PDA

View Full Version : 11/3 Bite-on Create a bait event

manuel149
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I told Marissa two weeks ago about the Bite-on Create a bait event at Irvine and she said she was in.
She had been counting down the days really excited about creating her own bait. The day of, I got up at 4 to finish packing
up a few last things when all of a sudden she pops up saying she woke up because she remembered today was the day.
I wish she was like that for school, she needs to be woken up at 6:30 but for fishing she was up at 4:30 all by herself.:Shocked:
We got to the line about 5:30, I was surprised to see such a short line. We made our way in and were greeted by the Bite-on crew.
She got a nice goodie bag with lots of treats. The bait creating was a blast for all the kids and parents. The crew was very helpful and
attentive with all the participants. After a detailed how to on gigging down to the water we go. We stated out next to the road about the middle.
We tossed out her orange bait she created. I noticed fish being caught around and we still had no action. So I tell her just 15 more minutes and we move.
About a minute goes by when she has a fish on the end of her line. It didn’t take any runs and when she gets it close we see it’s a nice fat cat, about 3 or 4 lbs.
So create a bait also catches cats!!! We stay another while and no one around us has caught anything, so off we go to the other end. It was a good choice because
within 5 minutes she’s on aging. But this time this fish is taking some line and taking some runs. It took her to the right then to the left and finally she brings it in a nice fat 2.6 trout.
That was all we got. There was a nice steady bite all around ,cheers and laughter too. The crew comes around and says it’s time to weigh in.
Here is the best part, we didn’t even know they were having a weigh in for prizes. We bring in her fish and she was the lucky 1st place winner with her 2.6. She is super exited with her prize
A box of Create a bait and can’t wait to open it up. We will be back out sooner than later.
Thanks to the Bite-on crew for putting on this event. :Applause:
Tight lines
Manny

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/manuelc149/12690DD2-6C93-4DCF-8980-61C890F9B98F-3240-000008669BC6F461_zpsa59f2c30.jpg

Fishingdachronarch201E7
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey Manuel149

Sounds like the you guys had a blast and thats awesome not even knowing about the weigh in and she ends up winning, doesnt get any better!!! good times at Irvine Lake

LOL@she wont get up for school but up at 430am for fishing LOL LOL gotta love it!

Thanks for the great report.

Tony G

TaperSteve
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
The Bite On peeps are def top notch and they make some amazing fish catching products. Thanks for the report!

Come hang out with us at the Vine in a few weeks at the BB Custom & Team 57 event called "Trout"sgiving! There will be other kids there, good food, great fishing, and lots of really cool people. Visit the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more details & to sign-up. Hope y'all can make it!

TS

troutdog
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Sounds like a perfect day....thanks for sharing, kudos to BiteOn for putting something together like this for the kids!

TD

5150fishn
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Great report and pic! The Bite-on crew are class act people. Sounds like it was a fun event for the kids.

VineVideos
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
NICE !!! Thanks for the report, Manny.

DJ

Andrew Deal Outdoors
11-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Great report, always good to see the kids with fish, way to go to bite on for involving the kids.

ProdigyFishing
11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Man that was a fun day! We had a great time helping the kids make the bait, and walking around talking to everyone. There is nothing better than seeing a kid catch a nice fish and know that they are hooked for life! Can't wait for the Bite-On tourney on December 7th. Thanks for the great report and picture!