PDA

View Full Version : 11/4 late report - broken in short (er) loomis/double hookup crisis turned good

Malosos82
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Hi Everybody!

I made a solo trip on mon to see if I could get on these bastards and do recon for sat. I took the day off for san diego beer week and got to have my cake and eat it too.

Lost 2 fish promptly. 1st started peeling line hard immediately and threw the hook on a jump that left the idiot stunned on the surface. Got my limit and lost 5 by 11 after launching at 830.

First one was off my deep crawler. As I reel I it my pwr mouse on the loomis goes nasty bendo. I decide to stay the course. I net the one and have a hook in a fishes mouth that just won't die in a net in my lap. I bite the line to prevent a hook in the eye (is that paranoid, sure...I'm a bit of a 30 yr old hippie, so I'm ok w it). I then start a longish fight w my biggest of the day while realizing I have to net it with a live trout in my net and probably have but one chance. I nailed it. Very fun, I hugged my net toy chest for a long time while I let the adrenaline subside . A kayak nearby saw it all which was nice for my pride.

Next was feesh #5. I only had the 1 hookup on my deep crawler. Caught 5 and lost 4 on my "custom" gl2. I broke the tip off of it at gull lake in my car door in August on my annual sierra trip, so its 7'1" now instead of 7'2". I was upset, but this actually helped the action. Fish #5 was the smallest landed but had the tip of my rod in the water which was crazy fun. I have a fishcat 4 and am 6'2" and yes I was holding it ul with my hands by my eyes. Can't wait for this weekend! The drive from sd is nothing when the action Is this fast!

troutdog
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Congrats on a great day, good luck on Saturday!

TD

Malosos82
11-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks Troutdog! You too! Its tough winning when Team 57 is everywhere at once...