PDA

View Full Version : 11/9 Glory day report

Malosos82
11-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi!

Got to the lake at 7 to wait in line, launched tubes at 830. Headed from farthest parking lot point towards the dam then iut to sierra cove, up the west shore, then out towards mid lake per the recommendations of the patrol boat. Of my gf and my buddy and I it was very slow to start. I got a dink class wiper by sierra cove to shake my stripe :Twisted:

My gf and friend were starting to get all over 2lbrs but nothing doing for me. I decide to change k y split shot from 1/32 to 1/16. I used so mu bite on garlic that my fishcat smells like an italian restaurant. I got seperated from the crew on the way to mid lake and suddenly as I pass a boat my gl2 gets that distinct tapping. I had already lost 4 nibbles so my initial energy was sarcastic at best. I set the hook only to have my rod tip go straight down in the water and line starts peeling. Great a carp! WRONG! This bastard pulls me around and very close to the boat (when they realized what was going on all I could dl was compliment a raiders hat I saw. I got clear of the boat and keep working. I never thought a 10 min fight would make my arms hurt like that. When I start to see color, I have no idea how I'm going to net this thing or what even happens next. I eventually netted it when I got it to lay sideways and give up. When I landed it I didn't know hkw to react so I laughed like a crazy person for a long time. We all got out so I could check in wince it would have certainly broken free from my chain stringer. I wound up in 3rd and qualified for the masters!

Thank you all for sharing your experiences on here. K wouldn't have ever figured this out on my own! I never thought I'd get my PB like this!

What is the masters like? If anyone that has been can share with me what to expect please I would appreciate it greatly!

Rooster
11-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Wow what a great report. WOW! Nice fish bro!

I been to the masters the last 3 years and trust me when I say this.
Its is such a great experience! You are going to love every minute!
The staff truly makes sure everyone has the time of there life!

My first year I was nervous as hell and did everything wrong :Shocked:
My second year I woke up 4 hours late. :Envious: arrived around 10am
My 3rd year I took second and almost won the dam thing! :Nut Kick:

Hoping to get a crack at a 4th year.

TaperSteve
11-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Congrats on the Master qualify the staff puts on one hell of an event your in for the experience of a lifetime!

Come hang out with the crew in a couple of weeks at the BB Custom & Team 57 event called "Trout"sgiving! Visit the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more details & to sign-up!

TS

5150fishn
11-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Congrats on a great day on the water and for qualifying for the Masters! You are in for a treat bro. You pulled it off on the first Qualifying tourney of the season now the pressure for the season is off and you can just enjoy the ride!