PDA

View Full Version : So you have an old iPad 1 and want the new iPad Air?

dkinla
11-07-2013, 07:37 AM
The following is good until November 9th at Target Stores...

basically, Target is offering an awesome $200 gift card when you trade in any working iPad. Obviously, this trade-in is best if you have the 1st generation iPad since the iPad 2, iPad 3, and 4th gen iPad would probably fetch at least that amount or more...

you could use the $200 gift card to purchase a new iPad Air for $200 off the retail price! Not too shabby :LOL: You don't have to bring in any of the accessories/cables/etc., just the iPad that will power on when you take it to their store and no cracked screens.

$200 (at least) toward a new iPad w/ trade in @ Target until Nov. 9 also GCs on select Apple products

"Trade up to the new iPad you want. Get at least $200 toward a new iPad when you trade in your previous generation iPad.*

* Available only in stores with Target Mobile. Hours vary by store. Visit www.targettradeinprogram.com for store hours, locations and to see if your device qualifies for offer.

To be eligible for trade in, the device must power on and be in working condition, without any broken components. The minimum $200 is for any version iPad; each device must power on and the screen must not be cracked or damaged to receive the promotional value."

$200 gift card can be used in store and online.

Also, if you buy the following products at Target, you'll receive the following gift cards on select Apple products:

$40 Gift Card iPad w/ Retina display Wi-Fi 16GB Other Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi+Cellular models available.
$25 Gift Card iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB
$10 Gift Card Apple TV
$15 Gift Card iPod nano 16GB
$25 Gift Card iPod touch 32GB (5th Generation) :LOL:

If you have a red Target Card, I think you can get an additional 5% or 10% cashback as well...

thought this might interest a fellow FNNer or you may know someone who has an old iPad and wants to either get a new iPad/iPad mini or whatever else they want

EL JEFE
11-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Went on the Target website and entered the Gen 1 iPad to get a trade-in value; $65!! $125 for gen 2 (16GB); $170 gen 3 (16GB); $205 for gen 3 (64GB). This is about what most places pay for them if sold on secondary market. Although the convenience of going to store and the GC when purchasing, makes it a pretty good deal.

dkinla
11-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Went on the Target website and entered the Gen 1 iPad to get a trade-in value; $65!! $125 for gen 2 (16GB); $170 gen 3 (16GB); $205 for gen 3 (64GB). This is about what most places pay for them if sold on secondary market. Although the convenience of going to store and the GC when purchasing, makes it a pretty good deal.

No! Go to a physical Target store, and they should be offering you $200 minimum (gift card) for any working iPad, including the iPad 1.

Tomorrow's the last day I think for this promo, so if you have an old iPad 1, this is the best way to get the most $.

Trust me... many, many, many people have done this deal.

gluck.

EL JEFE
11-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. If you run across this deal again, please post; I was trying to get my mothers iPad 1 into to Target
for this deal, but she couldn't make it by yesterday.