PDA

View Full Version : Best Day at the Vine

elfarolitojr03
11-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Had a late start due to classes first but still made it out to my favorite place. Arrived by 1130, was in the water by 1150. Launched out of the west shore fishing just past the buoy line. Set up: split shot, carolina rig, both around 18 inches. Both had mice tails, one pink body white head, other all white, both dipped in bite on garlic/roe. Drifted with the current, hitting the bottom of the lake. About 5 mins into my session i get slammed but miss it. 10 mins later rod #1 goes bendo and as im reeling in my first trout, rod #2 goes bedo as well! Double hook up to start off my trout season, both landed! About 10 minutes later, still in the same spot just roaming a bit i get slammed again, reel in the rainbow, and as im taking the hook out my other rod gets slammed! instead of setting the hook i slightly tug on my line and the fish is on, but since i was still removing the hook from the other fish i didnt set the hook, so i lost another one :Shocked: . Recast that rod that i caught #3 on and about 5 minutes later I hook up on #4. Line starts peeling and this one goes on a good run, jumping out of the water a few times, but i finally managed to pull him in. Recast and then 10 minutes later i hook up onto #5, reel him in and net him. Caught my first limit of this year in less than an hour! Gave some people on a boat near me some mice tails and they caught some trout as i was leaving. Had a great day at the vine fishing even though i only fished for like an hour, it was still better than being at home doing homework. Ended with a 9.8lb stringer, biggest fish weighing in at 2.65lb. will try to add pic if possible

hope to have more great days like today.
wish everyone the best of luck out at the vine.

tight lines

Fishingdachronarch201E7
11-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Hey elfarolitojr03

WTG out there, sounds like it was a great time on the water!

you were tubing?

Thanks

Tony G

5150fishn
11-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Congrats on a great day on the water! I will be hitting it on sat.

Carptain_Bao
11-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice way to start the season. It is very generous that you gave others some mice tails and help them get on some fish! Goo job!

Thisfool
11-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Awesome way to get it going good job

troutdog
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
The season is starting off right, wtg out there! Can't wait to get back out there.

TD