PDA

View Full Version : SARL change for the better, poachers/snaggers beware!

troutdog
11-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I understand they have installed cameras at Sarl and it sounds like the staff booted more people the last couple weeks than all of last year combined! :EyePop: Maybe the lake will fish better now that all the netters, snaggers, 5 rod users and 10+ fish limit fisherman won't be doing their thing anymore....I'm also thinking the same group of "pro-staffers" won't be the only ones bringing up all the DDs on stocking day :Wink:

Kudos to the lake.

What a great first step in eliminating the problems that have plagued this place for years....now all we need is some rain!

Hope to see you all at Corona this Saturday to help fight cancer!

TD

Marley
11-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Great to hear! The habits and attitudes of a few individuals or group can be so harmful. That "pro staff" stuff just makes me want to sleep in more often, don't even want to be around the nonsense.
Good luck at the Corona derby, TD. I can't make it to that one, gonna be at the Great Park helping a different cause equally as worthy. I have an aunt who beat breast cancer only to have a kidney go bad 22 years later. Ugly disease. When I wear finger tape it's always pink in her support.

Webfoot
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Aaron, good to hear of this news! Have you heard if Corona will implementing cameras as well? Good luck in Saturdays tournament. Hope to see you at lake this year.

Nuoc Mam
11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Glad they are taking actions.

I always see the "pro-staffers" fishing the left side of the dock, CPR all the time and nothing is done, but yet when someone else does it, they get yelled at.

Mr T-rex
11-12-2013, 01:17 PM
How about adding some water to that mud hole ?

Marley
11-12-2013, 05:20 PM
How about adding some water to that mud hole ?

Maybe when it rains? Besides being low, the water looks to be in pretty good shape. No muddy spots at all that I could find. Why does it look like a flooded sand pit? Oh, that's right. Because it IS a flooded sand pit. Why complain about something that can't be fixed or changed?

Mr T-rex
11-12-2013, 05:42 PM
But my question is why isn't the water flowing from the santa ana river into the lakes? they said something about the pipes being closed due to construction so obviously its not the rain

Maybe when it rains? Besides being low, the water looks to be in pretty good shape. No muddy spots at all that I could find. Why does it look like a flooded sand pit? Oh, that's right. Because it IS a flooded sand pit. Why complain about something that can't be fixed or changed?

Marley
11-12-2013, 09:37 PM
But my question is why isn't the water flowing from the santa ana river into the lakes? they said something about the pipes being closed due to construction so obviously its not the rain

That's the question. Should be a pretty sure bet that there are downstream demands for every drop of water running through the river bed and that SARL is getting their fair share. That whole basin is a series of underground aquifers fed by the Santa Ana River. That's where all those big wet spots come from on the south bank of the lake bed when the lake it empty. It's seepage and springs. That water flowing south of SARL is nowhere to be seen once you hit Ball Road about a mile downstream. It's all soaking into the ground for locals to drink. Tastes pretty good, too ;)
Used to be said that SARL got its water when there was a full inch of rain upstream. If that's true, then the lack of rainfall is why the water isn't all being diverted into the lakes.
The pipes they were talking about are below the nearby surface streets, like Tustin and La Palma. The same sandy soil that allows water to percolate into the ground also allows water to percolate into construction trenches. Lake levels were lowered to keep that from happening and now that the pipes are rebuilt there isn't yet enough river water to refill the lakes.
We should have patience. Besides, boats are half price while the levels are low.

Hitts0n
11-12-2013, 10:09 PM
It's about dam time ! Now some fish will be left for others to fish ! I might have to fish there a little more often.....See you guys Saturday at the Fight Trout Fight Cancer Event !!
Kevin Kaiser and Hitts will be leading the way !! Join us !!!

Hitts!!

Marley
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
It's about dam time ! Now some fish will be left for others to fish ! I might have to fish there a little more often.....See you guys Saturday at the Fight Trout Fight Cancer Event !!
Kevin Kaiser and Hitts will be leading the way !! Join us !!!

Hitts!!
You guys have a good event Saturday!

Mr T-rex
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Well that makes sense. Way to prove a point marley and that's true you cant beat that price with a baseball bat
I am actually taking my pops this Saturday and lets see how it goes for us

That's the question. Should be a pretty sure bet that there are downstream demands for every drop of water running through the river bed and that SARL is getting their fair share. That whole basin is a series of underground aquifers fed by the Santa Ana River. That's where all those big wet spots come from on the south bank of the lake bed when the lake it empty. It's seepage and springs. That water flowing south of SARL is nowhere to be seen once you hit Ball Road about a mile downstream. It's all soaking into the ground for locals to drink. Tastes pretty good, too ;)
Used to be said that SARL got its water when there was a full inch of rain upstream. If that's true, then the lack of rainfall is why the water isn't all being diverted into the lakes.
The pipes they were talking about are below the nearby surface streets, like Tustin and La Palma. The same sandy soil that allows water to percolate into the ground also allows water to percolate into construction trenches. Lake levels were lowered to keep that from happening and now that the pipes are rebuilt there isn't yet enough river water to refill the lakes.
We should have patience. Besides, boats are half price while the levels are low.

allanon
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
As others have said, I think it's more important to get the bubble hole operating than anything else.
I fished twice since the trout opener for zero trout. Caught some catfish,but no trout.

Either that or wait until the lake water temp drops enough...

Mr T-rex
11-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Yuppp but I cant say no to fishing though haha !! the drive to Irvine lake is just too far
Especially with a V8

As others have said, I think it's more important to get the bubble hole operating than anything else.
I fished twice since the trout opener for zero trout. Caught some catfish,but no trout.

Either that or wait until the lake water temp drops enough...

troutdog
11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Good luck at the Corona derby, TD. I can't make it to that one, gonna be at the Great Park helping a different cause equally as worthy. I have an aunt who beat breast cancer only to have a kidney go bad 22 years later. Ugly disease. When I wear finger tape it's always pink in her support.

Thank you Marley, my condolences for the loss of your Aunt...cancer is horrible, I think we have all been touched in some way or another. What a great way honor her though, I'm going to return the blue finger tape I just purchased and get some pink as well.

Aaron, good to hear of this news! Have you heard if Corona will implementing cameras as well? Good luck in Saturdays tournament. Hope to see you at lake this year.

I haven't heard about Corona, maybe I'll know more after Saturday....I will be sure to post something up either way, hopefully with a fat stringer to boot. Hope to see you out there this season!

TD

Marley
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Thank you Marley, my condolences for the loss of your Aunt...cancer is horrible, I think we have all been touched in some way or another. What a great way honor her though, I'm going to return the blue finger tape I just purchased and get some pink as well.

TD
Way cool Aaron. Thanks.