PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!

newbefisher
09-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Well after spending the summer in my porta-bote and then going out with Budman8 in his open-bow, I decided I needed something bigger. Plus the wife and kids weren't to thrilled when we would go out on the porta-bote(not enough room for all of us). Anyway, after searching craigslist as well as other sites (including this one), I finally found my boat and got it home last night! It's a 1987 19' Gastron cuddy cabin. Here are some pics. I got to do a little cleaning on it, but the engine runs strong and everything works. I am going to need a different trailer soon (unless I can fix this one up), so if anyone knows of a good place to pick up a used one at a decent price let me know. Or if anyone is selling one or would want to trade for a porta-bote. :D

one_leg
09-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Looks like you'll be too busy towing the wife and kids around on the water skis, kneeboards, wake boards, inner tubes, etc. etc. etc. to get much fishing done.

Do you have a kicker motor for trolling? Trout season coming up real quick!!!

Congratulations.

One_Leg

crivera175
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
nice :thumb:

MarkyMark
09-24-2007, 03:42 PM
That's a helluva upgrade from a portabote!!

NICE

Fisher-of-Men
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
The boat looks like its in pretty decent shape for the years it has on it.

Fisher-of-Men

newbefisher
09-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Looks like you'll be too busy towing the wife and kids around on the water skis, kneeboards, wake boards, inner tubes, etc. etc. etc. to get much fishing done.

Do you have a kicker motor for trolling? Trout season coming up real quick!!!

Congratulations.

One_Leg

Well luckily, the kids and wife know that fishing comes first. :twisted:

I actually have a trolling motor that I may use or the 2hp Honda that I have for the portabote. :D

newbefisher
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
The boat looks like its in pretty decent shape for the years it has on it.

Fisher-of-Men

As far as I can tell, it's in pretty good shape. It's actually been sitting for 2 and a half years in the guy's garage. Started right up though. A little elbow grease and it will be good to go. Plus I got the service manuals and I'm mechanically inclined, so I should be fine. 8)

That's a helluva upgrade from a portabote!!

eldo69
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
sweet it even has a little bed

sansou
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Sweet ride!

Looks like trout season is going to be good for you this year!

newbefisher
09-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Sweet ride!

Yeah, I'm heading out to BPS after work tomorrow for a new fish finder and maybe even a downrigger to use at DVL. :D

one_leg
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet ride!

Yeah, I'm heading out to BPS after work tomorrow for a new fish finder and maybe even a downrigger to use at DVL. :D

:thumb: You can't go wrong with the Downrigger(s)

One_Leg

Troutman65
09-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Congrats to you Newbefisher !!! I am sure you and the family will have great times on that boat. Here is a link for a boat trailer co.

http://www.ABTrailers.com

Looking forward to reading your DVL reports .

Troutman65

ThemBastards
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Hahah you talked her into it huh. Congrats man. If you want to find the spots at Corona Lake you just let me know. :lol:

Sparky70
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice looking boat, just sold my 19ft. APACHE CUDDY. They are a nice boat.

newbefisher
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Hahah you talked her into it huh. Congrats man. If you want to find the spots at Corona Lake you just let me know. :lol:

Sounds like a plan.... Heck I just saw they have 24hr fishing at Corona lake on Fri-Sat... I might have to try out my cabin there. I wonder if they would let me sleep on the boat? The seats in the back can be positioned to make a bed, if you want to join. Sorry, only 1 guy in the cabin at a time. No limit on the ladies though. :wink:

E man
09-28-2007, 11:22 PM

Congrats on the boat! :D Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to take her to DVL as they only allow four stroke of direct fuel injected engines...

http://www.dvlake.com/inspection03.html

one_leg
09-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Congrats on the boat! :D Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to take her to DVL as they only allow four stroke of direct fuel injected engines...

http://www.dvlake.com/inspection03.html

That boat has a four stroke motor.

They're talking about outboards.

One_Leg