PDA

View Full Version : Late derby report + MY first video

EfrenM
11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
So the original plan was to head out to OC for the Saturday tournament, but I temporarily lost my wallet and had to wait to leave till Saturday when I found out I had left it in a friends car. So finally I headed out on Saturday so I hit up Irvine on Sunday. I always head out with both of my brothers in-law the younger one who has a preference for surf fishing and the older one who is 22 always waits for this time of year for trout season and we hit the lakes together. This is the first season the younger one joins us for trout season since he did not want to stay home he convinced his parents to buy him the caddis float tube. We arrived there at around 5am not much of a line so by 6:45 we had our lines in the water. Long story short the the younger one caught 3, the older one caught 0, and I caught 4. The worst part of it all the second one you see in the video was above 4 lbs and my chain unhooked and I was unable to take it for a weigh in. I was so upset we decided to take off around noon. Thanks for reading (first video any tips for further videos are welcome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSrk943_TY&feature=youtu.be

Hometown
11-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Great report and video and sound to bad that fat war pig slipped away

5150fishn
11-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Great report. The video blanked out on me after a couple seconds so I will check it out again later. Bummer about the one that got away! I had one play hoodini out of my basket on sat. but mine was only a 2# so it wasn't a chance qualifier like yours.

VineVideos
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Pesca! Very nice especially if this is your very first vid. Good use of transitions between fish. Many editors just use straight cuts all the way through.
But IMHO it is always good to use at least some kind of transition between thoughts or ideas or, in this case, different fish. Even a simple dissolve lets the viewer know
you are moving into a different different scene.

The GoPros are an awesome tool. I wish I had them decades ago when I first got into this business. I also like your use of the fixed cam behind you. It is a completely
different perspective than the cap mounted one. You just have to always keep in mind where your camera is and make every effort to keep the fish in front of it.
And you did that very well. Cap cams are much more shaky but many tubers and yakers have gotten quite proficient at keeping them fairly steady.

Keep up the good work. Some day (hopefully many times) you will have that double digit fish on the end of your line and you will be very glad the camera
is rolling. The technology is now here for every fisherman to capture those great moments on video.

Thanks for your report and video. Great job !!

Danny Jackson

EfrenM
11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Tnx guys f or the comments ill make another for the turkey tournament ....

Prowler_Tuber
11-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Awesome video looks great, congrats on a fun time and great day!!!