PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 03 November

Fresh H2O Bill
11-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Good morning,

I went up to the house this past weekend to continue to work on the kitchen remodel. Almost there, but so is Thanksgiving! Note to self: Hurry up .....

I went over to Bolder Bay for 2 hours Sunday morning and was fortunate enough to land two nice trout. One of the fish was 18" and the other was 20". Both of the fish were caught on a night crawler 4' below a fixed bobber. I had three other players but they were short-striking the crawler. I also caught a couple of small bass on the same rig.

Until next time, tight lines and be safe.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

billy b
11-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Good morning,

I went up to the house this past weekend to continue to work on the kitchen remodel. Almost there, but so is Thanksgiving! Note to self: Hurry up .....

I went over to Bolder Bay for 2 hours Sunday morning and was fortunate enough to land two nice trout. One of the fish was 18" and the other was 20". Both of the fish were caught on a night crawler 4' below a fixed bobber. I had three other players but they were short-striking the crawler. I also caught a couple of small bass on the same rig.

Until next time, tight lines and be safe.

Bill

"kitchen remodel ... so hurry up" ...???

mission89
11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
is there still lots vegetation growth along the shoreline?

Fresh H2O Bill
11-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Mission 89,

The growth has receded some. They have used a two-part chemical treatment to draw down the lake grass. In talking with some people, the fishing seems to be picking up. The trout have been migrating from the west towards the east end of the lake.

Bill

etaggart
11-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the post, Bill - I may be up this weekend for some tubing.

Anyone notice whether the weeds around the Observatory have receded?

ET

Mojave River Angler
11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Looks like I'll be out there too for this weekend. Maybe Sat only but Sun could happen too. I'll be out in the tandem yellow perception 14' with my 12yr old fishing buddy and my friend Bill who recently picked up a new yak. Looking forward to cool air and very little wind...and maybe some fish. I need the down time real bad. My wife went missing in July and her body was discovered about a mile from our home on Oct. 20th. It has been the most stressful of times and it's hard to imagine ever enjoying anything again. I'm told that over time the joy of life comes back. This will be the beginning of that therapeutic process that I expect will take quite some time. I figured out a few years ago that MY fishing wasn't about the fish. Glad I have developed a habit or relaxing with a pole or two nearby. Hope to see you out there.
MRA

billy b
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
MRA ... so sorry to hear your loss. I've been with my bride for 44 years and would pack it up ... and then pack it in if she passed on

Hope the cause of death wasn't too tragic ... the loss would be enough ...

Hoot951
11-08-2013, 06:01 PM
I been hitting Big Bear the last couple of weeks and the water has prob dropped 1 1/2-2 feet. The vegetation is starting to die out also.

chongdawoon
11-13-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm thinking about getting a cabin this Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm worried about driving conditions. Would I be required to have snow chains around that time? If anyone knows, please give me a heads-up. Thanks