PDA

View Full Version : Promar Eclipse vs Promar Deluxe Lobster Nets

Soakin Bait
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
I have 2 eclipse nets and looking to buy 3 more. Are they worth the money for a better catch/ease of use? Any help would be appreciated

Soakin Bait

bruce watson
09-24-2007, 06:33 AM
I haven't seen a whole lot of difference in results. The only thing I notice is that in a smaller boat with less room, they take up a lot more space. The best you can do is to stack them two high. With the old style hoops, I stack them 5 high. Big difference with 2 people and 10 hoops in the boat.

Soakin Bait
09-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Well
I have enough room in my boat but just wanted some opinons on the nets. Thanks

umoa
09-25-2007, 12:50 AM
the eclipse = less chance of escaping while pulling up. It gives an advantage in deeper water. There is also less technique in pulling up the eclipse.

Soakin Bait
09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the replies

Less technique equals my type of net. How deep are these really effective at or is it just a bonus?

Soakin Bait

LBSea
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Soakin Bait,
I have 3 Eclipes & 4 Regular 32" Pro Mar hoops nets fully rigged with commercial floats and bait cages. I am also in Long Beach, if you want to compair the two let me know I am ready at a moments notice. You can have up to 10 hoops on your boat as long as you have two or more people. As far as how the Eclipes is vs. 32" or 36" Regular Hoop, the Eclipes is MUCH heavier to pull but you don't need to pull as often since the bugs that get in usually can't get out. Get a "Trap-Ease" from Scotty if you don't already have one, they make pulling any hoop net easy and smooth.

PM if you are interested in my offer!

Doug

Bowhunter
10-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I have bouth on my boat ..5 and 5 and ther equial... One night one will do better .....the next night night the outher one will....So to me there the same.....From 10ft. to 100ft...