PDA

View Full Version : ESTIMATE THE WEIGHT! Ninja Fishing

Justeeeze
11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, new to fishingnetwork... just got into fishing about a month ago and i love it! The feeling of a fish on the end of the line never gets old! Well my friend caught this here bass and didn't have a scale, my guess was this was a 5 pound LMB at best...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/jvillaroman1/image.jpg

City Dad
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Just 5 lbs? At least go for it... I'd say that thing is an easy 12-pounder!

DarkShadow
11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
You can use the rod as a basis of comparison and use the following chart:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/catchrelease/bass_length_weight.phtml

Obviously it's not accurate, but it'll give you a rough estimate.

gogreeenz4
11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
solid 6483 ounce fish for suuuure!

goodguy
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I'd say 5 and change...

If you're releasing... Try not to put them on the grass. It's not good for em. If you're eating, then knock yourself out!
Either way, nice catch!!!

TUNAVIC
11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Very nice,I'd say that's a conservative estimate,which is humble,WTG!

Cya TUNAVIC

i feed fish
11-08-2013, 03:48 PM
4.5-5lbs take better pics next time hahah

Hotbite909
11-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I think its weight is good enough for a few fillets dusted in corn meal and flour. Ha! I would say 4 to 5 lbs for a nice fat bass like that one. Even more if you throw it back and catch it a few years from now!

stepchild
11-09-2013, 07:55 AM
solid cookie..1.5 maybe 2 lber

dday07
11-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, new to fishingnetwork... just got into fishing about a month ago and i love it! The feeling of a fish on the end of the line never gets old! Well my friend caught this here bass and didn't have a scale, my guess was this was a 5 pound LMB at best...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/jvillaroman1/image.jpg

I'll say 5-6lb. keep up the Ninja fishing..seems to be coming a lost art...at least on this board...lol!

I*B*CATCHIN
11-09-2013, 01:33 PM
That's a nice big bass ...here's a thought ...how bout a ninja tourney

Justeeeze
11-09-2013, 07:12 PM
That's a nice big bass ...here's a thought ...how bout a ninja tourney

I'm up for it! set up a thread one day and lets do this! :LOL: Biggest Large Mouth by Pound, mechanical/digital scale has to be used!

NFCD I
11-10-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm just curious, what's the difference between ninja fishing and poaching?

Justeeeze
11-10-2013, 11:07 AM

My definition of Ninja Fishing is : the act of being quiet and stealth at night, not poaching with nets, just having a good time with my buds, Catch and release obviously:Smile:

bman90278
11-10-2013, 11:12 AM
could be a 3 1/2 or 4, but u should bring ur scale next time so u will know for sure. Nothing like catching a PB and not knowing plus if u post a thread asking for weights u will never know. Good going tho!

-brian

dday07
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
X2........catch and release....nuff said
My definition of Ninja Fishing is : the act of being quiet and stealth at night, not poaching with nets, just having a good time with my buds, Catch and release obviously:Smile:

Breaking Bass
11-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing 5-6 but its weird how a fish that looks the same size will weigh differently depending where you caught it from. For a more accurate guestimation, you'll need to pm me the exact location from where you caught it :)

Thisfool
11-11-2013, 01:03 PM

well poaching by deffenition is the act of catching fish in an illegal way so ninja fishing is poaching how ever i personly see poaching as fishing with out an L or keeping under size or over limit fish. as far as im concernd C&R is not poaching and CA is one of the few states where LAKES CLOSE AT NIGHT many other states you can walk up to any boady of water as long as its not private ownd and fish any time of day or night.

NFCD I
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
well poaching by deffenition is the act of catching fish in an illegal way so ninja fishing is poaching how ever i personly see poaching as fishing with out an L or keeping under size or over limit fish. as far as im concernd C&R is not poaching and CA is one of the few states where LAKES CLOSE AT NIGHT many other states you can walk up to any boady of water as long as its not private ownd and fish any time of day or night.

I agree with everything you said. I lived in the Midwest for 15 years. During the heat of summer, we would start fishing at 8:00PM.

dday07
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I agree with everything you said. I lived in the Midwest for 15 years. During the heat of summer, we would start fishing at 8:00PM.

Visited friends in Alabama and Ohio and both states fishing all nite plus most no charge to lake no matter how huge or busy...Pudd used to be all nite before it became a city lake....miss those days

Stormcrow
11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
3.5 to 4.

Nice fish. The scale size gives me a clue. But thats from a Biology standpoint.

DarkShadow
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
But thats from a Biology standpoint.

What about a "I have never owned a scale and I over estimate all my catches until someone calls me on it and I get butt hurt" standpoint?

Stormcrow
11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
What about a "I have never owned a scale and I over estimate all my catches until someone calls me on it and I get butt hurt" standpoint?

Huh??? I was just answering his question with my best estimation using the size of the fish's scales I can see from the picture. What are you talking about???

LBSea
11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Visited friends in Alabama and Ohio and both states fishing all nite plus most no charge to lake no matter how huge or busy...Pudd used to be all nite before it became a city lake....miss those days

4.5+lbs The fish looks BIG next to the reel and rod but not so much with your shoe in the backround. None the less that is a nice fish!

Ninja fishing to us was C & R fishing all the rock quarries in Azusa, San Dimas and Covina. If there was a sign that read NO FISHING we were there. Those were the days. Ditching school and fishing and swimming all day long.

DDay,
How long ago was that at Puddingstone aka Frank G Bonelli? I use to fish that place 25+ years ago and would get kicked out by the ranger promptly at either 9:00pm or 10:00pm can not remember but never all night fishing. At that time it was run by the County of LA. I was a student worker for the County of LA Assessors Office and would get in for free by showing my LA County Business Card.

Back to work now!

DarkShadow
11-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Huh??? I was just answering his question with my best estimation using the size of the fish's scales I can see from the picture. What are you talking about???

LOL, i wasn't talking about you Crow.

I was talking about the countless other people who have no clue on what fish actually weight that are quick to give their estimation. I've never seen so many 2.5 pound fish turned into 5s in my life.

gogreeenz4
11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
my all time favorite is when someones says dude i cuaght a 10-15 pounder...do you tell people dude i cughat a 1-5 pounder hahahahahahaha

in short 5 pound gap in weight isnt a very good guess