PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood striper dinkfest bass guy and DFG

MikesOcean
11-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Hit the wood with my friend Mike (fishingvato) who lives down the steet from me. First time really taking the boat out since steering cable busted. OH YAA

First in line and 5 th boat to launch. Since the wood does not honor castaic's tag, I still had to go for inspection. Whole other story.

We decided we would troll for the first couple hours our big Swim baits. We did, with no success. So out goes the rigs and by 1030 or so we had our double limits of there dinks.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/8178C6CF-4801-4E0A-B903-69FDD4946315-441-000000418D66C025_zpsa20ca0b7.jpg

Here's a shot with Fishingvato holding a Wood Schoolie
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/72FF733B-A264-4360-BC0C-DD4B55173D95-441-000000420CF842B4_zps7fa0d1bc.jpg

Passing by several boaters kayakers and float tubers we were constantly reeling in fish. In the process we pass by a bass boat who I witness swing on a fish, miss, and almost fell off his boat. LOL I kiddingly around said "I saw that" bass guy turns around gives me a dirty look and says "
How do you get away with that" me "huh?" He says I see you fishing with all those hooks and I don't understand how you get away with that. Of course I reply 3 hooks total legal. He shakes his head and turns around.

Our day continued with c&r in hopes of bigger fish to no avail.

As we head in to launch ramp from a distance we see dfg in the middle of the ramp waiting for me? I figured, WOW all these years I have never been checked. Cool! I can finally show I have a license and my catch that I am within the law. NOPE! Runs straight to my boat as soon as I pull up to the dock and starts counting hooks on my rigs. He asked how many, I said 3. He said " HOW MANY?" I said 3 look 1 2 3. Dfg: ya but what about those on top. I said look no hooks and smile. Then he went all nice on me and walked away. Did not check my license did not check my catch of 20 fish and drove off ignoring every other boat that pulled in. WTF???

Go check those trout guys keeping over limits. Not the guy who's trying to thin out the striper population. Stripers are the only fish that all other fishermen hate anyways.

All in all we had a great time. Just disappointed we couldn't get into bigger fish.

On another note, the wood has to be the hardest lake anyone can troll. If you are a inexperienced troller, and want to learn, don't start here. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR RIGS I PROMISE!
30 ft of water and 18ft down and your stuck in a big tree. Lol.

It's a great feeling leaving that lake and not losing a rig. Yet I fish hard at Castaic all year And never lose a rig.

I wish the big girls would come out and play

catchingsomefish
11-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Nice report Mike, and good job no losing any gear.......I had one of those DFG guys do something similar at Castaic earlier in the year, I thought it was because I must look kinda shady trolling in a rental, lol.....Glad to hear you got your boat up and running, er...steering.....I dont hate stripers, they fight and are really good to eat, unlike the sunfish a lot of people target, that is unless they fall into the lake...................Dave

dkinla
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Man that's funny. The dude in that bass boat prob called dfg about your rig? Anyways, I'm surprised dfg knew that 3 hooks on the rig was even legal. Thought u might get busted for that alone. Nice haul u guys.

drifter023
11-09-2013, 09:27 AM
We have a few spots that we do the bait and wait and do pretty good most times. One time had a few boats near by did not see them get bit at all they left about hour before we did when we pulled up to launch ramp warden came right up and asked me to pull over so he could check boat. Did check our license did not check our catch of 20 fish and drove off ignoring every other boat that pulled in. That is the second time I have been checked there and been fishing there since it opened. I think people get mad cause they are not getting fish so think you are doing something wrong.
By the way nice job on the dinks...

Tom
11-09-2013, 09:49 AM
great job on the stripers..as for the DFG..think of it this way. The guy who turned you in really thought you were doing something wrong. Good for him that he called the DFG.....and even Better Good the DFG rolled out on the complaint!
YOU WERE CLEAN AND YOU KNEW IT....and it is nice to see someone cared enough to look out for the resource
and your right more meat fishermen should be busted for the trout over limits.

Hit the wood with my friend Mike (fishingvato) who lives down the steet from me. First time really taking the boat out since steering cable busted. OH YAA

First in line and 5 th boat to launch. Since the wood does not honor castaic's tag, I still had to go for inspection. Whole other story.

We decided we would troll for the first couple hours our big Swim baits. We did, with no success. So out goes the rigs and by 1030 or so we had our double limits of there dinks.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/8178C6CF-4801-4E0A-B903-69FDD4946315-441-000000418D66C025_zpsa20ca0b7.jpg

Here's a shot with Fishingvato holding a Wood Schoolie
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/72FF733B-A264-4360-BC0C-DD4B55173D95-441-000000420CF842B4_zps7fa0d1bc.jpg

Passing by several boaters kayakers and float tubers we were constantly reeling in fish. In the process we pass by a bass boat who I witness swing on a fish, miss, and almost fell off his boat. LOL I kiddingly around said "I saw that" bass guy turns around gives me a dirty look and says "
How do you get away with that" me "huh?" He says I see you fishing with all those hooks and I don't understand how you get away with that. Of course I reply 3 hooks total legal. He shakes his head and turns around.

Our day continued with c&r in hopes of bigger fish to no avail.

As we head in to launch ramp from a distance we see dfg in the middle of the ramp waiting for me? I figured, WOW all these years I have never been checked. Cool! I can finally show I have a license and my catch that I am within the law. NOPE! Runs straight to my boat as soon as I pull up to the dock and starts counting hooks on my rigs. He asked how many, I said 3. He said " HOW MANY?" I said 3 look 1 2 3. Dfg: ya but what about those on top. I said look no hooks and smile. Then he went all nice on me and walked away. Did not check my license did not check my catch of 20 fish and drove off ignoring every other boat that pulled in. WTF???

Go check those trout guys keeping over limits. Not the guy who's trying to thin out the striper population. Stripers are the only fish that all other fishermen hate anyways.

All in all we had a great time. Just disappointed we couldn't get into bigger fish.

On another note, the wood has to be the hardest lake anyone can troll. If you are a inexperienced troller, and want to learn, don't start here. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR RIGS I PROMISE!
30 ft of water and 18ft down and your stuck in a big tree. Lol.

It's a great feeling leaving that lake and not losing a rig. Yet I fish hard at Castaic all year And never lose a rig.

I wish the big girls would come out and play

TroutOnly
11-09-2013, 09:52 AM
You poacher /m/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,j/k,,,,,,,,,,,,,same thing happened to me mike at castaic on the water the dfg was in the cop boat in the distance watching me catch them noon-stop with the downriggers , they pulled up next to me and the lady dfg says pull up that d/r so i slowed the boat pulled one of the the clip and up held it in the air then she got butt-hurt cause there was only the three trailing baits with hooks,,,,lol,,,,,,,she really got pissed when i told her a lady in the uniform and packing a gun turned me on,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
11-09-2013, 10:17 AM
HAHAHA,, cool report Mike!

Those Bass guys get all bent out a shape over nothing.

"atleast those bass guys cared, and suspected you of criminal activity" What a joke, and very offensive

Tom must be a bass guy, and speaks volumes of what the bass guys think of the striper guys

I suspect all bass guys to be perverts and ego maniacs but I'm not calling the Po Po on them to have them checked for perversion? Tom's philosophy is I should be

DEVOREFLYER
11-09-2013, 11:00 AM

"atleast those bass guys cared, and suspected you of criminal activity" What a joke, and very offensive

Tom must be a bass guy, and speaks volumes of what the bass guys think of the striper guys

I suspect all bass guys to be perverts and ego maniacs but I'm not calling the Po Po on them to have them checked for perversion? Tom's philosophy is I should be

Hey, hey lighten up on us Bass guys. The only thing I get butt hurt over is Lib's and da Quagga, just sayin'. Now about that perversion thing I don't go around with my fly unzipped nor do I have a pic on the FNN site giving another Fnn member a butt hug but I know a Striper guy that does. lol. Lighten up just a little, I also love doin' the Trout number but will not be caught dead at a pay to play lake. And I am leaning toward being more of a Striper guy if I can get over the learning curve.

Hardcor
11-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice job at the Wood Mike ! Silverwood has more anchor ropes then any lake I know !

Mike, I want you to remember one thing. There is no more DFG ! It's the DFW ! The Department of Fat Weenerheads ! They are worthless doughnut eaters !

Next time ask that doughnut eater to do his job !

Love Corey

Double A
11-09-2013, 01:16 PM
1st of all, LMAO at Dept of Fat Weinerheads.

2nd, MO, way to get on them fish. I know your looking for that BIG bite.
All you can do is find fish, & get em to go. Size is mostly uncontrollable.
You found em & hooked em. Job well done.

Lastly, I can take a little 2 timing, but don't make it a habit.

cutbait
11-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Something tells me the "upclose" facial pic of FishingVato was for Trail blazer!

We've talked and come to the conclusion Mike is pretty good at photoshop now

MikesOcean
11-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Nice report Mike, and good job no losing any gear.......I had one of those DFG guys do something similar at Castaic earlier in the year, I thought it was because I must look kinda shady trolling in a rental, lol.....Glad to hear you got your boat up and running, er...steering.....I dont hate stripers, they fight and are really good to eat, unlike the sunfish a lot of people target, that is unless they fall into the lake...................Dave

Thank you Dave! But it sounds like your really staying on them! Keep up the great work!!

Man that's funny. The dude in that bass boat prob called dfg about your rig? Anyways, I'm surprised dfg knew that 3 hooks on the rig was even legal. Thought u might get busted for that alone. Nice haul u guys. Thank you Dkinla! Ya crazy how they messed with me for that! Lots of people don't realize you are alllowed 3 hooks in Cali! Some states are only 1!

We have a few spots that we do the bait and wait and do pretty good most times. One time had a few boats near by did not see them get bit at all they left about hour before we did when we pulled up to launch ramp warden came right up and asked me to pull over so he could check boat. Did check our license did not check our catch of 20 fish and drove off ignoring every other boat that pulled in. That is the second time I have been checked there and been fishing there since it opened. I think people get mad cause they are not getting fish so think you are doing something wrong.
By the way nice job on the dinks...

Your story is pretty funny too Drifter! I just think some people get frustrated when there out there struggling and see someone catching fish so they make some B.S. up like there doing something illegal!

I

great job on the stripers..as for the DFG..think of it this way. The guy who turned you in really thought you were doing something wrong. Good for him that he called the DFG.....and even Better Good the DFG rolled out on the complaint!
YOU WERE CLEAN AND YOU KNEW IT....and it is nice to see someone cared enough to look out for the resource
and your right more meat fishermen should be busted for the trout over limits.

I hear you on that Tom! I agree that it is nice to see people care about the law! Just not when they don't know the facts! Imagine walking up to a guy on shore and he has 9 trout in a bucket? Maybe his friend went to the car to grab something? Its like the guy who supposedly saw me with 10 hooks. It would be impossible from the distance he was from me to see any hooks on the rig let alone 10. He assumed I was doing something illegal every time I reeled in a fish by him. I understand it is, what it is! I would have been more happy if he checked my catch and asked me for my license, but HE DID NOT! It would have been nice to see him check all the others around me, BUT HE DID NOT! At least I know now, I am bringing doughnuts next time! HAHAHA:LOL:

You poacher /m/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,j/k,,,,,,,,,,,,,same thing happened to me mike at castaic on the water the dfg was in the cop boat in the distance watching me catch them noon-stop with the downriggers , they pulled up next to me and the lady dfg says pull up that d/r so i slowed the boat pulled one of the the clip and up held it in the air then she got butt-hurt cause there was only the three trailing baits with hooks,,,,lol,,,,,,,she really got pissed when i told her a lady in the uniform and packing a gun turned me on,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

I can totally see you say that to her too! Did you make her bleed? LOL

Bass guys are pervs? Careful CB! You have Dev all wound up now and he will never let you live down what you did! LOL

Hey, hey lighten up on us Bass guys. The only thing I get butt hurt over is Lib's and da Quagga, just sayin'. Now about that perversion thing I don't go around with my fly unzipped nor do I have a pic on the FNN site giving another Fnn member a butt hug but I know a Striper guy that does. lol. Lighten up just a little, I also love doin' the Trout number but will not be caught dead at a pay to play lake. And I am leaning toward being more of a Striper guy if I can get over the learning curve.

Your problem Dev is you have a rocket and idle speed for you is 20mph. or have you slowed it to 10 mph now? lol

Nice job at the Wood Mike ! Silverwood has more anchor ropes then any lake I know !

Mike, I want you to remember one thing. There is no more DFG ! It's the DFW ! The Department of Fat Weenerheads ! They are worthless doughnut eaters !

Next time ask that doughnut eater to do his job !

Love Corey

Corey you are tooo funny!!!! I am bringing doughnuts next time! haha

And ya that place is a disaster with all the anchor ropes and Huge frikken trees down there. I Know areas that always hold fish, but not worth the gamble to me.

I hate to admit AA! I miss the double in ocean! Did you really have to take this job? WTF??
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!! PFFFFT!!!

MikesOcean
11-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Something tells me the "upclose" facial pic of FishingVato was for Trail blazer!

We've talked and come to the conclusion Mike is pretty good at photoshop now

TOO FUNNY!! I wish I knew photoshop. The things that I would do.haha.

I still can't figure out how to keep me logged on to fnn from my iPhone if its even possible?

trail blazer
11-10-2013, 09:43 PM
and your right more meat fishermen should be busted for the trout over limits.That's 1 way to look at it tom,,,,,,,,,,i look at it like this,,,,,,,,,,the dude in the carp boat is just a sniveling RAT!,,,,,,,

WTG mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,shoulda kept 30,,lol

TRAIL BLAZER

Tom
11-10-2013, 09:55 PM
That's 1 way to look at it tom,,,,,,,,,,i look at it like this,,,,,,,,,,the dude in the carp boat is just a sniveling RAT!,,,,,,,

WTG mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,shoulda kept 30,,lol

TRAIL BLAZER

I guess you consider me a sniveling rat......LOL