PDA

View Full Version : Fish report Nov. 08. 2013

Micropterus salmoides
11-08-2013, 10:22 PM
One of the best place in Southern California to fish for trout, catfish, and bass. Made it to the gate around 5am and man, there was a long o'le line waiting to get in. It's been a few months since I been here and I didn't realized how low the water level was. I hope they fill the lake back up soon.

Anyways, launched the boat and motored to the buoys line and dropped anchor. Between the 3 of us we both limit out within an hour. Had to go and get another pass. Caught a few on the troll but mostly 2lbs line; Carolina rig with 1/8" ounce weight and a #8 Owners hook with inflated nightcrawlers with Berkley Trout Dip. By 10am the lake was filled with float tubes and boats, the shoreline was filled (not elbow to elbow) but I imagine it was tough as I didn't see many people who fished the shoreline was slaying the trout. Mostly people on boats and float tubes. I consider today was a bit crowded and can't fathom how tomorrow Saturday will turn out. :Shocked:

No way I'm affiliated with this lake or it's employees. But I think they need a shout out or should I say trout out for having a friendly and helpful staff. :UDaMan: Again, awesome place.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7369/10753616084_74e8dc3d3e_b.jpg

Troutin Man
11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Nice job! Awesome. I must say I am totally jealous that you got to go fishing! Is it better to limit out in one hour or to catch your limit over 8 hours?

Which lake were you at?

Again...nice job. I like the "Trout Out!"

VineVideos
11-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks for that cool report. I will take the quick limits every time. I am mainly a troller and have had no problem catching plenty this past week.
Yes, the water is low. Not necessarily a bad thing. Kind of "corrals" the fish. I like it.

We haven't had much rain the last couple of winters. Hopefully this is the one.

Thanks again.

DJ

Micropterus salmoides
11-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Troutin Man, this was at Lake Irvine if that what you meant.

I mainly do saltwater and fish for bass. So I'm used to the slow days with little to no bites. Though it was great to limit out so fast. But I prefer the challenge at times so having the lake filled would be a nice change of pace. Even when I fished the lake last year with the water level not that low. I still limit out within 2 hours from shore. The place is fun to fish regardless of what the water level is. Only gripe I had yesterday was I had a brain fart and didn't put a swivel on my lure when I was trolling. Can you say line twist? Guess I have to respool one of my reel again.