a guy toss a Bbz from the ramp an caught a nice striper on his 2nd cast . I need to do that again soon. Nice striper by the way buddy!! Congrats on the DD

Thanks buddy. It seems that the fish are biting and biting well at closing time. Something about the dusk that's turns them on. Haven't gotten anything in the am yet but I think it's a matter of time. Can't wait to nail another one.

koifish
11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Thanks buddy. It seems that the fish are biting and biting well at closing time. Something about the dusk that's turns them on. Haven't gotten anything in the am yet but I think it's a matter of time. Can't wait to nail another one.

Yeah...i know why...closing time, they are going for dinner when the moon is up...lol...