PDA

View Full Version : What to fish for this time of year

trouttroller
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I am wanting to go out on a party boat, whats bitting this time of year, any reccomended boats, I'm thinking may be long beach area or new port? for a 1/2 day trip.

ghetto dad
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Last I heard, the local boats are still catching rockfish.....I heard Catalina had some good barracuda fishing, along with decent bass fishing, and also a few yellows.......

uandme
04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
1/2 day and many 3/4 day boats are loading up on all sorts of rockfish this time of year. but with the recent weather change and water temps going up, expect bass bite to go off. cudas haven't been showing up consistently yet, so are the bonitas.

for rockfishing, bring heavy sinkers (4-8oz), 20~30lb test, heavier rods and reverse dropper loop. drop it straight down to the bottom and wait. turn the reel twice if your bait isn't getting hit after 5 mins.

g'luck mate!

ghetto dad
04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree on the bass bite gettin ready to go.....hopefully, soon, im tired of rockfish!!!

rockbass
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm waiting to see some bass, Bonito or 'cuda activity, cuz the rockbass just don't excite me (although they do taste good!!)

I'm waiting for warmer water, it's coming up quickly.....

rockbass
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree on the bass bite gettin ready to go.....hopefully, soon, im tired of rockfish!!!

Ghetto dad- but you got your hands full of the fish you're tired of!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rusty6
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
its coming very quickly, just check the nodc website, water temps ate up 1.5 degrees from yesterday in the L.A. area