gogreeenz4
11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
any opinions or thoughts on this ride?

Top Speed?

Maximum amount of People?

anything?

christopherstellar
11-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Do yourself a favor, use the cash instead to buy a used fiberglass boat, you'll thank me when the wind kicks up and the water gets rough.

flyhigh123
11-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Do yourself a favor, use the cash instead to buy a used fiberglass boat, you'll thank me when the wind kicks up and the water gets rough.

i have an alum and never had an issue with wind or rough water and i;ve been in some bad wind and water... i do have a deep v though

gogreeenz4
11-06-2013, 11:34 AM
its not the material that matters as much as the deep v and mod v...fiberglass boats have a deep v an i think chris was trying to say go with a deep v not a mod v an i see where he is coming from

flyhigh123
11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
any opinions or thoughts on this ride?

Top Speed? guessing 25mph+

Maximum amount of People? site says 4

anything? you should say what you plan to use it for, but i dont have too much boat exp

gogreeenz4
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
i am guesing 35-40 with a 50 horse judging by the sites info with a 40 horse

i plan to use it on the water ahahahaha most bass and trout

christopherstellar
11-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I also think a glass boat is easier to maneuver with the trolling motor in the wind. I bass fish, and when I'm fishing structure it's easier for me in the glass boat and I have to be on the electric trolling motor less

See Chris Fish
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Depends on what you're going use it for.
I own a deep V aluminum. Does great in all weather conditions and most important it fits the type of fishing I do.
There's a difference between max people in boat and max people FISHING in the boat.
It also not the number of people, but the weight of those aboard including gear.
Speed should be in the 35-40 range.
Are you new to boating?
If so, I highly recommend boatsafe.com. Free boater safety online class. I did this and it started me with a nice base of knowledge.

Enjoy and tight lines.

QB7940
11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I have a 2012 Tracker Pro 175. Its a great first boat. Has everything you need. But we're going to either sell or trade it in for a Nitro. Why? Cause its so hard to stay on a spot when the wind kicks up. If I fish solo I put cinder blocks in to add weight, it helps keep me more stable. I chase after crappie and most of the time they want the jig real real slow and stable. You might not think that this is a big deal but it gets to you after a long frustrating day of chasing fish. I get tired of hoping off the trolling motor to unhook a fish, only to be 40 yards away from the structure when I look back up. Either way, you're going to have fun!

DockRat
11-07-2013, 06:49 AM
do yourself a favor, use the cash instead to buy a used fiberglass boat, you'll thank me when the wind kicks up and the water gets rough.

X2............

Light boats are no bueno.

cutbait
11-07-2013, 07:26 AM
X2............

Light boats are no bueno.

DR is no bueno!

Light boats, aluminum are excellent for trolling, anchoring, and drifting fishing. Unmatched vs Fiberglass.

Goo, go with the Fiberglass. Your Green carp fishing will suffer with the wind pushing the boat around at will.

I've had both and will tell you my experiences are Green carp fishing demands Glass.

Aluminum are for multi-species, fuel economy, trailering ease

HawgZWylde
11-07-2013, 07:26 AM
its not the material that matters as much as the deep v and mod v...fiberglass boats have a deep v an i think chris was trying to say go with a deep v not a mod v an i see where he is coming from

Weight is the issue. The deep V, while light will ride better in rough conditions, but not nearly as well as a heavier fiberglass hull. Most Bass boats are not considered deep V's. I would recommend a fiberglass hull. I know you are a big bait chucker and rough water is when those baits shine, the boat you are inquiring about will be one rough ride and I wouldn't want to get caught in one on big, rough waters. We fish out of a Stratos 176 XT and even that can be a bit hairy on a real rough DVL day. That boat is Stratos's answer to the aluminum Trackers. My buddy bought it for $17,000.00 out the door with a 60hp Merc. It does 35-40mph loaded with us, all our gear, full gas tank, and a full livewell. Another thing is you'll be burning up trolling motor batteries because you will be on it constantly. That boat comes with one trolling motor battery, same as my buddies Stratos and on rough days, we'd burn the charge up by noon. On a normal day, it would be losing power by late afternoon. If you do that on a regular basis, you'll be replacing batteries about every 6 months unless you add another one to the trolling motor rig. If you can afford it, go with the heavier glass...

allIdoIsfish
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
my first boat was a 175 with a 60 on the back, Top speed was 33-34 on the gps with very little gear and only me in the boat. Id go with a fiberglass boat cause with the tracker if you have two people standing on the same side of the boat, it will lean really really bad and it makes things worse when there is wind. Also on 10mph wind days you will have to have your foot on the trolling motor the whole time, If your off it for like 5 seconds you will be pushed off your spot pretty bad.

DockRat
11-07-2013, 03:20 PM
GoGreen420 read this;

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/boats/tracker.html

http://forums.iboats.com/tracker-boats/tracker-welds-363882.html

gogreeenz4
11-07-2013, 04:39 PM
GoGreen420

:LOL: bahahahahahhahahaha

thanks Dr i appeciate the articles..

gwurzel
11-08-2013, 07:06 AM
I was looking at a bass tracker too - now, not so much. 2nd user fibre glass for me I think.

Thanks for posting this thread btw, wasn't aware of these rib issues and all that.

G

Matt44
11-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Just got the pro guide 16 walk thru with a 60 merc and I love mine deep v is the way to go if you fish rough water. Had it about 7 months no compaints at all.

Kingfisher2
11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I bought a 2012 Pro-guide 175 (Merc. 115) last April. Spent the majority of the summer in the Sierras, trolling for trout and it did me well. I absolutely love my boat.