PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 11/10 & 11/11 wide open trout bite

paDDy
11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Fished Sunday and Monday at BBL. Wide open on the trout. We fished around the observatory 3 colors, trolling night crawlers with the wedding ring with small flasher. Nothing of any real size, most all was c&r besides the bleeders. A few in the 16" size but most 12". Ran out of night crawlers and used power worms in the natural color. Seemed to work better as we were getting less short bites, less time re-baiting and they seemed to hold up for 3-5 trout before being torn. Bring your warm cloths!!

TroutOnly
11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
NICE TO SEE A REPORT FROM YOU PAT, I'M GLAD THE FISHING WAS GOOD FOR YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

paDDy
11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
NICE TO SEE A REPORT FROM YOU PAT, I'M GLAD THE FISHING WAS GOOD FOR YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks buddy. Should see more now that I got another FW boat. Prob bump into you at Castaic one of these times. Been years since I fished it.

The Birdman
12-17-2013, 01:50 AM
I've got a timeshare weekend for BBL the 3rd weekend of March. Anyone have any general suggestions for Trouting during late March? Cold as hell or moderately cold? Dam side or North shoreline? Any suggestions would be great. I have a 14' Jon boat for my son and I.

fishingking
12-18-2013, 06:25 AM
I've got a timeshare weekend for BBL the 3rd weekend of March. Anyone have any general suggestions for Trouting during late March? Cold as hell or moderately cold? Dam side or North shoreline? Any suggestions would be great. I have a 14' Jon boat for my son and I.

I suggest fish the dam. Better fishing water will still be cold.

Trout I would rig a half ounce weight with a Carolina keeper with a foot of leader
Size 6 owner hook. Power bait with garlic color green

Bass- I normally do the same set-up as trout but with a fat juicy red worm or meal worm. Or use a fake worm and jig

Carp- carp rig with cornmeal and corn.. Carp are Nasty and boney (if caught do not throw back in water kill it. bbl is getting over populated with carp and they suggest to not put back)

I caught a lot of fish at bbl! great fishing best time when it's 5 degrees and snowing better fishing

March is a great time as well enjoy

Good luck and enjoy

flytyingreloader
12-21-2013, 11:37 AM
I would only add that in March at BBL the public boat launches will likely not be open yet. The water district requires a boat permit, as well--in case you weren't aware of that.

March can be a big weather month in the Bear Valley. Keep your options open--bring skis or snowboard if you are so inclined.

The Birdman
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I suggest fish the dam. Better fishing water will still be cold.

Trout I would rig a half ounce weight with a Carolina keeper with a foot of leader
Size 6 owner hook. Power bait with garlic color green

Bass- I normally do the same set-up as trout but with a fat juicy red worm or meal worm. Or use a fake worm and jig

Carp- carp rig with cornmeal and corn.. Carp are Nasty and boney (if caught do not throw back in water kill it. bbl is getting over populated with carp and they suggest to not put back)

I caught a lot of fish at bbl! great fishing best time when it's 5 degrees and snowing better fishing

March is a great time as well enjoy

Good luck and enjoy

Thanks a bunch! I was planning on taking my sons 14' Pelican with us, but I don't have my truck anymore so shore fishing is what we'll end up doing. Thanks again for the heads up! =)

The Birdman
12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I would only add that in March at BBL the public boat launches will likely not be open yet. The water district requires a boat permit, as well--in case you weren't aware of that.

March can be a big weather month in the Bear Valley. Keep your options open--bring skis or snowboard if you are so inclined.

My knee won't let me have those other options, We'll play it by ear! Thanks bro!