PDA

View Full Version : 4th visit to Guasti Lake, 1st time skunk : (

georatm2011
11-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Had never been skunked at Guasti Lake thus far but this time the weather was a bit hot for trout and the only guys catching trout were using night crawlers. Funny enough the trout were staying in the shallows and our usually reliable spot at the dock was worthless. We eventually bought some night crawlers but is was too late. For the most part, no one left with their limit and I would suggest fishing either in the east or west shallow areas for the best results.

badf1sh
11-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Sorry to hear, but once in a great while that happens with that lake. Remember always be prepared! Brother was there Sunday dropshotting and got a few

KidTrout
11-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Had never been skunked at Guasti Lake thus far but this time the weather was a bit hot for trout and the only guys catching trout were using night crawlers. Funny enough the trout were staying in the shallows and our usually reliable spot at the dock was worthless. We eventually bought some night crawlers but is was too late. For the most part, no one left with their limit and I would suggest fishing either in the east or west shallow areas for the best results.

I use to love this lake about 7 years ago. Fishing use to be awesome there and now it seems that lake isn't all that good. I only fish that lake once a year now and that is for the derby. Maybe if they killed off some of those cormorants then there would be hundreds more fish in the lake.

smokinflies
11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the report. Might check it out in the morning. The weather shouldn't be an issue tomorrow.