PDA

View Full Version : Stock at Pudd

dday07
11-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Usually a bigger stock 1st plant and 2nd...the 1st stock 400lb....soooo this mean will be getting 200lb. in the future? i used to look forward to 3 month break from bass fishing for trout but that's about over now.

KidTrout
11-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Usually a bigger stock 1st plant and 2nd...the 1st stock 400lb....soooo this mean will be getting 200lb. in the future? i used to look forward to 3 month break from bass fishing for trout but that's about over now.

Yea they don't stock as much anymore. Every plant seems to be different. I would go to Perrin, silver wood, or DVL if you want to go somewhere cheap to fish and you can catch a lot to.

hamdenst
11-13-2013, 05:08 PM
hey dday,
what day did they end up stocking? i was eagerly awaiting the arrival of dfw stock trucks but instead found nothing but weeds growing out into the lake as far as i could see! got any intel on where i can find a weed-less portion of the lake? thanks!

-e

dday07
11-15-2013, 09:37 AM
hey dday,
what day did they end up stocking? i was eagerly awaiting the arrival of dfw stock trucks but instead found nothing but weeds growing out into the lake as far as i could see! got any intel on where i can find a weed-less portion of the lake? thanks!

-e

it was wed. the 6th. The South Beach area has lost alot of weeds and the creek there is pretty weed free now

Whiteleather
11-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Such a shame. That lake is less than a mile from my house and I would always take my kids fishing on our bikes there. But with only 400lbs, there isn't going to be any trout to fish for after taking into account how many will get eaten by birds, bigger fish and just die off from being weak as stockers in the first place. That lake is big enough that they should be stocking it with at least 1,000 lbs every 2 weeks. Guess I just continue to spend gas $ to go to Lake Gregory for my trout fix. Any suggestions from anyone on here as to how we can convince the dfg and/or Bonelli Park to get more fish dumped into the Pudd?

dday07
11-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Such a shame. That lake is less than a mile from my house and I would always take my kids fishing on our bikes there. But with only 400lbs, there isn't going to be any trout to fish for after taking into account how many will get eaten by birds, bigger fish and just die off from being weak as stockers in the first place. That lake is big enough that they should be stocking it with at least 1,000 lbs every 2 weeks. Guess I just continue to spend gas $ to go to Lake Gregory for my trout fix. Any suggestions from anyone on here as to how we can convince the dfg and/or Bonelli Park to get more fish dumped into the Pudd?

Gov. cutbacks so don't see it getting better anytime soon..

hamdenst
11-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Kind of ironic they can't find the funding for more stocking yet our license fees go up each year :Angry:

etucker1959
11-16-2013, 08:17 AM

I've got an idea but you're probably not going to like it. I'm with you on more DFG plants for trout and catfish. In any budget to make it balance it's a combination of revenue and expenses. Well they cut the expenses ok by stocking less fish. So how about increasing the revenue earmarked for just stocking fish. In fairness to the tight wads who never want to pay for some else's projects we can do this. This is not a new idea, just an old idea brought back. Have a trout stamp and a catfish stamp available to be purchased in addition to your license, only IF you want to buy it. All additional funds must be used for stocking fish only!!!!!!!! That way the Bass guy's who never fish for trout or catfish anyway, don't have any additional cost going to their license fees.